Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:36:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pony Express maybe  (Read 3371 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 04:37:10 AM »

Living in a rural area in SW Florida, we also see quite a few rattlesnakes. If they are in the wild, we leave them alone. If they are near our house, barn, or shop, they will probably become a wallet (better than loosing a dog or cat, or GRANDCHILD). Last one we killed was an 80" one in our garage. We have found keeping the grass nowed very short, leaves no hiding place for them and we don't see as many.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »

No disrespect meant but dude you are crazy for believing all that you said, Poisonous snakes are "NOT" pets & can "NEVER" be pets. They are not trainable or trustable. Ask any real snake professional. I've seen documentaries on guys like you who are no longer with us or at least almost never made it. PLEASE respect the dangers.  

And yes I'm scared to death of snakes

Mind you these are not pets.  They are used for training.  I have been a professional snake handler/ dog trainer for over 10 years.  Can you please tell me how and where you derived the word pet from this conversation.  I am much more afraid of humans than I am any snake on US soil.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 04:50:59 AM »

I have snake phobia but times are tuff how much you willing to pay!LOL

If your serious pm me or email me.  I pay very well. 

www.snakebreaker.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 05:19:21 AM »

I hate snakes, but to each his own!
I'm the type of guy that used to kill ANY snake. But now days I'm like Jack & Don, if he ain't invading my "personal" space, or aggressive I give him a pass and encourage him to move on before someone else decides his fate.

Now I wish I were in TX to be able to do this Pony Express. (although just the name of it sounds wrong because horses hate snakes too!)
I'd love to do it just to be able to let my two over curious and boldly brave dumb Labs be trained to leave them alone! Several times they have "alerted" me to one here on the property and every time it's the same thing. I have to put them in the house or on a chain while I "allow" Mr. Slithers to make a get away!
But I'm not talking rattlers here either!

Walt I have several questions. What do you do with the snakes after a training session?
And why can't you reuse the same snakes instead of buying new ones all the time?
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 05:49:16 AM »

answered in a pm  I am sure we are stretching the moderators nerves like a rubber band.

www.snakebreaker.com
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 05:55:40 AM »

answered in a pm  I am sure we are stretching the moderators nerves like a rubber band.

wouldn't be the first time we got in trouble! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 05:57:49 AM »

Shocked  I guess we could light em up a little just to say "I am sorry I'll never do it again" and beg them with a  Kiss

www.snakebreaker.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 06:14:13 AM »

Wayne, my comment was all in fun I am not near afraid of a rattle snake as I am of the nasty little copper head in Texas,my wife has no fear snakes she bought a gopher snake for her green house and man did I get in trouble when I killed her snake like I was supposed to ask his name lol

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 06:28:36 AM »

Wayne, my comment was all in fun I am not near afraid of a rattle snake as I am of the nasty little copper head in Texas,my wife has no fear snakes she bought a gopher snake for her green house and man did I get in trouble when I killed her snake like I was supposed to ask his name lol

good luck

You went from the greenhouse to the doghouse, didn't you.

www.snakebreaker.com
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 06:31:09 AM »

Okay, Wayne, I will put this back on topic.... Grin

I am glad that you have such a great use for your bus. Having your own bed to sleep in, at night, is awesome. I know. I am sure you would like to take your bus to go pick them up, but maybe another year. Grin

Okay, we are set. You don't have to worry about the mods now Wink

God bless,

John

btw, I sent you a PM too.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 06:40:18 AM »

Well thank you Sir that is exactly what needed to happen.  I was figuring I was just about to get a pm from a mod any minute.  I need to figure out another avenue for my WVO conversion.  My brother in law is failing me miserably.  In two weeks it will have been a yar since I dropped the tank off to be welded.  I got to go another route!!  If I can get that done then I would treat the trip like a vacation and bus on out there.  I have 1500 gallons of WVO ready to go. 

www.snakebreaker.com
Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 07:08:19 AM »

Bring it up to Nashville & I'll finish it for you, but leave the snakes at home, unless they are in boot form, size 10 1/2 Grin
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 07:30:37 AM »

I wish I could charlie.  I don't have access to a TIG machine at home nor do I know if I can TIG that very thin aluminum on the tank.  I am sure I would damage it beyond belief. 

www.snakebreaker.com
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »

The movie camperbrat, was "Snakes On A Plane" with Wesley Snipes.

BCO

Cheesy I know, I saw the movie........ but Snakes On A Bus seemed more fitting here...... lol Im back off to lala land now, see ya  Grin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »

The movie camperbrat, was "Snakes On A Plane" with Wesley Snipes.

BCO

Cheesy I know, I saw the movie........ but Snakes On A Bus seemed more fitting here...... lol Im back off to lala land now, see ya  Grin

I hauled a girls basketball team once and they watched that movie on the bus! It was hilarious as the coach kept heard head covered about half the time but kept uncovering it to watch.
After the movie was over the coach told the team manager "throw that movie away I never wanna see it again! I'll probably never be able to sleep on the bus again after that!"
When we unloaded that night me an the manger joked together that we should pull a prank on her and get some rubber snakes for the next bus trip. LOL
Well low and behold I was in Dollar General store one day and they had 5 rubber snakes for a dollar each...................................................................
Well ya'll know me well enough by now to know I just couldn't resist!
SO next trip out we were on the road about an hr and the coach said let's stop here and eat. So I stopped and as everyone headed in I stopped the manager and told her I had a surprise for her. She looked in the bag I had under my seat and said "Your awful, just plain awful........I love you!"
So she got back on the bus and put several of them up over the coaches seat in the overhead parcel rack, one in the coaches brief case and a couple over under her stuff at her seat and said "we gonna have fun when coach t falls asleep after dinner!"

Well we got back on the road and wasn't long until the coach fell asleep.
 I just did what I do and drove on down the road. I never "caught" the manager doing it, but she wrapped 2 snakes around the parcel rack support hanging @ face level in front of the coach, and laid one in the empty seat beside her, and one on the back of the seat in front of her!

Well when we were getting off the ramp to go to the hotel I was startled by this blood curdling scream! (like I said I never saw the manger place them so I was sorta innocent!)
It really did startle me when she screamed and it showed the way I jerked the wheel and slammed on the brakes while looking back at her with huge shocked eyes!

OH coach T was furious and screaming at the whole team who she'd just woke up too!
That when she found out who did it they were gonna be sorry and if she didn't find out who did it the whole team was gonna run for an hr in the morning!
Well once the team figured out what happened they were laughing so hard it was impossible to believe that they knew nothing about it and the manager played it off so well  Roll Eyes that she was NEVER even a suspect ! (and of course neither was I as I was driving and shocked too!  Shocked )

Well the manager got the team together after the coach went to bed and told them it was me that supplied the snakes and her that had "placed" them and if they wanted her to she'd tell the coach the truth! The team tough it was so funny they said "no let her worry who/what it will be next time!"
In the morning after breakfast we left for "shoot-around an hr early so they could "run" before shooting hoops!
The coach was SO MAD NOBODY EVER RATTED or admitted too it that she threatened them if they lost the game they'd run an hr immediately after it and every day the next week before practice!
I got nervous me and the manager were gonna get ratted on then but the team captain stood out and said "If we win, you owe us 25 push ups, and we don't never get no more running about this!"
The coach thought long and hard and finally said "10 push-ups and it's OVER! As long as IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!"
I lost it and couldn't believe that the team or the coach agreed to these terns and the manager & I got off scot free! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: