Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 10:52:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's Ace  (Read 1721 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »

like the heading ?

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »

I'm still here Clifford! Been busy with my new hobby along with my regular job which is a good thing because thats what helps pay for my new hobby! Now if I didn't haver fiends like Nick Badame, I probably wouldnt need a job! Right Nick? LOL

Besides, Internet bullies have vacation time too you know! Its like a job, so many post, so many days off! Smiley

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:16:15 AM »

yep I got into go carts for awhile also, next for you are boats and helicopters lol

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 06:01:07 AM »

Racing karts is old for me since I did it for years. Last race for me was at Daytona when there were over 100 karts in my class and we ran for an hour flat on your back with a 100cc yamaha screaming at 14000 rpms right next to your ear. Lots of fun but Nuck has me intrigued wuth it again and I went and bought a 125cc 6 speed shifter kart. Its in the shop now having a make over and can't wait until its ready. I got a good deal on it but now I'm personalizing it to my liking! Working on getting a drivers suit, neck brace, rib protector, gloves and shoes then I will be ready to hit the corners! Was oyt at the track yesterday observing others and going back today to study the track! Its getting pretty serious to say the least. Oh and Susan told me not to forget the insurance policy! LOL

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Bill 340

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 06:19:03 AM »

NOW you will find out how age takes its toll. careful,  Time does not heal all wounds,

Bill & Brenda Phelan
Lakeland florida..........Host of the ARCADIA RALLY
trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 06:29:00 AM »

Time does not heal all wounds,

This is so true.  Sometimes you need screws, pins, and rods to heal those broken bones.   Grin Grin

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
MEverard

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »

Ace,

Have you ever seen an Outlaw Kart? If you need another hobby after the shifter Kart, an Outlaw can be a lot of fun. There is nothing like a Honda CR500 on an 1/8 mile dirt track.

Good Luck,
Mike

Mike Everard
1960 GMC PD4104-4520
Antioch, CA
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »

Ace,

I wish you every success.  Do you have anyone set up to take movies of your debut?  Anyone that will post for you.  I don't wish you even a scintilla of misfortune but I kept having this Steven Hawkins flash while reading your post. Grin  Good luck in thuis and everything else you do.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »

Guys, I appreciate all the well wishes etc. but I know what my limits are and I feel like I'm 38 not 58 and dont foresee any misfortunes although the potential of it is always there as in any sport. Even in football, every play of a game could mean disaster for any given player. Its not like I dont have some experience and going into it cold and green. I have done this for many years with my dad. He's gone, and i've been pretty bored lately so thanks to Nick, I suddenly got re-inspired. I think my dad is smiling pretty wide about this because he loved it as much as I did!
The fun part is trying to order certain pieces that color match from Italy.  You have to at least look good! LOL

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »

So Ace, When does the godady add come out. LOL 

Don
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »

Don it's funny you say that. The kart I got came with two of the best (so I've been told) motors on the planet. One on the kart in runs but is due for a re-build which is what it's getting now. The other motor 9in the box) just happen to belong to one of Danika Patrick's crew members that she too used to run to keep her talents honed, again so I'm told but the man that built them and maintained from Pa. since day 1 and told me the re-plating numbers and CC Numbers on them before I told him what they were, verified the whole story so he knew the motors well.
I know! It's reaching but there IS a slight connection and goes to prove, it's a smaller world than you think! Smiley

ps didn't think I was excited and in a hurry but after yesterday at the track observing and shopping today, I'm getting antsy!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:36:28 PM by Ace » Logged

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »

Hey Ace! Watsa matta! The Harley not low enough for ya? Cheesy

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »

No it's not fast enough! You know Harley's are chugger's and 2 stroker's are screamers!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
chart1

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »

Thats what I need. It would fit in the underneath bay of the bus and pull it out at the RV park to go visit neighbors.

1976 MCI 8
8v71/740auto
8" roof raise
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »

So the gas tank is between your legs? Shocked  Very interesting. Undecided

That is one fine looking machine.  No wonder you jumped in.

If I were to criticize you in any way it would be the pot calling the kettle black.  I rode the desert and Kalifornia "Outback" for many years.  Paid my dues also....ouch.

Good luck...keep the greasy side down and be especially watchful for those 14 year olds.  Those always got to me and had me in way over my head in a heartbeat.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: