Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 07:29:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a beautiful "almost new" leather RV sofa for the Eagle  (Read 6949 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 07:15:36 AM »

He will be headed your way he is planning on stopping and spend the night on the lake by your house lol you can have the Villa couch that came from the bus I paid 4000 to have it made in 1995 needs to be redone 6 1/2 ft long sleeper with storage space pickup only has the high quality foam not like the rv stuff nice sofa makes out  flat no valleys to sink into lol 14 yards of material you are in business

good luck
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:24:09 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 07:29:02 AM »

Wow! Thank you Clifford Smiley. I was just kidding (you know me Wink). We look forward to seeing  Matt and Carolee, and hope to see you soon as well.

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 07:38:31 AM »

" i would of done the Christan  thing and given him the $100  heck it's a $2500  couch."
Heck, with that line of thinking you should have given him $2500. He probably could have used it.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »

...  I would of done the Christan  thing and given him the $100  heck it's a $2500  couch.

If I gave somebody a price, even if I made a mistake, I would stick with the deal.  If you want to bring Christianity into it, then "let your yes be yes and your no be no.  Someone's word should be their bond.  They did do the right thing by selling me the couch for the quoted price, even if it was by mistake.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 08:55:30 AM »

just looks like he thought he was selling at $500 and gave discount to $400
 i would of done the Christan  thing and given him the $100  heck it's a $2500  couch.

Actually, it was worth exactly $300.00.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 09:16:24 AM »

This is my own opinion.
I believe that the guy should have honored the 300 dollar deal without any fuss. Now with that said I would have not posted any of that on this board. This post has nothing to do with buses and has all to to with complaning about some guy that sold a couch. I would have like to hear the positive about you getting a new couch and getting a good deal, but instead you choose to flame the guy.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »

Well I thought it was an interesting story.  The lesson... Make sure you actually say out loud the dollar amount agreed upon to eliminate any chance of a mixup.    
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:36:51 PM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »

Good story Marc Wink Keep em' comin'. I for one thought it was a pretty positive that you did get a new sofa, and the lesson learned, is that given adversity( a grumpy wife) some folks( the seller) will still do what is right, good for Marc, and a harty thumbs up for the sellers wife. Integrity, still a good concept.  Wink still waiting for some pix though. Kiss
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:18:22 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »

Good story Marc Wink Keep em' comin'. I for one thought it was a pretty positive that you did get a new sofa, and the lesson learned, is that given adversity( a grumpy wife) some folks( the seller) will still do what is right, good for Marc, and a harty thumbs up for the sellers wife. Integrity, still a good concept.  Wink still waiting for some pix though. Kiss

Nobody gives me nuthin' except a hard time.  They just high-jack my strings and take them where I don't want them to go ..... Waaaaaaaa-Wah, (insert unhappy smiley face here) Waaaaaaaa-Wha.

I don't have any pictures of my couch Van, but I do have a couple of my "Trailer Project."

Yeah, I know, not bus related.  May need a truck with a V-8 ... Whadya think?

BCO

blank

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »

I don't have any pictures of my couch Van, but I do have a couple of my "Trailer Project."[/center]

BCO

You plannin to load that up with WVO and haul it to Alaska?

Nice couch Marc, thanks for sharing.
blank

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 02:58:40 PM »

I would have like to hear the positive about you getting a new couch and getting a good deal, but instead you choose to flame the guy.

John

The responsibility falls entirely on the seller, and he knew it. As for sharing it, its a good lesson to share. When you give someone a price, make darn sure your clear on which ad your dealing with.

Marc did the right thing by making a stand, and the seller did the right thing by honoring his word. So it all worked out.
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »

Let's see now... $300 for the couch, fuel both ways, Mark's time for a whole day, engine wear, tire wear, etc. etc.... Looks like a $2500 deal to me. Wink

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 6V92TA Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »

I don't have any pictures of my couch Van, but I do have a couple of my "Trailer Project."[/center]

BCO

You plannin to load that up with WVO and haul it to Alaska?

Nice couch Marc, thanks for sharing.

Nope.  Still paying full price like most everyone else, just take it in the shorts and move on.  Haven't lost anything that I know of in Alaska as far as I know.

When I built my bus, I took four chairs and a couch to the upholstery shop and had them re-done.  The job done to my satisfaction came in almost five weeks past the appointed finish date, we sat down and talked about it, and the owner forgave just about what Marc paid for his single couch.  He took $325 off the final bill for inconveniencing me and not meeting the agreed upon date.

Point? 

"Everything is negotiable"

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »

Marc treated the guy better than I would have it's just me but 300 bucks is to much for a 5 year old couch used or not, and probably is made of ultra/leather and time takes a toll on that material as well as wear.
I don't see anything wrong in the deal myself except the woman getting PO and that is her fault not Marc's and his wife

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 05:14:23 PM »

The Christian thing for desi to do is quit stirring the pot. Give it a rest. The majority of your comments are really not contributing to anything other than making yourself feel like your opinion is important. Forgive me for expressing my opinion but I can honestly say I have learned absolutely nothing from any of your posts.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: