Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 11:53:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KEEP ON KEEPING ON  (Read 5297 times)
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 03:57:02 PM »

When I first started working it cost me $.25 a gallon to fuel my 57 Chrysler. I made $1.00 an hour. That was 15 minutes of work for a gallon of fuel. When I retired I paid $3.00 a gallon and was making $25.00 an hour. That's about 8 minutes of work (if my poor aging mind is on track today) for a gallon of fuel.
    In my strange little world it seems to have improved. How ever since I've retired and gotten the Gubberment involved I'm sure my income will go down. Fixed income is an illusion.
    The last time I brought this up the room emptied...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »

Fixed income!! Grin Still sounds broken to me!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »

It won't fix anything I have. If I break anything now I'm done.
    Health care ins., what's that? I chose to live in a house instead...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Brassman

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »

Oh yea, my income is fixed-- the problem is that everything else is broken. Huh
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »

My health insurance premiums blew past my house payments last year for me and the wife. Pretty sad considering I have owned the house for 11 years, the ole lady for 26 years, and haven't been to the doctor for 8 years. I had a ringworm so I am sure I have a rider now for infections, heart ailments and back issues !! My son probably has the same now because of family history!!

baldeaglewy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »

BCO  ....

THANKS for the plug on our "Rally in the Rockies" sponsored by Eagles International.  Just to be sure you all know the dates are August 24 thru 26th, 2011.  We are in beautiful Cody WY. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need further information.

Tony & Pam Saraceni
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »

Thats ok as long as BCO still has time to post something on Sunday morning!

RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »

Well said BCO... wel said.

Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »

That is why we put a lock bar on our fuel cap. At the least, it will, hopefully, make the crook look for an easier target, and if my wife hears them, I think they will change their mind when I stick my head out our bedroom window with my .45 Ruger Blackhawk.  Jack

Jack,

Let me know if you ever need and alibi.  I'm your guy.  I love how you reason with the crook. Grin

John doesn't have a 45

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »

but a caravan?  What do you do when one breaks down, everyone sit around and wait for #23 to get it back in running order.  Just isn’t my can of worms.  Traveling with a large group of people is a lot of problems, if you have never experienced this, and you do this trip in a large group, you soon will see what it is that I am talking about.

Hiring a tanker and all that, well, jeeze, look at it for what it is. 

Buswarrior had a better idea, he said: “For a multi-vehicle caravan, there might be some savings by fueling them all on the same fuel account, as if you were a fleet.  Call a couple of your local national fuel retailer's fleet fuel account representatives and see what the volume thresholds might be.”

Thanks for your reply

BCO

When one breaks down? Im still at a cross roads on that as well. It kinda depends on how many people want to go. I figure we will travel about 200 to 300 miles per day. Staying on schedual will be critical as other people will be joining at different points in the route. The professional caravans usually a service vehicle with the caravan and sometimes a wrecker too for problems that come up along the way. If it is a minor problem they would be able to rejoin the caravan by catching up, if not then obviously they will have to go to nearest garage to have work done and will be in all probability dropping out of the caravan.

Actually I have gone with caravans before, many times, but it was with a bunch of corvettes. In my experience, caravans are FUN!!!

The tanker was just a thought... that's all. Im sorry you didnt like it. And I agree that I like Bus Warrior's idea too!

Still think you're cute  Wink Grin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 04:20:58 AM »

Actually I have gone with caravans before, many times, but it was with a bunch of corvettes. In my experience, caravans are FUN!!!

The tanker was just a thought... that's all. Im sorry you didnt like it. And I agree that I like Bus Warrior's idea too!

Still think you're cute  Wink Grin

Then I say "Go for it!"  You seem to have a pretty good idea as to what you want to have happen in the way of things, so do it.  It might turn out to be the trip of a lifetime eh?

BCO

paulrobie

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 04:25:48 AM »

Right on brother... Agree with just about everything you said there... As for the last part comparing any other type of vacation to bus, We took the family, (two daughters, two grandkids, wife and me) on caribian cruise at Christmas, After all was said and done, well over 8 grand. And we live in/near the port city!

So looking forward to getting up and bussin', fuel is what it is - take it or leave it, it's the experience baby!

Organization is the sign of a sick mind..
1981 MCI - MC 9
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 04:38:19 AM »

We took the family, (two daughters, two grandkids, wife and me) on caribian cruise at Christmas, After all was said and done, well over 8 grand. And we live in/near the port city!

Thank you for your reply Paul.  I also heard from some folks who tour Europe in the summer and the answer was the same $8 to $12K for the trip.  Traveling (using any kind of mode) is expensive these days.  I was in San Antone last summer and I don't want to see that place again, not any time soon.  Man, I used to think the traffic was bad in Austin?

BCO

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: