Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 09:04:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a beautiful "almost new" leather RV sofa for the Eagle  (Read 6815 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »

Nothing else going on here Scott that hasn't been beat to death 3 or more times kinda of different to me lol,even Don has stopped posting his Okie humor where art thou Don 

good luck
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:40:53 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 07:56:04 PM »

I just go to Don's website and catch up from time to time. Some pretty good stuff on occasion what with him being an Okie and all!! Cheesy Wink Grin Even got a nice picture of some women in bikini's that I saved around here somewheres!! Grin

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 04:16:29 AM »

Nothing else going on here Scott that hasn't been beat to death 3 or more times kinda of different to me lol,even Don has stopped posting his Okie humor where art thou Don

good luck

Hey Clifford?  That your bus on Van's string?  Nice looking Eagle, I wanted to build me a nice looking Eagle, but all I ended up with was a Chicken Hawk ..... Oh well, you win a few and lose a few ... And some of them mothers (like last week) they just burn to the ground.

A woman goes to the doctor all black and blue ...

Doctor: "What happened?"

Woman: "Doctor, I don't know what to do. Every time my husband comes home drunk he beats me to a pulp."

Doctor: "I have a real good remedy for that. When your husband comes home drunk,  just take a glass of sweet tea and start swishing it around in your mouth but don't swallow.  Just keep swishing and swishing until he goes to bed in his drunken stupor."

Two weeks later the woman comes back to the doctor looking fresh and reborn.

Woman:  "Doctor, that was a brilliant idea. Every time my husband came home drunk,  I swished with sweet tea. I swished and swished, and he didn't touch me!"

Doctor:  "I'm not really surprised.  You see how much keeping your mouth shut helps?"

(I am running silent and deep these days Clifford.)

BCO
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:31:46 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 04:19:15 AM »

I just go to Don's website and catch up from time to time. Some pretty good stuff on occasion what with him being an Okie and all!! Cheesy Wink Grin Even got a nice picture of some women in bikini's that I saved around here somewheres!! Grin

The late New York Times columnist William Safire was fond of likening column writing to standing under a windmill:  No sooner did you feel relief that you had ducked a blade then you looked up and saw a new one coming down.  Kind of the same deal here, you never know what is coming next or when it is going to hit you. 

Some people can survive on a lifestyle like that, but I cannot. 

Writing something over here, often it pushes me to have a stronger opinion than I would actually have, or contrive an opinion about subjects you do not care all that much about.  Which often I find, will allow me to run roughshod over nuance to reach an unambiguous conclusion.  Believe it or not, a writer can get sick of his own voice, at least “some of us can.” 

And then there are the technical geeks who simply cannot get enough of it.  Which I find suffocating and personally mind-numbing.  But then again, I never had my science project done on time all thru High School.

The Bikini post (http://boxcarokie.com/2008/07/26/bikinis-the-reason-men-are-pigs/), was just little something I put up, that has collected a lot of attention from time to time.  Last time I looked it had 27,435 views and has proved to be a regular gold mine of hits for the site.  For some reason it gets attention most every day.  If you want hits, just tag something with “Bikini” and it will bring them in from out of the cold and every dark corner of the Internet, strange eh?

BCO

thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 08:10:01 AM »

just looks like he thought he was selling at $500 and gave discount to $400
 i would of done the Christan  thing and given him the $100  heck it's a $2500  couch.

Actually, it was worth exactly $300.00.

I totally agree with you Len,

"List price" is a fantasy, especially on a used item.  It only offers a clue as to the quality.  I thought $300 was a fair price for what it was.  And I knew I would have more in it than that with the drive, but that's my problem.  Something is only worth what you can get for it, and he said I was the only one who even responded to the ad.

By the way, I'm selling a 1992 Chevy Gladiator Conversion Van... It was $26,000 new but I'll take $1,500 for it!!!   Grin

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 08:47:18 AM »

That is it in a nut shell Marc you paid what you thought was a good price and really should not be a concern to anybody but you but I am still having a problem with a couch in a Newmar worth 2500 bucks even at list price lol all I have been around have the Flexsteel furniture ?

good luck
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:07:23 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »

The value of anything is what a willing seller and a willing buyer agree that it is.  Either party could have said no.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »

That is it in a nut shell Marc you paid what you thought was a good price and really should not be a concern to anybody but you but I am still having a problem with a couch in a Newmar worth 2500 bucks even at list price lol all I have been around have the Flexsteel furniture ?

good luck

I can think of at least 2500 things I would rather spend $2,500 on than a brand new couch.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
chart1

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 09:26:36 AM »

i.m.h.o i really think it was dirty pool to take the extra $100 if you had already agreed on the $500 price as the man did not know you had seen the $400 price and thought he was selling at $400, i would of given him back the $100.

Maybe you should send the 100 to the guy so you feel better about it. Deal is a deal.

1976 MCI 8
8v71/740auto
8" roof raise
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »

I think there has been a misunderstanding over what the deal was that we struck... The deal was for $300...  And that's what I paid.  He tried to change the deal to $400 because he "thought" I was calling about the $500 ad...  I was not!  I called on the $400 ad and over the phone, without me asking him to, (and before I drove 14 hours round trip and spent $150 in gas), he offered to knock off another $100, making it $300.  Done deal at $300.

In fact, if anybody owes anybody anything, he and his wife owe us an apology for being so needlessly curt and rude after they figured out that it was his own fault for agreeing to take off more than they meant to.  

We burned $150 in gas and spent 14 hours on the road Saturday based on getting the couch for $300.  I give them credit for keeping the deal he made me, but it was his responsibility to keep that deal!  Anything short of that would have been extremely dirty.

Nuff said about this deal.  Anybody with a contrary opinion will never convince me in 1000 years.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:02:17 AM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 09:47:01 AM »

Marc, I think you made it very clear what the deal was, and you did the right thing.  Don't even waste any more time trying to justify yourself, some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about or someone to point a finger at.  A deal is a deal, and you didn't take advantage of anyone.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 09:55:20 AM »

Marc, I think you made it very clear what the deal was, and you did the right thing.  Don't even waste any more time trying to justify yourself, some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about or someone to point a finger at.  A deal is a deal, and you didn't take advantage of anyone.

I am learning what to post and what NOT to post on this board.  You are right, a lot of people just want to throw opinions out to stir the pot. I don't have time for that kind of foolishness.

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »

That has me curious as to what make my coach is. Now I'll have to check. It is a fold out rv type. The driver's and shot gun seats are Flexsteel. I was actually impressed with how comfortable they are.

thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »

That has me curious as to what make my coach is. Now I'll have to check. It is a fold out rv type. The driver's and shot gun seats are Flexsteel. I was actually impressed with how comfortable they are.

Scott, check the back of it to see if there is a tag.

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »

Couch...... not coach! Cheesy I'll check it out Marc.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: