Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 02:42:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dorothy Sullivan 1923-2011  (Read 16327 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »

Mike,

I stand with everyone else here and offer my condolences. You are an exceptional person to do what you have done. At one time I was able to volunteer at a nursing home and was very saddened by seeing abandoned parents that were forgotten. The fact that you honored your mother the way you have will not be forgotten by God. I know your reunion with her and your other loved ones will be wonderful.

May God make your burdens bearable and your memories sweet during this separation.

Laryn

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
K234039

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »

Mike
Sorry to hear this.
Richard Olson
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »

Hi Mike,

Our condolences for your loss.

May you gain the strength to carry on her legacy, and her beliefs.

You need time. Time to heal and gather thoughts.

Most important, she will never leave your heart and she will guide you in tough times.

God Bless
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Kevin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »

Mike, so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Rejoice in knowing that she is no longer suffering and is now in a better place. Paradise, I like to think! Smiley Please take care of yourself and your family.

Kevin

"To the gov!!!"
Songman

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »

Mike,
I want you to know how much this saddens me. I feel very fortunate to have known your mother and to witness firsthand the bond that the two of you had. I told you once before that it was obvious to me how much you meant to her. I could see in her face the love she had for you and the realization of what you were doing for her. I am glad that you took the time to keep me informed over the last few weeks and I did keep both of you in my prayers. As I told you yesterday, we find comfort in knowing that those who leave us are in a better place but it still leaves and empty place in our hearts when they go. You have many friends here who have been praying for both of you through all of this and will continue to offer up prayers for you as you continue on this journey. Thank you for being my friend and letting me know that special lady.
Dale

1992 Prevost XL-45
Nashville, TN
blank

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »

I can relate to some extent, my Dad has been living with me over 20 years, and getting a Bus is probably as a big a deal for him as for me. But he was born in 1922, so you can imagine its getting harder. I can only begin to imagine the grief you feel, and my heart goes out to you. But as others have mentioned, you gave her back a lot, and thats something to be damn proud of in this day. Happy trails friend.
MikeH

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 11:21:12 PM »

Mike,

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in the love of God and the memories you made with your mother. Our prayers continue to be with you as you mourn your loss.

God bless you,
Mike H.

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 02:53:27 AM »

Mike, I'm saddened to hear of this news, but at the same time filled with joy. Your Mom is now free from the pain and suffering of this world. We'll continue our prayers for you and your grieving loss.

Becky and Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2011, 06:36:21 AM »

Mike,

Never met you, however we have this unfortunate passing in common. My mother, FIL, & MIL all in the last five years.

May the sense of loss & despair be more than balanced by the unconditional love I am sure you & mother shared. For you to care for her as you did is all one person can do, I am sure you did so as no other person on earth could have.

Condolences with tears in my eyes,

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Rick59-4104

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 07:03:01 AM »

Mike,
 So sorry to hear of your loss....

Rick

NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander
LarryN 4106

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 07:03:25 AM »

Mike, my condolences on the loss of your Mom. I lost mine last year and not a day goes by that I do not think of her. My job now is to "be there" for my Dad, who lost his life-soul mate at the same time I lost my Mom. At her funeral, the family gave the minister of her church, some anecdotes and I submitted this: In the movie Forest Gump, there is a sequence when Forest and Bubba are in Vietnam, and it is night, and it is pouring rain, and Bubba says "Forest, just lean against me and I will lean against you, and we can sleep sitting up without layin' in the mud (or something like that)". That was my folks, leaning against each other to get thru this life. It sounds like you were the good son, taking care of her during her last years and days. I am sorry for your loss.
letz4wheel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 08:55:52 AM »

Hey thats the lady that stole my tea  Grin I had the pleasure of meeting Mike and Dorothy and was witness to the bond and love they shared. That said I know this will be the hardest thing Mike has ever done. Carry on Mike and rest in peace Mrs Dorothy!

Doug

'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71
PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 09:33:51 AM »

Mike,

I was with my Mom when she died. I pray that we all share the gift that you gave her in passing, and that is: Feeling at home. Hopefully you can move through this and feel a lot closer to those around you who love and cherish you, just and you did your mother. Then her gift to you of unconditional love really will take on permanent meaning. My prayers are with you and the rest of the group who will be able to be down there with you.

Doug 

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 09:58:36 AM »

Mike... So sorry to hear about your loss.. Your mother was so fortunate to have had a son like you that would do for her as you have.. I admire the loyalty, respect, and love that you not only had for her but showed for her everyday in the way that you took care of her through these last few years when she needed you the most. Not a whole lot of sons would have stepped up to the plate as you have. Just remember that she is in a better place and that you will see her again..

Jimmy

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »

Mike,

Mike, I hope that all of the caring condolences posted here help to bolster your strength to work through this loss in your own right way and in your own right time.

When I read so much about Dorothy's generous love, I'm certain that she would want her son to be able to treasure the times that have passed, in a way that helps him to build strength to carry-on through this dark hour in order to meet a brighter day. Mike, that's what Mother would want, and it'll be an honor to her for you to muster the strength to follow through.

Ted
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:13:48 AM by TedsBUSted » Logged

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially Ď04 or Ď06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: