Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 02:10:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Prevost  (Read 7230 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »

Joe, my friend at Arrow told me you could order Prevost with straight axle till 1999 on both models,he has ten 2009 H-45 and still having front end problems with those he buying the Setra buses now he seems to think it is the best bus on the road 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 09:05:44 AM »

Beardog -

In your search, don't rule out conversions of an MCI coach.

Anything done on a 102C3, D, or J model chassis would fit your bill.

Clifford -

I'd agree with your friend at Arrow:  Setra's are a fantastic coach, considered the "BMW" of the industry from a driver's perspective, as well as top tier fit and finish with luxurious interiors.  Just ask BK!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
RJ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 03:22:48 PM »

Beardog -

I made mention not to overlook conversions on an MCI chassis.

In surfing Criagslist today, look what I found:

http://daytona.craigslist.org/rvs/2230195186.html

This coach was done by Marathon - the current "Big Boy" of the conversion industry.

Might well be worth taking a closer look at - you might even get it for 2/3s his asking price since the market's in the toilet right now.

FWIW & HTH. . .

RJ

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 08:42:25 PM »

only to find a little old 35-foot GMC 4104 parked happily among the giant Redwoods. . .

.....or a 4106.

I am a big fan of the 35' length. You have your own bathroom, bedroom, food, privacy, etc. wherever you are.

There is a 35' Prevost on Ebay. See the link on the next post.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »

On Ebay:

1980 Prevost 35ft LeMirage

This was a new shell conversion by Royal, in Elkhart, Indiana.  
Included from the factory with the base package are the following options:
6V92T Detroit Diesel
Detroit Allison 740D transmission
Powertec 15KW Honda diesel powered power plant (new)
Coach has all of the built-in kitchen amenities available
Low millage tires

This coach was appraised by Bill Kipp of National Indoor RV Center in Louisville, TX  on 6/11/2010 for a retail value of $75,000.00 - $80,000.00. For millage or other required information please use the contact information below.

For more information please call 940-781-0550 or email at bubbataylor0550@sbcglobal.net (Bubba is my dog)
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns, I will be glad to address them.
Please use the email address in this description to contact me.  The "ask the seller a question" link at the top of the listing goes to my son's email account.

Selling coach due to health.
Please, no dealers or brokers, principals only.

blank

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »

I am a big fan of the 35' length.

I sold myself on 35' max length the first time I got into a place it was hard to get out of. A few feet longer and it would have been 10 times more difficult. Add the extra tires you dont need and you have a win win situation.

But at $149K, and considering they would take much less, that Bus above that RJ posted is just WOW. I realy dont want the Mrs to see that one.
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 04:30:35 AM »

Here is a Marathon on a prevo chassis 3 years newer 30 grand less than the MCI.

I do not think the high mialage should scare anyone here.

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/1997prevostmarathonXLVfor_salePanterraCoach.htm

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Beardog

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 07:09:08 AM »

I'm chasing my tail looking at all these buses (but having lots of fun)!

Yeah, I saw that 35 footer on Ebay. I would be fine with a shorter bus, but we have a 41 footer right now, and my wife won't go shorter than a 40, and really wants a 45. She drives it as much as I do, perhaps more,  so I can't argue with her much. I play bluegrass banjo, so anytime we are at a festival, I am out and about, and she lives in the bus...Not worth arguing with the boss.....

Is anybody familiar with this bus, or know the owner? It is listed with a broker, and he was going to get in touch with the owner for me, but I haven't heard anything yet. I am going to be in the same town later this week, and would sure like to look at it:

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4553176.htm
RJ

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 08:27:09 AM »

Bear-

There is one line, down in "the fine print," where it says that the coach is started once a week.

Big red flag for me!

Diesels do not warm up when idling.  If this thing is fired up and left to idle, then shut down, the engine's gonna be full of gunk.  I don't care if it's a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke.

Now, if it said that the coach was started and driven once a week, that's a whole lot better.

Better to just let the thing sit with the batteries disconnected (cables taken off the terminals) than to do what this owner apparently does.

Good example of someone with a whole lot of dollars but not enough sense.

But look at it anyway, it might be a really nice coach otherwise.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »

Dan won't take 75 grand for it I tried lol that is a Feather Lite Conversion done in Pryor OK with a Vantre name same company done at the old Vogue factory in Pryor he will never get 199,000 

Life is short drink the good wine first
Dirtball

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »

Sent you a pm. I worked with a guy who has bought , sold, and converted Bus Conversions for the past 25 years Full Time. He lives and breathes these things. There are no reasonable prices in April 2010 for 300-400k bus conversion, forget the prices you see on P.cooper/Pr.Stuff , you can steal half the buses for sale out there for way cheaper than you think. You just need guidance selecting the proper bus for you and your family. Bad news is,  your RV ain't worth much either . If your bus can live at your house and not some storage place you'll get more use. I'll go grocery shopping in mine  using the refrig as my cooler. Keep it running , work all the systems regularly. It will last longer and be easier to keep current than your RV or this forum wouldn't exist.

1996 MCI DL3 Custom Coach conversion
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »

I can't see anyone opting for a shorter bus for the few times they may encounter an occasional problem parking. I sure wish mine was a 102x45. But then again I don't live or care to travel where you are limited on room!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 09:10:30 PM »

How one uses their bus determines how big is comfortable. We only use our bus for family vacations and very little time is spent inside. We also want the bus to be as close to what we are doing as possible. If we were doing the FT thing with a toad, w/o children, then I would be more inclined to opt for a bigger bus. There is no "one size fits all". It's good to have so many different experiences to learn from.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:43:09 AM by Barn Owl » Logged

Beardog

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 03:50:36 AM »

My schedule has been horrible the last few weeks, but we are hoping to check out a bus or two this weekend. Thanks again to all who have reached me privately. The advice is much needed!
Dirtball

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »

The H3 you pointed out above is the perfect example of one of the great bargains out there.  You will have repairs to do from it sitting. Tires are the easiest. Buy it for 150k. 50k would replace Detroit, Allison, Genny at worse case scenario which would be rare but not unheard of. I met a couple owners with Vantares that complained of electrical gremlins. test every switch and device. The fewer electric window shades etc. the better. Take a bus mechanic. Take your time.   I like H3's bay height. Note overhead clearance- depending on what's on the roof and where ,they can be tall.

1996 MCI DL3 Custom Coach conversion
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: