Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 08:39:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid new definition  (Read 4126 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2011, 10:50:51 AM »

Stupid is the s&s guy who just left campground with slides out on both sides! I offered to help and he said he only had 50 miles to go. and more of less kiss off!  Dumb--his reward from me was a call to Florida State patrol giving his route info. Officer called about 20 minutes later. Guy had sideswiped a semi.No injuries thank the one above... The point of this post is don't do dumb things to save a few minutes to repair.or probably save a quart of auto trans fluid.   Be safe and use your common sense.  and beware of S&S guys(not all) most bus guys wouldn't have done that.    My vent for today.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »

Just when I thought I had heard everything  Roll Eyes Shocked Huh

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:26:25 AM »

I saw a bus guy with his design on a slideout go around a mountain curve in Idaho he forgot to lock his slide and it landed in the Payett River along with sofa tore the whole side from his bus,S&S people are not the only dummies.
 I have also seen bus people tear their leveling jacks off by forgetting to lift the jacks you will be surprised at what happens to bus people lol been there done that trees are hell on antennas and roof airs on buses   

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 12:07:47 PM »

Like no one here has ever started to pull out with their electrical cord still plugged in.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
blank

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »

Like no one here has ever started to pull out with their electrical cord still plugged in.

Hey, I ripped a 3 inch gash in my access door forgetting to pull the plug. You play long enough your bound to screw up sooner or later. But a cord or forgetting the antenna up is one thing, leaving a slide out is another. And leaving it out, how could he use his mirrors? Thats not a dumb mistake, that is total and complete careless negligence.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »

I agree Art! I left an antenna up and yup a tree claimed it, but I did that out of forgetfulness........ not on purpose! There is a difference between being stupid and being forgetfull

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »

I'll tell you a good one a friend of mine I won't name him but he is on this board  he forgot to turn the power off to his slide on a Prevost and his 6 year old grandson ran the slide out with out him knowing it in the rear bedroom and he hit a canopy at a truck stop  and part of the canopy fell on his bus I felt bad for him but we both had to laugh a little when he told me what had happen
By far the dumbest thing I have seen is the guy hitting the parking garage at Phoenix Air Port he was looking at it and hit it away tore the bus up bad now that was stupid trying to drive a 13 ft tall bus into a 9 ft tall parking area with warning signs for a mile

good luck
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:34:33 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »

Though this resulted in no bent metal, I read where a guy called out to his wife in the back of the RV and said, "honey I'm stopping for coffee."  No answer came, and he pulled over and she wasn't there.  He realized he left her at the last truck stop 200 miles back Shocked Shocked Shocked

That actually may be worse than a ripped off air conditioner.  Yikes.

David
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »

Though this resulted in no bent metal, I read where a guy called out to his wife in the back of the RV and said, "honey I'm stopping for coffee."  No answer came, and he pulled over and she wasn't there.  He realized he left her at the last truck stop 200 miles back Shocked Shocked Shocked

That actually may be worse than a ripped off air conditioner.  Yikes.

David

I guess the question would be 'Did he drive back?" Grin

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »

Funny you should mention this slide incident.
As I was coming through Knoxville yesterday a teacher on my bus asked what is wrong with that driver of that RV up there? Does someone need to call 911 about his driving?

I looked ahead and sure enough there was a S & S w/toad weaving and jerking along in the middle lane (I was in the fast lane) as we passed him I noticed that part of the jerking was that his tow bar kept going in & out on one side where it wasn't locked in good & the car was jerking the back of the RV side to side.
But as I got farther up along side of him I was horrified to see that his slide was held in with 3-4 black rubber bungy straps and was coming out 12-18" each time it jerked! Also there was a door with vents in it (like for a hot water heater or furnace, too small to be generator) sliding in & out with nothing holding it at all!

I just shook my head in disbelief and hurried on past him while telling her "yes someone should call in on him" and gave her our location and direction of travel!

I have no clue as to whether or not he got stopped or not, but he scared the crap out of me!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »

The worst is trying to look cool when you're leaving and forgetting to put down the TV antenna-don't ask why I know that!  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
brando4905

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 05:26:32 AM »

Way more than once I have not locked the door handle, took that first left hand turn...... Angry Shocked

1980 GMC H8H-649  8V71/V730 Marion,NC

"The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense" -Dylan
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 05:49:40 AM »

I have worked at the MN State Fair RV parking lot exit every year since 2000.  I probably told a dozen people a year that their antenna was up, step was out, or their fold out handrail was out as they were leaving.  I even had one wth the door to the trailer still open!  No slides left out yet.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 06:01:28 AM »

That reminds me of the story that may or not be true but given how lacking common sense we are nowadays I wouldn't doubt it. Someone was taking his brand new motorhome out for the first time. He was going the the road and set the cruise control and got out of his seat and went back to eat something. The motorhome was destroyed and it's unknown how the driver came out of it.
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 06:06:53 AM »

That's why I say that much of the time, warning lables are a waster of ink and paper. For instance, if you are stupid enough to stick your fingers in a snowblower or lawnmower discharge chute while the engine is running, chances are you can't read anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: