Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 12:27:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROOM TO BREATHE  (Read 4914 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »

What was the difference in a 10s and the 10sc ? any of you guys have a 10SC seems like only 20 were built  

good luck
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:14:25 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
blank

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »

TV broadcasts are now in color?Huh Wow!! what will they think of next?  Grin

Radar ovens. You just wait and see.
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »

Mr. Boxcar Okie:

Awesome post! Congrats!

When I told a friend I was in the process (good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise!)getting me a bus, he said, "I thought Volkswagen stopped making them!"

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 08:10:54 PM »

Radar ovens? man i need to get out more!!  Next thing you know they will have some sort of cordless phone for use in your house. How cool would that be!  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Kevinmc5

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 08:57:32 PM »

Great story I can only understand the newbe part. I thought an ebay number was a vin
to a bus. I wish that dam bird would stop singing so loud.
  Kevin

1964 4106-2471 8v71 Boise ID Driving any place I can Fit
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 02:07:14 AM »

I own a 1974 P8M4905A ex Gray Lines from Las Vegas,NV.
Every non bus person who see's the old Buffalo states nice old Greyhound bus you have.
I explain it was never a Greyhound and their reply normally is sure looks like a old Greyhound to me.
Also some folk's say nice Eagle you have then I have to explain it's a GMC not a Eagle.
When I tell a non bus person that I own a real bus most say why do you want to own a school bus?
So yes non bus people are sort of a pain.
jlv

As in all things, there are those who are sincere and polite, and then there are the one's who are not.  You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink.  They will think what they want to think, they are after all, people.

Thanks for your reply,

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 02:07:59 AM »

"It's a Bus Thang" I like that, our current sticker is "Mean People Suck."

I would love to have this one for a bumper sticker.  Down in Texas they have one that is similar it says ... "Texas ... It's An Attitude Thang Y'all."

BCO
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:13:31 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 02:08:41 AM »

When I tell a non bus person that I own a real bus most say why do you want to own a school bus?

Some people are just born idiots, and thats a fact.

I know, my wife tells me she is married to one, all of the time.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 02:12:11 AM »

Total understanding here.  The ones that think all buses are expensive  -or school buses---or greyhound--use gasoline--or weigh more than semi trucks---or have seats for 40-- only can have one drive train configuration-- cannot have slides--etc  I'm like you are not bus nuts. Not the Rebels of society thinking outside the box.  WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES ! just how dull can life be?    Bob

We all are not cut from the same cloth, we are different, being a bus owner, makes us stand out and apart from the crowd, wouldn't you agree?  This makes us more susceptible to criticism and as fuel continues to climb, our apparent form of transportation is going to seem even more ridiculous to those who can least afford it, yet alone understand it.

Thanks for your reply,

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 02:13:46 AM »

I would have probably gotten mad and siad something sarcastic at some point so you showed great restraint. Alot of people assume because I like buses that I know all the routes and schedules and "must" be a transit anti car nut. I tell them that I generally only pay attention to the fleet of the operators and the builders. Then there are those that assume that I like trains since they seem to think that somehow trains and buses are the same thing. Nothing against trains but I'm not a rail nut either.
I have been a scanner nut for over 30 years and often take it with me when I take walks when the weather is nice. People have asked me if I'ma cop or do I work for the parks dept. SHEESH.
I guess you can't explain HD TV to people who are just discovering that TV now broadcasts in color.

One thing aging (and my grandchildren) has taught me and that is to be more tolerant of other people.  I didn't say I understood them, I just said I was tolerant of them.  It often works, sometimes it does not, but most of the time, it is the best tact to take.

Thanks for chiming in ....

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 02:15:02 AM »

Our favorite is when we pull up to a small town stop light and someone runs over and knocks on the door of the bus and says "does this thing run?"   

Now that is interesting.  We have had "orbiters" (people who make circles around it checking it out) while parked at WallyWorld.  But the most common question is ... "What did it cost?"

Thanks

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 02:16:48 AM »

Wow. This is probably one thread ill just forget to share with the wife. I dont mind people coming up and asking questions, but scores of dolts isnt much tolook forwrd to.

Aw C'mon now, share it with her.  You have visible evidence right here to support your affliction (bus ownership) and it could be an invaluable tool for you to put into your "honey this is why I did that arsenal."  You remember back in the seventies .... "The Devil Made Me Do It." 

That kind of thing.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 02:19:04 AM »

Our favorite is when we pull up to a small town stop light and someone runs over and knocks on the door of the bus and says "does this thing run?"   

Some people are just born idiots, and thats a fact.

And of course, dont forget the people who try to board when you go to the filling station or grocery store lol

Never had that particular problem, lot of what we call "Lookie Loo's" but no boarders.  I had a guy ask me one time if I was "that Oatmeal Guy?" (Wilford Brimley) but since then I have shaved and lost a lot of weight, and it isn't happening anymore.

Thank you for your reply,

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 02:20:39 AM »

Most times I just read the posts from the sidelines, but every now and then something strikes my funny bone (this thread) and I log in. Thanks for the stories, I love them (probably cause I can relate LOL) Will Grin

You are very welcome, sending our very best is the least we can do, and we are glad that you liked it.  It had over 500 hits in one day and that means it struck a chord with a lot of folks and that is always nice.  Make a comment or two, that is where it is at.  The comments are what really makes it interesting.

Thanks again,

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 02:27:14 AM »

The best humor always contains a certain element of truth.

Very very funny.

If we ever meet I will be very cautious on toppics and choosing my words wisely.

I am going to meet a guy off of this board later on this year as a matter of fact by swinging his way on our return from Seattle, Washington this summer (the winners name to be released soon, check your ticket stubs!).  We are doing one small bus meet this year and that is it.  I am sure or it is quite possible that we will meet at some event, and the pleasure will be all mine.

We put a lot of stock in our coaches, and the work we have done and all that.  But in the end, it is the people that count the most, the fellowship and the encounters.  It is pretty hard to get all wrapped up in a bus, and if you are, well, that makes a pretty small package in the end.  

I sincerely hope we do meet someday, that would be great.

BCO
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:15:06 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: