Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:32:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This might be worth watching: 1963 GM 4106 bus conversion  (Read 3696 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »

Ebay - 1963 GM 4106 bus conversion

1963 GM 4106 with a great history.  This coach left Michigan and started her life on the road with TNM&O (Greyhound Bus Lines) in Texas.  She was then hired on at Empire Bus Lines in Washington.  In the early 80ís she retired her life of carrying passengers.  Her next adventure was to be converted in a private coach.  She started this chapter of her life in Fresno, CA.  The gentleman who did the original conversion was a skilled woodworker who specialized in making cabinetry for boats.  As you can see the quality of his work still shows today.  In the early 2000 she would move on to a new owner in San Diego, CA.  This owner replaced the original 8V71 with a 8V71TA and V730 Allison automatic transmission.

In 2007 we decided we loved what we saw in her.  So after spending her life on the West Coast we drove her across country.  After arriving in North Carolina from a great and trouble free trip, we anticipated this would be a coach we would have for many years to come.  With that said we decided to go through and over her from bumper to bumper with a high level of expectation we made a lot of changes/updates.  These changes/updates included; engine, drive train, chassis and conversion.  There are too many changes/updates to list everything, so here are a few.

new muffler                                      new air filter system                       larger trans cooler

air bags                                              air hoses & lines                             radius rod bushings

brakes, drums & hardware                                                                        DD3 brake chambers

3 new roof airs                                 refrigerator                                       19 gallon hot water heater

20 KW diesel generator                  pluming                                              electrical

Custom sun shades                         new passenger & driver window

The pictures show two chairs, we still have the new Flex Steel couch if you prefer.

Because of a change in job hours we are having to look at her sitting in the drive way.  So with a heavy heart I am hoping to sell her to someone who will be able to enjoy her as much as we did and have more time with her than we do.

I will be happy to answer any question you have.  I have all my receipts and paperwork as well as a paper trail of her history.

I have this coach listed locally as well and reserve the right to end this auction.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:39:27 PM »

Love the looks of the 4106-and this is a good one.  Too bad there isn't enough headroom for a 6'3" guy like me to walk under the A/C's straight up.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:39:10 PM »

He's listed it on BNO as well:

http://www.busnut.com/classifieds/index.php?a=2&b=797

And Craigslist:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/rvs/2250676708.html

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:52:42 AM »

Thanks Bob. I wonder how flexible the price is?

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 07:51:03 AM »

Hmmmm. . .

Since it's in Mt Holly, NC, are there any busnuts in the area that know the coach and/or it's owner?

"Dreamcatcher" - I think he was at one of Jack's rallies in Arcadia awhile back. . .

Hmmmm. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:20:23 AM »

I have met him, I think he's on the board.  It is a VERY nice bus.  One of the finest conversions I have seen.  He let me come look at it one day.  I am surprised he is selling it.   

Marc

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »

I gotta say, for some of you guys out there who are looking, this is about as good as it gets for a 4106.  I  know they really loved this bus and spent money in the right places.  The fit & finish is just excellent inside and out.  If it is in your price range, this is a true turn-key coach.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
abacusblack

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 08:46:12 AM »

Great looking coach at a fair asking price. Just along the lines of what I have been doing research on and have found many nice coaches for sale in the USA.
It is such a shame that no converted coaches are "LEGALLY" admissible for import into Canada.

Brian...,Mission,British Columbia,Canada...( Vancouver area)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: