Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 10:28:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You KNOW you want this.....  (Read 1833 times)
opus

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »

http://montana.craigslist.org/bfs/2305387098.html

1995 BB All-American - A Transformation.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »

There's a whole fleet of articulated buses for sale here:

http://www.usedcoachsales.co.uk/coach.ihtml?coach=880

Unlikely to be much good for our purposes though.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:54:50 PM »

"You KNOW you want this"

Actually I had no idea...Thanks for enlightening me...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:01:06 PM »

Why would an articulating man only need 1 witch?   Is this some strange extra-marital activity practiced in Missoula during Spring fertility rites?

I wonder what license he has to drive them . . .

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:00:11 AM »

???You need a license to drive in Montana?Huh

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:35:13 AM »

I went to a bus auction in Napa, CA and they had an articulating bus out of San Francisco. There was only one bid on it-- one dollar.  Nobody else wanted it. 

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:22:23 AM »

He used one to go to, and tailgate at the University of Montana football games.  With spelling so bad, did they really allow him on the campus?  I sure hope he isn't a graduate. 

If I recall from that era, Chicago and Seattle had fleets of M.A.N. Articulateds - underfloor mid-engine.  I seem to remember that no transit systems were really happy with them, even when they were new.  Now, they would be real orphan coaches. 

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:36:30 AM »

Why would an articulating man only need 1 witch?  (snip)

Yeah, and I was wondering if he was having trouble finding that diesol feul in the Yellow Pages out there.

(And @ Arthur - exactly ...)

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:58:07 AM »

There is a difference between arti buses.  The ones with the engine in the rear are considered one piece and are illegal to drive since they are over 45ft.  This bus has the engine in the front section and is considered a bus pulling a trailer-hence comes under the truck/trailer length laws-which for example in California is 65ft.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
blank

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:14:42 AM »

I went to a bus auction in Napa, CA and they had an articulating bus out of San Francisco. There was only one bid on it-- one dollar.  Nobody else wanted it. 

Minnesota MTC bought about 500 of those IIRC. As did every other big city state, and mostly with Fed tax dollars. Most have been scrapped or are rotting out at the New Brighton arsenal along with the 100's of other junk buses they ran into the ground and are waiting to auction off. Out of sight, out of mind. We bought over a dozen from MTC for between $1 and $25. Some still ran.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »

Some of the Mann coaches that ran in Seattle had rear steering designed to eliminate curb hits on corners. Instead they often hit the car in the next lane. Good times for all...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »

TomC while you are correct on the way they are classified many of the states do not allow the "Class A" buses so while they may be legal in length they are still illegal in those states because of the "trailer" issue!
Big CATCH 22 here gotta be sure it's legal where you intend to be, and hope you can get it there without getting caught doing it!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 03:03:24 PM »

Top Gear found a way of disposing of a couple of old articulated buses:

Top Gear Top Moments (Racing Challenge Pt 3 London Bus Racing).wmv

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: