Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 02:57:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shipping a bus from CA to TX  (Read 3320 times)
blank

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 07:06:35 PM »

If you want the best price, you should be naming your price. A ruthless, and godless, $%^$# would offer $1325 to start.... happy coaching!
buswarrior

This is the best advice. If you calculate thier fuel cost, plus some additional for labor, for someone out there its going to be much better than running empty. Its like fishing, if you have the time.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 07:23:16 PM »

The guy has a problem no one wants to follow behind another shop if he found someone that will, pay the hauling to Texas I am in AZ and not about to offer lol

good luck
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:48:33 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 08:42:37 PM »

Ben I PM'ed the contact info for Coeby Brown Trucking.   Virgil from Pedco has a son who used to have a real low trailer and haul buses, you might try calling Pedco in LA to get his number.  Also, Combined Transport out of Central Point, OR has a fleet of RGN trailers and has given me attractive rates in the past.  Hope this helps.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 08:46:56 PM »

Ben, what a mess.  I assume you followed up on the leads folks gave you for shops in the CA area to work on your bus.  As I recall, the mounting work is done.  I can't believe you could not find a good shop to finish the job.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »

OK first off if the bus is in Victorville I can assure you that loading it shouldn't be a problem.
Many many dump trucks and heavy equipment running around that area. Wouldn't take much to build a ramp to back a drop deck too.
Worst case scenario hire a Landoll to come to the bus and load it onto the drop deck.
Then if no ramp available @ destination do the same.

Don't give up on Uship you'll get more replies! Many trucks are on there way to CA right now for Mon AM deliveries. About the middle toward the end of the week the drivers will start getting restless and be willing to haul just about anything to get headed home! (I've been there done that!)

And I suspect you'll find someone to haul it for you for $2000-$2700 like you want.

And as Clifford and others say a Landoll is the best way but also more expensive too!

I would also check around and see if there is a local company in the area your bringing it too that will give you a reasonable rate. They like to have "guaranteed" back hauls!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 07:03:48 AM »

This might be a stupid question but here goes.  What will it take to get it rolling and be able to drive it to Texas?

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 07:54:21 AM »

Ben, I now see why you want to get the bus to TX per your thread below:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=18921.0

Sounds like a great shop!

Clifford mentioned a member of Eagle's International that is in the trucking business and has a trailer that might work.  I talked to William yesterday and he is running pretty heavy in terms of work load right now.  I do have his number if  you need it.  Call me at 303 four seven eight 3501.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Pixelhead

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

Ellen at Gold Star Transport quoted me $2600 and should be able to pick it up in less than a week.

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 08:23:07 PM »

Ellen at Gold Star Transport quoted me $2600 and should be able to pick it up in less than a week.

See now we're talking just be sure everyone is on the same page on how it's going to be loaded/unloaded and who pays for it and all should be good!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: