Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 03:43:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A unquie conversion for the ones that wants to be different  (Read 4191 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 09:56:56 AM »

haha! Now it is starting to look more appealing  Cheesy

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »

BTW, there are other 'Highwayman' videos on Youtube which feature another, far more interesting truck:

This vehicle is clearly way in advance of what a low-budget TV series prop department could produce, so I did some Googling and find that it is based on a real vehicle called the 'Steinwinter', produced in Germany:

For some reason Google also threw-up this picture, which brings us back to the subject of buses (slightly):

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 05:06:41 PM »

Now see that was exzactly what I was saying Clifford could do with his helicopter! Adapt it onto the chassis and then once parked he could "fly away"!
Grin  BK  Grin

I still like the idea of his toy sicking out the back too! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »

I very seriously looked into buying a 53 foot trailer and semi tractor for conversion into an RV.  The unit I was looking at had already been retitled as a motorhome.  I traveled all the way from Minneapolis to Indiana to look at it.  The biggest reason I didn't do it was I couldn't get insurance.  There is no way I could ever get into an RV park, but I had no intention of ever going to an RV park anyhow.

The other issue was lack of space for travelers.  I have had up to 9 people in my bus.  A semi tractor would be lucky to seat more than 4 or 5 people if the bunk was removed.

I think the bus is a better option for me with the way I travel.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 09:24:02 PM »

No Joy, Bank will not loan on the Beast Angry

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print