Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 01:18:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiator pipe grometts needed for MCI  (Read 705 times)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« on: September 15, 2006, 03:41:59 AM »

Hey Guys, I'm finishing up the re-do in my blower compartment and there are a few things I cant seem to find a part # for-
the 2 1/4" brass pipes that go from the top of the radiator through the blower compartment floor......theres a boot or grommett on each one secured with a hose clamp and then bolted to the floor......anyone know a # or source for these?
  The big drive belt that goes up to the mitre box had some type of rubber flap of sometype..I also need that....and lastly, there must have been at one time a panel that goes in the ceiling of the blower compartment, around the surge tank.....I'm missing that, so I can see right up into the cap when looking up....anyone got a foto of that panel and a suggestion of what to make one from? thanks as always. Chuck

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 04:41:46 AM »

I don't think there is a panel on the inside of the blower compartment at the top, only the bent cover on the top side, which is inside the coach on top or the step. See my photos at http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/MC9_WIP/Mechanical/Radiators_And_Blowers/radiators_and_blowers.htm for more detail.

The flap around the belt can be reproduced from thin rubber. Check out tractor supply store for belting or webbing material.

The grommets are basically just a piece of radiator pipe, split and wrapped around the pipe, secured with a clamp. http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/MC9_WIP/Mechanical/Radiators_And_Blowers/020608.05.upper_radiator_tube_positioning_grommet.right_side.JPG

craig
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:43:45 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 09:10:57 AM »

Hello Chuck.

For the flap to obstruct the belt space, just carve up a piece of old mud flap.

Lying around the side of a road near you!

Pieces of old rad hose may be used all over the place in the engine room to keep things from rubbing. Hose clamp or wire tie does a nice job.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: