Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 12:34:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compressor - It maybe time. :(  (Read 6982 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 10:18:42 AM »

Thanx guys. Live and learn, I guess. And here I thought I was doing it correctly. Wish I knew you had trouble in the past with him, Luvr.
I thought a rebuilt would have been better than a take out. My bad. I do try to do everything the best I can or can afford. I prefer things that last as opposed to being disposable. They never give out when you're NOT using them.
Guess I'll try calling him back. Doesn't seem as tho he is going to.
Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »

If the compressor is bad, he should just send you another.  Follow up and maybe that is just what will happen.  If not, and you paid by credit card, you could deal with it that way.  Companies like this depend on good PR.  It would seem that they would want to keep people happy.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »

Yeah, I called him. He tried to help me diagnose it over the phone but there are only so many things I could do. He is going to send me a new one. (rebuilt, obviously) Bad thing is, I have had a trip planned for Friday night. Worst case (99% most likely case), he won't get me one before then. Best case, I'll have to blow another half day of work to get her ready.

I know it's not the end of the world (yet! Smiley) but s**t like this happens to me way, way more than the National Average. It gets old, ya know!!??  (I was actually going to buy an excellent condition Walther P-99 from a dealer tomorrow but....... better save some more and buy new. Same s**t happens on stuff I buy at swap meets for the Hot Rods. My cousin just shakes his head and can't believe the luck. Oh well......)

Thanx guys. Sorry about the venting.
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »

Yeah, I called him. He tried to help me diagnose it over the phone but there are only so many things I could do. He is going to send me a new one. (rebuilt, obviously) Bad thing is, I have had a trip planned for Friday night. Worst case (99% most likely case), he won't get me one before then. Best case, I'll have to blow another half day of work to get her ready.

I know it's not the end of the world (yet! Smiley) but s**t like this happens to me way, way more than the National Average. It gets old, ya know!!??  (I was actually going to buy an excellent condition Walther P-99 from a dealer tomorrow but....... better save some more and buy new. Same s**t happens on stuff I buy at swap meets for the Hot Rods. My cousin just shakes his head and can't believe the luck. Oh well......)

Thanx guys. Sorry about the venting.
  Chaz

Chaz,

Just as an FYI, I have not had a single problem with my rebuilt from REI, (same compressor)

Your'e just getting to experience the pain of not buying local, can't just go exchange it.

I have had plenty of defective new products fail on inital startup also....it happens.

But the price was right....... Wink

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 02:14:15 PM »

Chaz,

Unfortunately, this stuff happens to everyone all to often. When Don put my engine/tranny back in, the fuel pump did not work.  He got a rebuilt from Reliabuilt and that was bad also.  So he had to change it again.  My general hope is that the percentage of bad parts I get are easy to change.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »

The next one may be good to go what pisses me off is he don't think mine or your time is worth anything but he is cheap enough ! but never buy rebuilt brake relays and valves from him those are a bitch to change 2 or 3 times lol

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »

The next one may be good to go what pisses me off is he don't think mine or your time is worth anything but he is cheap enough ! but never buy rebuilt brake relays and valves from him those are a bitch to change 2 or 3 times lol
good luck

I once went through 4 alternators on my CJ7 in a period of 5 months from a national auto supply store.  They finally gave me a new one.

Found out later it was a defective part from the rebuilder.

But same thing, my free labor.  If only I didn't insist on doing my own repairs.......keeps me off the street  Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 06:23:28 PM »

How many times did you have to do that?? Just curious because they seem to work up and down just fine blowing shop air in the Governor. I will try it again. The compressor is a brand new rebuilt.
Chaz

I had to play with then a couple times and thought I would end up getting a rebuilt myself. I have had no problems since last spring. I aired bus up overthe weekend after be down for for few months and was very happy for a fast air up time.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2011, 05:32:11 AM »

I'm going to "play with it" a time or two more but what is it that you consider a "good" air up time??
Also, once I have enough air to use my throttle, it will build - what I would consider having always had a weak compressor - fairly fast. Make any sense??
 Thanx again!

Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2011, 11:33:45 AM »

Hey Guys,
  This is a copy of what i wrote on another thread. Dealing with this company was a nightmare and the credit card company wasn't a treat either. Man, it's hard to find anybody who cares anymore. It's absolutely what the bottom line can be boiled down to: Personal responsibility and caring. Anyway, here is what I wrote on the other thread:

Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end for this saga. I told you I would report when I knew more and it has taken this long for the Credit card company to do something besides giving me the run around. I have done letter after letter and phone call after phone call to get to this point. All I can say is apparently "if you pay peanuts, ya get monkeys".
Finally, a wonderful lady with some good common sense decided to just give REI a call while I while I was on the phone. I got to talk to JR and altho he TRIED to dance and spin, he could not. He said he was sending out a new compressor today. I actually think he might this time. (Everything was recorded.) But he has flat out lied before.
  So..... hopefully in a few days I will get the AC and get it put on and see how it works. After all these months of fussing over this I pray it works this time. I will keep ya posted.

Bottom line... Never EVER buy anything from REI rebuilders out of Bridgeview IL. (basically Chicago, I think)
I hope I have not over stepped any boundaries with this post but I am trying very, very, VERY hard to be civil. I was actually vibrating earlier I was so mad.
Hopefully, this thread will save someone some grief in the future.

Chaz

muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2011, 12:46:40 PM »

Glad you got it fixed. If Dallas said it needed repaired after motor rebuild, how much time and aggravation, has it cost you.
Just asking.

Glen
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2011, 01:02:41 PM »

It hadn't cost me anything till I had to deal with these _______. (think carribean sauce) It was working, but slow. I pulled the trigger too soon on buying one to find out how bad these guys really are. Now since I got this thing, there has been a LOT of time and aggrevation - with both the credit card co. and REI. If you want an hourly guess............................... 4-6 hours. Best guess. Trust me, you MIGHT, MAYBE, POSSIBLY could get a decent shake from these _______ (think beast of burden and displacement of dirt) but why take the chance. I never will again and I am very good at giving anybody another chance. (probably too good if you would ask some friends of mine.)
He said I'd have it in 1-3 days and HE was worried about me not sending back his junk.  Angry   Angry     Angry  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Chaz

muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2011, 01:06:21 PM »

Understand. That usually happens to me. Do you do a lot of repairs on your coach? Take care and happy busing.

Glen
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2011, 01:24:37 PM »

Chaz, this one I had to bite my tongue some of the guys here have had luck with him not me the guy lied to me about being a authorized Bendix re builder after several rounds I called Bendix they told me he was not a authorized re builder or they would send me another compressor without charge lesson learned spend the extra bucks and buy from a authorized re builder.
He got a friend of mine on Carrier compressor when it quit Carrier said no way would they honor his warranty take it back to him which turned out he wouldn't do anything and it cost him bucks for a new compressor but it came from Carrier.
He is bad news to deal with to save a few bucks I can feel for you been there done that 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
blank

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2011, 01:31:33 PM »

Almost 40 years buying rebuilt auto parts, selling rebuilt auto parts, and installing rebuilt auto parts. I believe over 1/2 of it was either completely wrong, or simply junk. Maybe even 3/4 of it. What I have found is that most things that fail have a simple fix and can be made to run again. What I have found too often are parts that dont even match the part you removed, and if you hand over your core too soon, you often regret it.

There just isnt much integrity anymore. Ive had so much better luck with used parts its usually my first choice. I found great interest in reading the old thread about fixing the air compressor, finding sticking unloader valves. Most of this Bus stuff is pretty heavy duty and well designed, and will last a long time if its just put together right and maintained a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: