Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 05:55:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you people doing for bicycle transport?  (Read 2053 times)
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 06:43:38 AM »

Here are my pictures.  Unfortunately, you cannot see the square tubes in the first picture.  It's too dark.  I have lots of substantial steel under and behind that DOT bumper.  It's not a stainless Eagle blade, but it has its practical advantages.

I can carry up to 3 bikes on the rack.  I bungee tie the bikes to my mirror posts.

David
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:47:15 AM by David Anderson » Logged
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 08:36:55 AM »

I made my own rack out of square tubing.  I mounted 2 square tubes under my front bumper, each half of the rack slides into the tubes with a pin.  The bikes hang upside down by the wheels and I bungy cord tie them to the rack and my mirror posts.  I have cheap bikes.  I'd be upset if stolen but not a great financial loss.  They do get wet and have a bit of rust, but I oil them up from time to time.  The worse they look the less likely to be stolen.
David

David,

Been thinking about making a similar rack. Looking forward to stealing looking at your idea.

I have the same attitude about the bikes, buy cheap ones and don't worry about them.

If I ever need a really good one I will just head up to the Carolina's... Wink   Scott, your my hero... Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: