Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 02:47:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WINDS OF MARCH  (Read 2306 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39:46 AM »

Once again I had the bus in the shop this weekend to continue my project of the remodeling of the interior. However  again I am bitten by the time change that seems to occur earlier and earlier every year. I must admit that the fall adjustment is more to my likening but the spring forward change does forebode a warmer climate on the horizon. I actually had planned on going to the horse races today but we had a freezing rain and light snow all day so I just headed to the warm shop and some relaxation. A good day. Hopefully they have enough money to feed the horses until next week when I show up to offer my assistance!  A great read again Don!!

Thanks Scott, I appreciate it.  A friend of mine in New Mexico sent me an email that his "trees were having sex and that he had sneezed about 512 times that day" that is spring for you.  It is starting to warm up and things are getting better down here, but you are still north of us, and have to wait a little while eh?

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »

Very nice read indeed!!  So well written I put some flame in the 6v92 today.  Just went for a ride and ler her roll.  Thank you boxcarok

Now that's the ticket!  I am not capable of writing thought provoking technical articles and all that jazz and believe me, I am "low maint." definitely not high tech.  But I sincerely believe that these machines we maintain and own, are designed with one purpose and that is to be used.  Contrary to popular opinion, they were not born to be relic's that sit around the shop and collect dust and the trash of man. 

I take mine out, as the story suggested, once a month for a short jaunt and my wrench turner (Mechanic) agrees with me that it is a good idea.  Albeit, not a cheap idea anymore, but I think it does some beneficial good, not only for the bus but for the operator.

Thank you for your reply,

BCO

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: