Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:08:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Would you be likely to attend a rally at a "No Alcohol" facility?
Yes - 37 (52.9%)
No - 24 (34.3%)
Maybe - 9 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally at a "No Alcohol Allowed" facility?  (Read 7407 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« on: April 17, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »

Hey folks.  I have been looking around here for a good location to have a BCM Bus Rally.  I found a great location - Camp Jordan in Chattanooga.  Electric & water hookups, easy access drive up sewer dump, easy bus accessibility, etc. Dogs (on leashes) are welcome.  Lots of grassy athletic field grade park areas to walk on.  A small lake in the park.  It is part of a pretty large events center, depending on the week we did it there could be other interesting events going on in other parts of it.

However the park has a strict "No Alcohol Allowed" policy.  That is a non issue for me, but would it be a significant turn-off and reason not to attend for very many?  I would appreciate your input.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 02:26:55 PM »

Do they allow guns and fireworks?

Personally, that seems a bit over-restrictive. I can see it for events, but if they also mean in and around private motorhomes, I think I'd have to think twice about attending.
Of course, it's their right to restrict such things on their property, but it's also our right not to rent from them.

Not that I'm going to get to attend anyway, but that's my thoughts on the matter as of today... tomorrow might be different, though.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »

wouldn't bother me. but I'm a non drinker. Close run for us about 4 1/2 hrs  Bob  Ps our 4-H center is the same way. What you do in your coach is ignored though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:31:36 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 02:45:09 PM »

Interestingly they have had gun shows and fireworks exhibitions there.  I have found that all of the govt. owned parks around here have "no alcohol" rules.  And that pretty much accounts for all of the facilities suitable for a rally around here.

My favorite campground here is Chester Frost County Park.  But there are no reservations accepted and only a 2-3 dozen spots that are bus friendly and they aren't all in one place.  Then there is Harrison Bay State Park, but their electric service is weak and trips out frequently.  And there is a close to level campsite in the area of the park that would accommodate buses.  The State Park at Nickijack would be an option, but there again no reservations accepted and like all the others, no alcohol.

Here is an aerial shot of the part of Camp Jordan that we are talking about.

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »

As long as they don't ask what I do inside the coach then it wouldn't bother me but if they intend to ask me on entry if I have booze onboard then it would definitely be a deal breaker for us.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »

They don't regulate access to events, that is up to those putting the event on.  They simply have signs and literature that says "please don't bring alcohol into the park."   I am sure the issue would only come up if someone was observed drinking an obvious alcoholic beverage (like from a beer bottle) while outside or if they were acting drunk outside.

By the way, the time period I am kind of thinking about would be September or October.  Would Labor Day weekend be a plus or a minus for folks?  Both months are generally dry and clear here.  October is a little cooler weather.   Early September can be pretty hot sometimes.  But the days are longer and there are more area attractions going on in September, especially around Labor Day.

Also, the photo I posted above is showing an "at capacity" event.  If we took it, we would have the whole space, and so we wouldn't have to pack people in that tight so there would be room to have awnings and slide outs open without crowding your neighbor.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:59:01 PM by HighTechRedneck » Logged
Charley Davidson

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »

I'm not a drinker per say but that does not mean I do not enjoy a drink occasionally. It wouldn't stop me but I think drinking in your bus should be ok as long as it is not brought outside.  Most places don't police your site to see if you are drinking and most places seem to not care if you put your drinks in a discreet container.

How about Monteagle? Or a little closer to Nashville, I could check out some places south of Murfreesboro for you.

It would be nice to have some rallies closer to where I am and more centrally located.
Depewtee

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »

Would not stop me from attending.

Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »

I'm not a drinker per say but that does not mean I do not enjoy a drink occasionally. It wouldn't stop me but I think drinking in your bus should be ok as long as it is not brought outside.  Most places don't police your site to see if you are drinking and most places seem to not care if you put your drinks in a discreet container.

How about Monteagle? Or a little closer to Nashville, I could check out some places south of Murfreesboro for you.

It would be nice to have some rallies closer to where I am and more centrally located.

That is probably the case here.  I'm not so sure how welcome the disposition of the empties would be, but we could handle a discreet collection and dump them in the shop's dumpster.

If this didn't work out we could look out that direction.  But with my tires and not being in position to replace them at the time, I am pretty much looking at keeping whatever I do local for now.

Mike Hill and I have even talked about the possibility of a small weekender dry camping "non-rally" right here at the shop sooner than that (like May or June). Food, beverages & bus stories, more like extended tailgating bus style.  As long as at least half were in after 5PM Friday and out by 8AM Monday, we could probably fit up to about 12-14 buses plus toads in.  But there would only be two spots with electric (besides me).
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 03:26:08 PM »

That may be a county law some places in Texas are what is called a dry county and no alcohol allowed any place in those counties except for the bootleggers.
That would sure exclude a bunch of Eagle owners I know including me lol

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »

To bad it is so far from us.
 We sometimes feel left out because we don't drink anymore so it would be great for us to know all are on the same page and none of those problems that go along with it.
In California state parks and Sacramento surrounding area parks you can no longer drink alcohol. In the State parks that have camping they don't check and most just put it in a glass and pitcher type set up or drink inside. Anyone that is stopped inside the park can get a fine if driving or creating a nuisance. Like the idea of the shop too. Might be the way to go now that money is tight just a little smaller or Mini rallies.

Dave

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 04:15:13 PM »

It's their sandbox ... If you want to play in it ... then you have to follow their rules.

Pretty self explanatory.  Life is full of choices, you make one and then abide by it.

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 04:29:20 PM »

With me as I drink very little, a beer every now and then I just have problems with rules so I would not play in their sand box I know what cats do in a sand box.
Move to the Caverns Mike I'll help you

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 04:41:38 PM »

With me as I drink very little, a beer every now and then I just have problems with rules so I would not play in their sand box I know what cats do in a sand box.
Move to the Caverns Mike I'll help you

good luck

It was a metaphor Cliff, nothing more.  The Caverns are okay, but isn't he in Georgia or something like that?  He said that he didn't have a good working set of tires, so the Caverns is not going to work for him.  And then there is the fuel issue, which will progressively come into play more and more, he will need a small bank loan to travel that amount of miles (round trip AZ to GA).

As for rules, you and I know all about "rules" and how suffocating they are, don't we?

Hope you had a great weekend.

BCO

lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »

A little far for us to go, but...

What we do inside our buses is nobody's business. And I promise I would behave on the grounds, Wink.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: