Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 11:15:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windshield wiper switches - Rebuildable?????  (Read 2355 times)
gus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »

Obviously the 4108 valves are not the same as the 4101 valves because I could find no parts anywhere, even online.

I made some parts that worked but don't remember exactly which ones, it was a while ago.

Try this guy, parts@gmbusguy.com, he had some valves that would work for about $55 but they were different than the originals and may not be the same as yours. He probably has the right ones though.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »

Have you ever noticed that it doesn't matter which or what dash you have to get under, it still sux!!  Angry
Anyway, here is what it looks like. And the shaft does seem to be a bit wore/sloppy.

There was a bit/lot of black oil under there too.  (go figure)

Sooo, does that look like the creature Dallas?? Does it look like any other valves that I can get??

Thanx guys,
    Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 05:00:10 PM »

Those look familiar Chaz.. I'll dig them out of the 6 wheel tool box tomorrow and see.

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »

(snip)   I don't how they are worth the hassle to rebuild. (snip) 

And after you rebuild them, you have worn bores, shafts, valves, etc. with nice new o-ring and seals.  That's gonna last a long time, right?Huh  For $25, buy new and save yourself some headaches down the road.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
stevet903

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 06:10:37 PM »

If you can't find it anywhere else NAPA has them - search online for wiper motor control.
Several come up that look like the one in the picture, however they are around $50.

Steve
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 06:12:46 PM »

Thanx Dallas. Hopefully I'll get lucky.  Roll Eyes The old "six wheeled tool box" has produced for me before!  Grin  

And you're right, oonrahnjay, for 25 dead presidents, it's a no brainer!!!!!!!! BUT........ that was what was "thought" the price was a couple years ago. I have been around long enough to know NOT to get my hopes up. It was even conjectured that they might not even be able to be FOUND!! So yeah, for 25 beans, I might even buy a third for a spare.  Roll Eyes I might be able to help one of our fellow brethren in the future with it. (case in point - Dallas)

Now, if and when I get these little critters found or fixed, it's back on my back.  Tongue But that's always a good position for screwing up.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin lolololol

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »

Thanx Steve, Looks like we were writing at the same time. I'll check that also.
  Chaz

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: