Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 05:44:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary filter ???  (Read 799 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:32:30 PM »

HEllo people,  I have a question about the primary filters on the bus but will enend up helping the Excursion.

I am looking for the same primary filter and spin on filter housing that is on the bus.  I am currently modifying my 7.3 power stroke Ford Excursion.  I am essentially taking the idiotic filter screens int he tank off of the pick up tube and going back in with all stainless.  I have had trouble with the cheap plastic boot on the pick up tube and I am tired of it.  So with the replacement "All Stainless" parts in the tank I should never have to remove the tank again. 

Now I need a filter since there will be none in the tank.  I want to add the same filter that is on my bus to the excursion between the tank and the lift pump.  It has to be the primary as fuel will be sucked through it.  I figured the one on the bus is large and I can use the same filter.

Problem is?  Where do you buy the spin on primary filter housings and filters? Houston area.  Will drive a long way because I want to fix this once and for all.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »

Napa will have it Wayne around 40 bucks or if you are out around Market and McCarthy  Chalks Truck Parts will be a little cheaper or if you are lazy order it from www.dieselpro.com  

good luck
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:52:02 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »

Thank you Clifford I was hoping you were on the air tonight.  I have a napa around the corner.

I called Chalks earlier and they said they only carry transmission parts.  I thought it odd.

www.snakebreaker.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »

Wayne here is the DD #5148023,I knew Chalks has been buying up Allison dealer in Dallas and in the Midwest but never thought he would ever go out of truck parts business that outfit was there when I was kid my dad bought parts from there and I would drive from Greens Bayou to pick parts up

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 04:30:09 AM »

Yes Sir that part number in a search on Diesel pro and the part popped right up.  That is exactly the part I am looking for.  Thank you Clifford.  Now I can print that page, go to Napa and show them what I want.

Part stores are not what they used to be.  I asked for a compression fitting the other day at the parts store.  God bless that poor boy is all I can say.  He asked if I was checking the compression on my engine and what did I need that for.

www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:05 AM »

Update!!!  This is semi bus related as it pertains to a Detroit Diesel filter head.  My Excursion was having major problems.  Found out it was the tube screens in the pick up tube were completely blocked.  I did a modification to get rid of all screens in the pick up tube and place a pre pump filter on the frame before the lift pump.  This serves two purposes.  It saves the pump and saves the expensive $30 filter in the engine.  I decided to use a Detroit diesel filter head so it is the same in the bus.  Mods are done works great and runs like a spotted ape again.  I found the filter head at Stewart and Stevenson off I-10 and 610 loop in Houston.  Cost $48.
Here is one of the tube screens that has plagued the truck for so long.

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: