Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 04:27:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: table-bed drawings anyone ? please ......  (Read 818 times)
vaunter

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:48:27 PM »

hi i have searched for days and found nothing at all
yes ive tryed google and yahoo and different sites...but i souldnt search my way out of a opened room ;(

im wanting to build a kitchen table that converts to a bed
i can draw 1 out and build it  but didnt want to hafto re invent the wheel
and was hoping to avoid any unforseen pitfalls of doing it blindly

so please if anyone has some picks or drawings or links so i can look them over and continue building in my bus , i would be very greatfull

thank you
Ace

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 02:09:11 PM »

Vaunter sorry I can't help you much with measurements because I built mine as I went. I started with 4 equall sides and built a bo(cks) <Sorry no ecks key> between a pair of them that would be used as a bench seat on one side and the top (the part you sit on) opened for more storage underneath. Susan made the seat cushions and the back cushions for each. I then had a friend make a laminated table top and installed that on a table post from Camping world. You could remove the post, lower the table to sit down on the edge of the seats and the cushions made up the mattress! You can make it whatever size you want, but keep in mind that the larger you want the final bed size to be, the larger the table has to be. Ours seated four tightly but two very comfortable. Before I anchored the benches, we each sat opposite one another and came up with the distance we liked and made it from there!

Here is a picture but not sure you can tell much from it. It was in our Eagle but you can just see the side that I made four of!

HTH

Ace
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 05:30:52 PM »

I made my own dinette also.  The starting demenions are 78" long by 42" wide.  Then when made into a bed, either two children or one adult will be comfortable.  If I remember correctly the two base cushions were 24" wide with the upper cushion resting on top that was 15" each.  The table is 30" to go down in between the seats.  So what you end up with is two 24" base cushions on 3/4" plywood base, two 15" back cushions (no wood) and a 30" table.  I used 5" foam that was the best quality and very firm.  It has been slept in by various family members and myself, and is comfortable.

Also made my own sofa that makes into a 80" x 60" queen bed.  The base is 30" mounted on plywood that slides out into the isle, and the back is two 15" cushions folded and attached to make the 30" filler.  I used 6" foam on this since both my wife and I like very firm, not marshmellow.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
kwood

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 11:10:45 PM »

My wife built the ones from the measurements in Dave Galey's Bus Converters Bible.  The came out quite well.  She purchased the cushions on ebay from a lady that made them inexpensively.  They are nice too.

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: