Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 24, 2014, 01:30:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REI Brake Supply  (Read 2762 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2011, 08:29:14 AM »

Has anyone done buisness with REI Brake Supply? I ordered some parts from them and have no luck dealing with them. Will not call me back, and they have told me a least 5 times they would. Not sure whats up with them.  Thanks Tom

Tom Yaegle
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:43:51 AM »

Tom,

There was a discussion on them at the end of this Topic:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=19264.msg212123#msg212123

Opinions seems to be a mixed bag from No problem to Wont buy from them again.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »

Yup, that would be my issue.  Tongue
The rebuilt AC I bought is not working correctly. I did call them and talked to JR a couple times and he tried to help over the phone but never any luck in them calling me back. My guess is that they lay that off on to you.
He also made a "half hearted" comment that he might be able to "pull something out of his hat" to get me an AC before this weekend so I wouldn't miss a trip but................. I guess his hat is only big eneough for his head.
If it's here tomorrow (monday) and it works, I'll have decent words for them. Anyone can have an issue. If not, well.......................

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:13:47 AM »

I had a good experience with them and have recommended them before.  I am sorry to here that they are not keeping up on their customer service.  I not have doubts about them and feel bad about having sent anyone to them.  I guess people, and therefore the businesses they run, can change.  I am very interested to see how they make Chaz's issue right.

Tom,  Maybe telling him that you are a member of this board and that, since he has gotten referrals from here in the past based on quality and customer service, it would be a shame to lose that reputation.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:16:51 AM by Lin » Logged

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 08:04:47 AM »

Chaz,

Whatever happened with this issue?

Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »

Hey Lin,
  I was going to wait and start a new thread on this. But to give you an idea, I just cancelled my credit card for the purchase. Had to. I have some VERY explicit words for the whole bag of defecation but am going to hold off till it's all over and done with. That way people can get the whole story at once.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please believe me when I say I hold no grudges for you and all those who try to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quite the contrary!!! I hold you and ALL in quite high esteem!! If it wasn't for this board and ALL the great members there would be no way on God's green earth that I could realize having my "bus dream". Period.

Everyone does the best they can to help out and it's up to the individual to make the best decision they can. Without that input there would be no way to make a decision nearly as well.

So what happened does suck and I will do a thread in the near future about all this after they find out they are not getting paid. We'll see what they do then. I'll go into more detail then.
Thanx Lin. I mean that!
 Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 12:40:37 PM »

Chaz, Sorry to hear of your problems. I placed an order for parts. Waited a week and a half, called to see if it had shipped. Yes it did. A few days later I called again and another haft dozen times. Many promises to call me back, never did. I never have heard back and never will go back. AVOID!!!!!   REI Rebuilders.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »

Thanx Tom,
  When I do post my next thread on the subject, I will try NOT to get it removed, BUT, I am wondering what I can actually say and not have a moderator censor me?? The straight poop needs to be told on no uncertain terms. It's what we do for friends and family, is it not?? I owe you guys a GREAT deal and want to do my best to keep anyone else from having this issue.
My concern is that I put out all the info (which takes me a LOT of time as I can not type) and then have a moderator pull it. Needless to say, that hurts. Maybe one of the moderators can chime in here and let me know. (??)  Roll Eyes
Chaz

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 02:37:15 PM »

I think that a rant or vague badmouthing would be subject to review, but it's hard to see why a simple, calm recounting of the experience would be objectionable   

Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 03:08:36 PM »

Thats what I was thinking. But I'm going to have a hard time holding a civil tongue. I will just have to get a little more creative!!  Grin Grin Grin I can do that.  Wink
  Chaz

Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 04:40:17 PM »

I purchased an AD-9 brake dryer from REI a couple years ago.

It arrived (late) and was missing the bracket mount kit. Luckily I was able to locate a bracket kit locally, and the mechanic could install it.
It took several unreturned phone calls before I finally got to speak with JR. He eventually sent the bracket kit (too late).

On a positive note, the AD-9 works as it should; no problems with the device.

This is my only experience with REI.

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 11:27:52 AM »

Hey Guys,
 Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end for this saga. I told you I would report when I knew more and it has taken this long for the Credit card company to do something besides giving me the run around. I have done letter after letter and phone call after phone call to get to this point. All I can say is apparently "if you pay peanuts, ya get monkeys".
Finally, a wonderful lady with some good common sense decided to just give REI a call while I while I was on the phone. I got to talk to JR and altho he TRIED to dance and spin, he could not. He said he was sending out a new compressor today. I actually think he might this time. (Everything was recorded.) But he has flat out lied before.
  So..... hopefully in a few days I will get the AC and get it put on and see how it works. After all these months of fussing over this I pray it works this time. I will keep ya posted.

Bottom line... Never EVER buy anything from REI rebuilders out of Bridgeview IL. (basically Chicago, I think)
I hope I have not over stepped any boundaries with this post but I am trying very, very, VERY hard to be civil. I was actually vibrating earlier I was so mad.
Hopefully, this thread will save someone some grief in the future.

Chaz

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 12:27:22 PM »

Chaz, You were very civil in posting. I'm sure you were still vibrating though.  Grin It's important to report these bad circumstances to help keep us from doing the same. It's the name calling and bad language that get nixed...You did good! Wink

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »

About 2 years ago I ordered two rear brake chambers for my MC5. I got them but it's sort of unique on the '5' that there are lefts and rights. spoke with RJ and got it straightened out but it took longer than promised. I am still running the Tu-Flo compressor which  I bought from them andit's workring fine.

Thanks for the caveat.....

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 03:00:17 PM »

Caution don't confuse with Brake Supply in Evansville Indiana. Is A go to place for drive line parts and brake things in our area 24 hr mostly allot heavier than our needs but have some quality parts for us. Have made up drive shafts for me and hoses on Sunday. All my leveling valves etc for the prevost rebuild came from them.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: