Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 06:16:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: very simple gasket question.......  (Read 592 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »

I have a gasket for my new aux drive pulley off the back of my engine (6-71).   The gasket has a a thin strip of orange rubber sealant on one side going from bolt hole to bolt hole but  not surrounding the bolt holes.   I have spoken with another 4104 owner who had an aux drive and he had a little oil leaking from it.  In an effort to get it done once and right  I'm wondering if I should add more liquid gasket, and also wether the  strip of orange sealant should be on the engine side or pulley side.  Part of me just wants to add liquid gasket to both side and be done with it, but I know in certain applications this can make things worse.  I'm dreaming of slowly sealing this old engine up (actually is pretty tight IMHO) so any info welcome.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:49:45 AM »

Pat use ultra seal gray on both sides it will be there forever, and fwiw most DD gaskets that have that is for reinforcement not a sealant

good luck
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:58:42 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 01:50:24 PM »

Thanks. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: