Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 03:23:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED info proved absolutely correct.....  (Read 866 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2006, 03:50:10 PM »

So, I wish to extend my thanks to both BoogietheCat and Gumpy for their offerings.

I tested the LED tail and turn signal lamps I purchased from the e outfit (knowing that Ohm's Law would prevail) but the explanations of these two gentlemen made my testing a whole lot easier.

So, when we show up in Timmonsville next month we'll be safety protected with the new lamps on the rear of our bus.  Sometime this winter we'll tackle the fronts but thought I'd take this opportunity to thank these two for their in depth research and finding a way to convey the results to the lesser able of us.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 07:23:38 PM »

Bob, while you're in 'Ohm's Law" mode, would you figger what size resistor(s) it would take to operate an 1157 12V automotive tail light bulb with 24V. Take two for each bulb...running light filament and the brake light filament. I don't remember how to do this...if I had the formula...maybe..
I spent several hours the other day driving from parts store to ....trying to fnd 24V bulbs. No find. NAPA can get them, but not until next week. My bus doesn't use any 24V tail light bulbs...all the rear lights appear to be "sealed beam" thingies. The brake light may not be...but the turn and tail lights are definitely sealed beams. ...or sealed lights. The whole light pops out and a new one pushes in. Keeps the lenses looking new! Quick to change if the little plug cooperates.
Thanks in advance! JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 08:20:08 PM »

JR,

Ohms Law:

e=IXR
I=E/R
R=E/I

chargePlus

1951 GMC PD4103-125

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »

JR,

Ohms Law:

e=IXR
I=E/R
R=E/I

The way I learned in in college a few years ago, with the circle drawn out as in Dallas' post, cover up what you are looking to find and the remaining two will be in the proper orientation of either a division or multiplication equation.

- John

Sports Car Lover and Bus Nut
1951 GMC PD4103-125 http://www.euliss-uftring.org/DaBus
Sports Car Club of America http://www.ncrscca.com/
Mazda Sports Car Club of NC http://www.msccnc.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: