Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 08:19:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first outing...  (Read 4566 times)
busenthusiast

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 07:08:35 AM »

Hey John, I'm planning on stopping by some time to see you. It was good talking with ya the other day too. As far as MB at the end of the month, as I stated up in an earlier post, my job has recently taken a turn for the worse in the pay department due to a buyout by another company and the funds are kinda under a very watchful eye now. Hopefully next year I can make it to the Palmetto Cove rally and meet up with some of you guys.....and keep an eye out for a big green 4106 in your yard 'cause I'm liable to stop by any day....... Grin
rampeyboy

1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 10:06:07 AM »

Thanks for the invite John! I've been getting anxious for some new scenery. I may try to make a day trip upstate to the Palmetto Cove rally, and also to the MB Eagle rally just to see the other busses. My Scenic is years from being driven, so I will be bringing the family in our van. Like I said just looking for some easy day trips!

Boyce

Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227
busenthusiast

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »

Well I had a chance to check my fuel mileage again this weekend. The wife and I made a trip to Edisto Beach State Park. We had already planned and reserved for this trip before my recent job changes (see above posts).

I stopped by a truck stop on the way down and filled her up into the neck, to a point that I could use as a reference. I made sure I was level and then I noted my mileage. I also used a GPS unit to double check the mileage in case the speedometer was off. During the trip, we only used secondary roads through small towns and I rarely got over 55 mph. There weren't hardly any hills and I didn't really get caught by a lot of traffic lights.

On the way back, I stopped by the exact same truck stop and used the same pump to make sure I was comparing apples to apples. Anyway, when I did my calculations of miles traveled divided by gallons to reach my reference point, I was surprised to see that I was getting 11.45 mpg. Now just to swing to the conservative side of things, I'm gonna call it 10, but I did take my time both times while filling to ensure that the foam was completely settled and that I was seeing a true fuel level in the neck.

Bottom line, I'm happy.....thanks buswarrior, and others, for showing my the error of my ways...
rampeyboy

1954 Scenicruiser PD4501-227

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 05:31:09 PM »

wow Billy, that's great news! Gives me at least some questionable hope my Scenic may see 8mpg!

Boyce

Boyce Rampey
Columbia, SC
Scenicruiser 227
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »

A drive to my house would give you 6. That is a great number though.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 08:02:55 PM »

thats the mileage that my brothers 4106 gets as well.... on the freeway that is. way better than my 7.5 at best.

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
blank

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »

I been getting around 6 mpg in our S&S Bounder with a Cummins/Allison pusher. Bangin and rattlin and bouncin and boomin all the way. WHADYASAY, I DIDNT HEAR YOU!

I dont know what this MC5 is going to get, but even if its just 6 I win.

I ran down to Little Rock today to bring the Bounder home. I planned to keep it until the Bus was up and ready, but im thinking this was the last ride. It probably will never be worth a penny more than its worth right now. Saw $4.09 diesel today, that aint good.

RJ, I had a 1 ton dually Ford extra cab, and pulled a 35 foot 5th wheel. The ride was unbelievable, your constantly being jerked foreward and backward like in an old leaf spring sprung Semi Truck wi i ith a f f ful l l l   Loo oa a dd. One 300 mile trip and I was onto the Bounder. They can have those things. Nice when parked though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: