Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 26, 2014, 06:21:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A unquie conversion for the ones that wants to be different  (Read 4172 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 09:56:56 AM »

haha! Now it is starting to look more appealing  Cheesy

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »

BTW, there are other 'Highwayman' videos on Youtube which feature another, far more interesting truck:

This vehicle is clearly way in advance of what a low-budget TV series prop department could produce, so I did some Googling and find that it is based on a real vehicle called the 'Steinwinter', produced in Germany:

For some reason Google also threw-up this picture, which brings us back to the subject of buses (slightly):

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 05:06:41 PM »

Now see that was exzactly what I was saying Clifford could do with his helicopter! Adapt it onto the chassis and then once parked he could "fly away"!
Grin  BK  Grin

I still like the idea of his toy sicking out the back too! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »

I very seriously looked into buying a 53 foot trailer and semi tractor for conversion into an RV.  The unit I was looking at had already been retitled as a motorhome.  I traveled all the way from Minneapolis to Indiana to look at it.  The biggest reason I didn't do it was I couldn't get insurance.  There is no way I could ever get into an RV park, but I had no intention of ever going to an RV park anyhow.

The other issue was lack of space for travelers.  I have had up to 9 people in my bus.  A semi tractor would be lucky to seat more than 4 or 5 people if the bunk was removed.

I think the bus is a better option for me with the way I travel.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 09:24:02 PM »

No Joy, Bank will not loan on the Beast Angry

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print