Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 05:00:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement radiator for MC-5c with 6V71  (Read 900 times)
Craig R

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2006, 02:34:45 PM »

I have a 1979 MC5C with a DD 6V71 that is said to have originally been part of Greyhound’s Saudi contract. I was recently informed by a technician making repairs to the left radiator that the right radiator was in poor condition and should be replaced. I wish to enquire as to whether anyone might know the whereabouts of such a radiator – or a core in good condition (as I am told the tanks are quite serviceable). I wish also to locate a surge tank – or just the sight glass from one – for this same vehicle.

Thanks in advance!
Craig R
<2reeds@ charter.net>
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 09:36:16 AM »

Take it to any commercial radiator shop.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Craig R

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »

I guess that I can't take it to just any commercial radiator shop, Tom. The technician mentioned in the original post was at a commercial radiator shop! Wink
Craig R 
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »

Denver radiator fixed me up fine. Used the old tanks and made new cores. They didn't do a staggered row, (which I would rather have), but used dimpled tubes and a dirrerent fin design that is supposed to be better. I also had them make me a new surge/expanasion tank and was happy with their work. They used all the external pieces, (mounting tabs, hose fittings, purge nipple, etc...), and made a new tank with the pieces put back on. I think any semi truck/bus/industrial radiator shop could do the same. Of course with the price of copper these days it's a no vasiline situation. (if you know what I mean)
Don & Sheila
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: