Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 08:44:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My warranty expired  (Read 754 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2011, 06:33:31 AM »

i'm parked at my son's house where we hired a crook to build a pad out of old road blacktop.  the crook had very little idea of level or packing it down.  anyway, we had sunk in a little, so i decided to move out a little to avoid sinking in more.
buses don't move out of small holes well!  Sad Sad

i had to dig out in front of the drives to get it moving, and still ran up above 1500rpms in 1st.

after that, while walking around the bus, noticed a liquid on the ground below the back of the engine.  Opened the hatch and found 2 issues.    2 water pipes (2") were connected with "rubber" section with hose clamps.  the hose had a split.  as i was checking, i also saw that one of the two bolts holding the muffler clamp was loose.  Both of these issues looked like warranty from putting my engine back in.

John informed me that the warranty expired when i pulled out of his driveway, or 30 min, whichever came first.  Shocked Shocked
 i informed him that this is his fault since he let his inexperienced help handle these 2 items (me).

Now wouldn't you think that a guy who helped with his time, knowledge and tools for free for 10 days would have a better warranty?  Tongue

But thanks to him, i at least now have less fear, and so fixed it myself.  Cool Smiley Smiley

Thank goodness it happened in my son's driveway, not going down some interstate where i might not have seen the low water until too late. Grin Grin

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 06:44:45 AM »

You musta forgot everything I taught you in Arcadia a few years ago!   Smiley

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 06:59:34 AM »

30 minutes? that is pretty generous!  All i ever get is 30 seconds or 30 ft. whichever comes first. Grin 

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Depewtee

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 07:17:37 AM »

Tom,

You should have opted for the extended warranty...  Grin Grin

Brian S.

Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 08:39:58 AM »

gumpy, the only thing i remember about your visit to Arcadia (besides the fudge and beerbutt chicken, of course) is you fallin off your chair laffin your butt off when i found the gasket in the box that was supposed to have been installed on the block heater. You Gary, Jerry, Don, Jack all advising me on the torque between 80lbs and as tight as i can get it when i put it on.  Grin Grin Grin

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: