Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 05:20:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a beautiful "almost new" leather RV sofa for the Eagle  (Read 6941 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 10:13:19 AM »

The one I bought says "Villa"

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:43 AM »

That is a 2500 dollar couch all hand made those are not massed produced like Flexsteel you got a buy buddy if it is in good shape,fwiw I did find out Newmar uses Villa Furniture in their 45 ft Essex model a 800,000 rv never been in a Essex  

good luck
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:27:13 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
blank

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2011, 10:47:32 AM »

I am learning what to post and what NOT to post on this board.  You are right, a lot of people just want to throw opinions out to stir the pot. I don't have time for that kind of foolishness.

If we all stopped posting things because it might offend someone, the board would rapidly become silent as a tomb. I hope that never happens here, because it would be a shame. Keep posting what you want and let the opinions find their own level.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »

Villa makes some of the finest RV and yacht furniture around.

http://www.villainternational.com/index.htm

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »

Cool.  Nice to know it's good quality.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 11:03:55 AM »

When I done my Eagle everything was Villa even the drivers electric seat,the couch was a special build as per my wife cost the hell out of me for that one but the rest wasn't cheap either lol

good luck
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:20:53 PM by luvrbus » Logged

thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »

I am learning what to post and what NOT to post on this board.  You are right, a lot of people just want to throw opinions out to stir the pot. I don't have time for that kind of foolishness.

If we all stopped posting things because it might offend someone, the board would rapidly become silent as a tomb. I hope that never happens here, because it would be a shame. Keep posting what you want and let the opinions find their own level.

I have no problem with opinions, but to take an opposing stance with the motive of causing controversy is kind of pathetic to me.  I suspect that is what is happening with some people.  That is the kind of thing I was talking about.  I have known plenty of people like that.  Their opinion is the opposite of yours, whatever yours is.  You can see the trends with some people.

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »

A friend of mine lost his job of 18 years two years ago, he was writing and editing at his local newspaper.  Now he is living the effects of the recession while a lot of us are just observing it from the sidelines.  We take vacations involving airplanes and hotels; drive our old buses thousands of miles to visit the same old people and eat finger food.  

He travels on miles and house-swap.  

We dine out in restaurants for convenience as much as pleasure.  His meals are generally things that other people buy for him.  You most likely would not turn around and go back home if you forgot a coupon for the grocery store.  He does.  

Barter?  He does it all the time.  He lives in a world where everyone knows that this month the $5 foot long sandwich is at Subway and his wife only enters Macy’s when it is not a one-day sale.

Meanwhile, we all sit around and devote page after page to argue over a lousy $300 couch.  

What’s wrong with this picture?

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »

Boy oh boy could I respond to that one Don but I won't sure someone here will   

good luck

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »

I have no problem with opinions, but to take an opposing stance with the motive of causing controversy is kind of pathetic to me.  I suspect that is what is happening with some people.  That is the kind of thing I was talking about.  I have known plenty of people like that.  Their opinion is the opposite of yours, whatever yours is.  You can see the trends with some people.

If and when this thread goes OT, I'll comment on that.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »

Mark;  Is it in yet?...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »

Marc,

I just scanned the thread. Sounds like you got a great buy. Don't worry about the others, that were fussing at you. You kept your end of the deal, he was grumping about his.

Good find!

I hope it fits well.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »

Time to get positive!!! Grin Grin Grin

The couch is in!!!!!  Usually when you hear the phrase, "not an inch to spare" it is a figure of speech... Well in this case, there was literally not an inch to spare!  LOL.

It made me nervous when the frame got so close to the upper cabinets, but it went in without any damage.  Of course I had to take the armrests off and the bottom drawer out.  It fits and looks great!  We are very pleased with it.  Have a look...

And here's how it fits into the scheme of things...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:23:22 PM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »

Finally the pics! Nice! shoulda gave em an extra $200.00 Tongue
  SURVEEEYY SAYS?  SCORE! Matches your interior Perfectly! Wink Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:22:53 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2011, 04:25:01 PM »

Finally the pics! Nice! shoulda gave em an extra $200.00 Tongue

You're a funny guy!!!   Grin  Thanks.  We're real happy with it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: