Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 12:32:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WVO fuel issue  (Read 3404 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »

can't find info on SV200

can they handle a 6v92ta spill rate (return fuel) of 62 GPH at 50-70 psi  (full load/max rpms for a 6v92ta)
The only people I know that carry them is greasecar.com. They claim the valves are good to go on a commrcial vehicles.  I don't know for sure.  It is difficult to say the least to find high flow valves without spending a lot of coin trying the different ones.  I sent an email to divinerightstrip who has had some dealings with greasecar.  I have asked her report back on any information she has discovered about the sv200 valves.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »

Sounds like you got a handle on it Wayne, Lol I just threw that out there. My check valve( 89-15) is where the line comes in thru the bulk head. Wink

Thank you van!  From what I understand there should be a check valve for fuel from the tank to the motor and an orifice/ valve for return which keeps a steady pressure on the fuel system.  I suspect that orifice in on top of the engine block right in front of the blower where the return fuel line comes out and returns to the tank.

Am I way off or no.

www.snakebreaker.com
norules

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 09:12:01 PM »

because your runing the same fuel in both tanks

just disconnect the return line 3 way solenoid valve WIRES (so that it cann't be energized - bet the engine will run fine

MY GUESS - you taped WVO into the return line AFTER the restrictor - so you can't get enough fuel pressure to the injectors when your in WVO mode (return and supply solenoids activated)  

P.S. the restrictor is usually about a .080 orifice on a 6V92TA IIRC

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:16:47 PM by norules » Logged
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 04:45:22 AM »

Where is the .080 orifice located on the motor?

www.snakebreaker.com
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 05:17:23 AM »

Wayne, my restrictor fitting is located on the rear of the left head, looks like a 90 brass elbow. Clifford surprised me! Shocked, I thought for sure he'd choose Burger King lol! Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Jerry W Campbell

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 08:01:15 AM »

Hi Wal
This is how I set mine up. I am running a 6-71. I split the diesel line and put in two high flow valves and one on the return line. I am sucking thru two heat exchangers and a Racor 1000 with a pad heater. I have a vacuum gauge on the Racor and it hasn't changed in two thousand miles. I have heard that Detroits pass a lot of fuel. I've heard that two valves are necessary. I've never had any problems.
Jerry
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:42 AM »

I wouldn't worry to much about the restriction orifice I ran the high capacity fuel  pump on my 8v92 without a orifice never was a problem but I didn't use the french fry fuel either.
 I was after the cooler fuel return to make a little more power and you need the heat the way I read it on the WVO sites   

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 08:17:05 AM »

Hi Wal
This is how I set mine up. I am running a 6-71. I split the diesel line and put in two high flow valves and one on the return line. I am sucking thru two heat exchangers and a Racor 1000 with a pad heater. I have a vacuum gauge on the Racor and it hasn't changed in two thousand miles. I have heard that Detroits pass a lot of fuel. I've heard that two valves are necessary. I've never had any problems.
Jerry
Here is my system:  Large 100 gallon WVO tank pump feeds a small 20 gallon fuel tank.  The 20 gallon has 12 feet of coiled stainless steel tubing with engine block water flowing through it.  From the small tank the fuel line goes through a large heat exchanger heated with engine block water.  Then the fuel goes through the filter and back into a 16 flat plate heat eschanger heated with block water.  Then into the valve and into the motor.  The fuel definately gets hot.  You can't keep your hand on anyone of the components when it is operating at normal temperature.
I am calling greasecar here in a minute to order their high flow valve the SV200.  If that doesn't give enough fuel then I will order another and flow the fuel through both the OMAR valves and use the Greasecar for return.  I am going to have them overnite the valve so I can attempt to get the system back together before the rally this weekend.  It would be nice to get there on grease, first time to run on grease.  I am also going to install a ball valve in the hot water line so I can shut it off if in the event I need to run straight regular diesel through thwvo system.

www.snakebreaker.com
Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »

Here's a thought, When I first tried my system I had the same issue, lack of power when I switched to veg. I figured out my issue as being the way the fuel delivery system was set up to suck fuel through one filter and push through the other so I set mine up to push fuel through both.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 10:32:10 AM »

Hello Charlie, I used a 6 foot piece of 1/2 inch fuel line and bypassed everything including the filter.  I went from tank to the valve, same problem.  It has got to be a restriction in the flow rate at the valve.  I can't think of anything else it would be.

www.snakebreaker.com
blank

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 11:03:07 AM »

Having never been anywhere near a grease car, I have to ask, do they smell like the oil they burn, or still just a diesel smell? There have been lot of comments over the years about smelling like frech fries etc., just curious.

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 11:20:38 AM »

Having never been anywhere near a grease car, I have to ask, do they smell like the oil they burn, or still just a diesel smell? There have been lot of comments over the years about smelling like frech fries etc., just curious.

They smell just like what was cooked in the oil prior to being used as a fuel.  It is funny to see peoples reaction when they get a good whiff of the pipes.  One of my contacts is a pakistanny restaurant.  They cook with some differnet spices than we typically use here in the US.  There is a definate curry twinge in the air when I am driving on that oil.

This is after it has been processed into biodiesel.  I have yet to run straight unprocessed oil so I would imagine it would smell even more like the restaurant food be it unprocessed.

www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

Update on the conversion.  I called Greasecar.com and ordered the SV200 valves.  They swear by all that is holy these valves will afford enough flow to run the motor.  If not I will have to go whoop somebody!! They were $300 and some change.  This should do it.  I had them sent 3 day air and ordered them early enough this morning to get them out the door today, so I should get them Thursday.  If not for sure Friday.

Lets seenow, work until midnight installing the new valves.  Test drive.  Wake up and head to Rally in Franklin, Texas on Saturday.  Keep your fingers crossed.

www.snakebreaker.com
Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »

Good luck, hope all works out well & hope that Grease car is not the same guy that runs one of the forums that never sends out parts.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 05:07:21 PM »

Well thank you Charlie d. I hope they are reputable as well.  I think I heard if the guy your talking about.  I don't beloved greasecar is the one.  Divinerightstrip knows the greasecar people and says they are good folks.

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: