Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 08:13:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black tank vent  (Read 12153 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2011, 07:25:12 AM »

John,
  You've been a busy boy.

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2011, 09:21:35 AM »

John, you need another pot of coffee!  Grin Grin Grin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »

The use of those formaldehyde based tank additives are illegal in California.  They're fussy about what gets back into the water table.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:16:16 AM by Lin » Logged

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2011, 10:37:27 AM »

Ace,

Then my mission was, in fact, a success. Huh Grin

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2011, 11:11:37 AM »

John, you need a life.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »

Talkin about shootin the $%^&!  That is better than a tennis match. Grin

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »

John, you need a life.

JC

What?  No happy face?   Huh Grin Grin Grin

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2011, 01:23:18 PM »

All I could think of is what combination of libations could cause someone to devote an evening to that amount of scribing!  I thought a  cocktail of maybe some Red Bull, a little too much Jalapeno juice, maybe a dearth of Ex-lax chocolate milkshake , and a little absinthe...

Shocked Grin Grin Grin

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2011, 02:21:04 PM »

You're right John... where's the  Smiley??

Sarcasim is fun but it's hard to tell the intent in the written word. As opposed to "Master", it can also very easily be the "Wit of the Entitled A$$----". It depends on what they mean by "Master".  Grin   Masters can tend to be a bit on the arrogent side. (Case in point........ well, I better not go there. Could open a whole 'nother can of squirmies"  Grin Grin Grin Grin)

You also made basically the same point here along the same lines:
"One of the problems with colloquialisms such as "y'all" is that they are both plural and singular and to tell the difference you have to have the speaker in sight.  A fixed gaze or finger point means singular while a sweeping gesture or sweeping glance means plural."
It's just hard to put true meaning into the written word unless you are a great literary figure............ much like yourself!!   Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy

Wow, I'm amazed at the legs this thread has grown!!  Shocked Shocked  But fun!!  Grin
 Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »

Brian,

Maybe you have put your finger on it.....I am not capable of drinking.  It makes me deathly sick.  I am one of the type two diabetics that doesn't even need the "warning".  Perhaps a glass of Scotch would make a diff...I'll never know.  Likewise milkshakes are a no-no, Exlax laced or otherwise, (can we say that in mixed company?) but thanks for the  possible explaination.

Everyone finds their own amusement in their own way and like any liquid....we find our own level....  Loved the happy faces at the end.  (JC, Take note)

Now lets get this back "on topic" and back to Black tanks and VENTS.   Roll Eyes Grin

Thanks,

John

—Pla
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2011, 02:38:40 PM »

So, is everyone through venting about black tanks?

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »

Any thoughts on plumbing the vent it into the air box,or will my engine get the runs?  Tongue Grin Figure if it smelled bad I could stuff some air fresheners in there too Shocked Grin

Black tank 101 Grin
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:58:59 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »

To be honest, when I read the lengthy post, i kind of thought Gary  (money pit) was posting under another login. Just saying!   Grin Grin

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »

So, is everyone through venting about black tanks?

Now that is sarcastic wit. Wink

Thank you Len.

Apparently not, however.  Ace still wants to talk about me and someone named "Money Pit".   Go figure!  Once "off topic"... forever OFF topic.  Gotta luv'em, tho.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:54:06 PM by JohnEd » Logged

—Pla
blank

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2011, 12:34:20 AM »

Any thoughts on plumbing the vent it into the air box,or will my engine get the runs?  Tongue Grin Figure if it smelled bad I could stuff some air fresheners in there too Shocked Grin

Black tank 101 Grin

Se we go from plain diesel exhaust smell with the regular guys, to peanuts and french fry essence in the WVO Bus, to parfum de toilet?

I can see it now, Compost Bus drive. Just fill up the bays with manuer tanks and run the by-product (gas) into the engine. Talk about green energy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: