Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 09:34:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle fuel gauge  (Read 1056 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:19:36 AM »

Alright fellas, off of one project and on to another.  Fuel gauge in the bus works but it is squirly.  It flutters around and does its own thing.  It is certainly not an accurate devise I would bet on.  So how about we kick it around a little and figure out my best way to approach fixing it.  The front end of the fuel tank sticks into the rear bay.  It is covered galvesnized sheets that are screwed together like duct work.  I know the tank is in there I just don't know to get to it other than crawl in that bay and remove the sheets, exposing the tank.

Is the sending unit accesible this way?

What are some common problems making the gauge act the way it is acting?

Common ways to fix it?

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:34:05 AM »

There is a acess door above the sender on the passeners side a small  hatch unless yours is like the rest of the converted Eagles somebody covered it then you have problems Wayne the unit is about 18 inches long lol and most of the time it just needs a good cleaning

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:16 AM »

(snip)  most of the time it just needs a good cleaning   good luck

Hey, Clifford, is the problem usually the sender and not the gauge itself?   Thanks.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:15:08 AM »

You can access it by pulling the RH bogie wheel but if it needs to be pulled out you need the hatch removed.  Maybe a broken wire or need cleaning, keep your fingers crossed.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:36:54 AM »

There is a acess door above the sender on the passeners side a small  hatch unless yours is like the rest of the converted Eagles somebody covered it then you have problems Wayne the unit is about 18 inches long lol and most of the time it just needs a good cleaning

good luck

Well Luvrbus I knew you would have an answer but somehow this one and only time I didn't want it.  As you guess the access hole is covered by the hardwood flooring in the bathroom.

Is the sending unit towards the front of the tank, middle or towards the rear of the tank?

www.snakebreaker.com
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:39 AM »

[Well Luvrbus I knew you would have an answer but somehow this one and only time I didn't want it.  As you guess the access hole is covered by the hardwood flooring in the bathroom.

Is the sending unit towards the front of the tank, middle or towards the rear of the tank?
[/quote]
Ouch, hardwood floor, no access.  It's been a while since I've been under mine, but it is near the center.  

David
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »

[Well Luvrbus I knew you would have an answer but somehow this one and only time I didn't want it.  As you guess the access hole is covered by the hardwood flooring in the bathroom.

Ouch, hardwood floor, no access.  It's been a while since I've been under mine, but it is near the center.  

David
[/quote]

Dang it.  I should not have excpected it to be an easy one.  Like my dad used to say "Son, life always throws a curve ball at you, but you need to watch the sliders and the fast balls too".

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: