Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 07:29:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fried my Xantrex inverter today  (Read 12335 times)
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »

Update

I just brought my inverter in and took a look at it. I just pulled the vented end cover off just to look inside. "IT'S COOKED"
On the bright side.. The manufactured date is SEP 24 2009, and the warranty is suppose to be 2yrs.

Now on the not soooo bright side.. I went on line and the Xantrex site said; They will not warranty unless I have the receipt. This inverter was purchased by the PO and he is no longer with us.  Now what? Should I raise a stink? Or just walk away, buy a different brand and talk bad about this one?

You all have been great help!
Thanks,

Gary

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »

Do you have a printer hooked up to your puter?  Wink LOL

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 03:07:49 PM »

Quote from: Lin
Hopefully, my Trace 2512 continues to hold up.  If it ever needed service, I am sure Zantrex would not support it.  By comparison, if you have a problem with an old, discontinued Vanner product, they would still try to help.

Lin,
Don't bet yer bottom $ on VANNER helping! All our older model Setra's came with factory Vanner inverters equalizers! All have failed at one point or another and I have to this day only been told "Oh that unit has been out of production for so long we have no way of supporting it! But I'd be happy to connect you to someone in sales to assist you in buying a modern replacement model!"
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 03:22:06 PM »

Raise a stink. They can't kill ya and eat ya. The worst they can do is say no. If they say no, go buy one from some one else. I don't see how it could be much worse...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »

I would tell them to check the production date in their system.  The serial number is probably linked to a production date.  I don't see why they should need a receipt if it is less than two years since the production date.

The warranty specifically says the warranty transfers to subsequent owners.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »

BK,

I didn't mean that they would necessarily be able to solve the problem, but I have spoken to Vanner's tech support about problems with old items when they did try to help.  I have on old, discontinued Vanner 24v battery charger and they offered to troubleshoot it if sent to them-- not free of course.  They also tried to give me suggestions to diagnose it myself.  I question whether Zantrex tech support, if I could ever speak to them, would be familiar with my SW2512. 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 08:46:38 PM »

Gary,

You NEED to search your paper work form the previous owner.  The receipt you need is in there somewhere.  It will be from the retailer closest to the address of the PO.  That shop will provide a copy of the receipt that YOU got when you purchased the unit yourself.  Now God forbid you be mistaken and they, Zantrex,  produce a copy of another receipt for that purchase but then they would have the receipt they say they need....right.  I will go a long way towards getting a warranty repair on an item they sold with a guarantee that it would last a certain period and it doesn't.  Rest assured that they  have casually backed out of repairing a item cause the person entitled to the repair didn't say "Mother may I?" or whatever.  Zantrex has such a pee poor rep for customer service that good people I know will no longer carry the things or recommend them.  Sad.  Take care of you my Knut friend.  Vendors often will not take care of you and "often" is enuf to get an attitude and determined.

John

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 08:53:12 PM »

I'm at a loss right now, and not very happy with Xantrex. This inverter is just over two years old and only has one summer on it. Warranty is only good for 2yrs.

Any help would be great help!!
Thanks

Gary

Were I you I would call this # 941-748-1941 THIS IS A Xantrex auth service center in Bradenton FL, their service tech is the BEST I have found. talk to him,he will give you good advice.

FYI Trace owners: he was perturbed that I had disposed of my old SW2512 (22 years in service) he can definately save an SW.

Xantrex gave me a very sweet deal on a  Freedom 458 (Marine)3000W/12V
They have/had a loyal customer discount in 2007-2008, not sure if they still do.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:59:45 PM by eagle19952 » Logged

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »

You NEED to search your paper work form the previous owner.  The receipt you need is in there somewhere.  It will be from the retailer closest to the address of the PO.  That shop will provide a copy of the receipt that YOU got when you purchased the unit yourself.

Thanks John,
I have been racking my brain (what's left of it) all day trying to figure out where he bought it. By the manufactured date, That would put him someware between my house in Alaska with 300# of halibut and Idaho before he passed. He passed in Idaho just after he got home, So my guess is, he had a problem with the old inverter and had to buy a new one sometime after he left my house.

I really appreciate the thought my fellow nut!

Thanks,
Gary

8V92 turbo 740 auto
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »

Were I you I would call this # 941-748-1941 THIS IS A Xantrex auth service center in Bradenton FL, their service tech is the BEST I have found. talk to him,he will give you good advice.

Thanks for the info, I'll give them a call in the morning and see what he has to say.

Gary

8V92 turbo 740 auto
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 03:00:26 AM »

the product's manufacturing date is more than enough info for them to honor warrantee.  Call them up and raise hell if they say it isn't.  What could be better proof of age than their own manufacturing sticker.

Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »

Update

I just got done talking to Xantrex and the Xantrex dealer in Florida. It sounds like it could be 2 days old and wouldn't be warrantied without recpit. The Xantrex dealer in Florida said he is the best repairman and the prosine 3.0 is not rebuildable.

I usually don't do this but, STAY AWAY FROM XANTREX!!!
I even told the Xantrex rep that I was going to post their service all over the net. He didn't care...

Thanks for all the help
Gary

8V92 turbo 740 auto
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »

I've been watching Xantrex for many years.
At one time they had service that was unparalleled.

Then it seems the bean counters and lawyers got into the act and they started buying up all the other inverter manufacturers. Heart, Trace, Sima, etc.
Since that time, the service and warranty work they offer has been almost non-existent.

They are out to do nothing more than sell as many units as possible, and then default. In my own prejudiced opinion, I would never recommend buying any of the Xantrex products.

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 10:39:50 AM »

If it were me I would call Dick Wright at Wrico in Eugene.  He will have all the right answers and if it comes to it he handles the Magnum.  No sales tax in Oregon either.  He's the man.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »

Update

I just got done talking to Xantrex and the Xantrex dealer in Florida. It sounds like it could be 2 days old and wouldn't be warrantied without recpit. The Xantrex dealer in Florida said he is the best repairman and the prosine 3.0 is not rebuildable.

Every authorized Xantrex service center I called said they cannot repair the Prosine 3.0.  They said they need to be fixed by Xantrex.  Two years ago Xantrex was not fixing them out of warranty.

I would find out where Xantrex is headquartered and call the attorney general's office in that state.  I would also call Xantrex's executive office.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: