Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 01:37:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diesel prices keep dropping - hooray!  (Read 2761 times)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 03:41:11 PM »

Hi 'Cracker!

Bussin 2005:  $1100 CDN worth of fuel for Daughter #2 and I to Jack's and back.
Bussin 2006:  $1500 CDN worth of fuel for family of 5 to Jack's and back. 3200 miles or so.

Accomodations, well, Duty Free parking lot at border is free, Flying J is free, State Welcome centres are free, Jack's is the best rate anywhere, and a campground or two on the way back up the coast is less than US$40

I'm with you. Can't fly 5 people return to Florida at Christmas from Toronto for $300 each!!!!!

From the ancient times, BTB, (before the bus) I always kept track of what we spent on vacations, just for fun, ATB (after the bus) I do the same.

End result?

Instead of hotel$ and re$taurant$, you spend money on fuel, groceries and camping when you camp.

For those who don't, you wouldn't believe what breakfast costs at some hotels!!!!

Costs saved: Easiest comparison: Over a typical 10 day to 2 week vacation, on the move, 2000 miles give or take, a busnut camping vacation saves the fuel money of running a '94 Suburban over a hotel and restaurant vacation.

long live the 2-stroke!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 04:03:46 PM »

Not to mention the better memories you make with your family by going slower and seeing the sites. Another plus is sleeping in my own bed and eating my choice of foods.

In this adventure we call life we are going to see a cost increase of anything and everything EVERY year. We can dream about the "good ole days" but that won't lower any prices.

I agree with BW and Cliff,  be happy and enjoy life and be thankful that you don't have to live like the folks in the third world or war torn countries. I have seen alot of people miss alot of life by sitting around complaining about stuff that they can't change.

I choose to be happy. Grin Grin

Dale
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 04:46:43 PM »

Years ago, a friend was interviewed after losing the bull riding event at a rodeo by 2 points. When asked how he felt, he said "obviuosly, I would have rather won, but I still made enough to cover my expenses and you can be glad or your can be mad/sad. Being Glad is a whole lot funner!".  I always try to keep a positive outlook and enjoy every day. All you have to do is look around and see how good we have it.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 11:21:02 PM »

Now 2.68/gal at the same truck stop Downtown LA, Ca. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 06:38:57 PM »

Just saw $2.49/gal on diesel in Chattanooga, TN today. Gasoline is now $2.09 and has been spotted at $1.99 briefly.
Dallas

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 07:15:22 PM »

Diesel $2.429 at the TA today in Florence, SC and gas is around $2.069 many places
belfert

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 06:41:48 AM »

Too bad I won't have an opportunity to take advantage of the cheaper fuel prices this year.  Fuel prices will be probably be $20 a gallon by the time my bus is ready for the road if I don't sell it.

Brian Elfert
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: