Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 10:32:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Would you be likely to attend a rally at a "No Alcohol" facility?
Yes - 37 (52.9%)
No - 24 (34.3%)
Maybe - 9 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally at a "No Alcohol Allowed" facility?  (Read 7619 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 06:26:26 AM »

All the parks I have been into the guys and girls are to interested in Pets on leash and clean up after your pet to worry about someone drinking a beer.
I notice on the list no mention of OK and Utah on there strange to me,AZ,Texas and Idaho that has to be a typo lol.

I have been in state parks in LA where vendors come in and sell frozen daiquiris from a truck like ice cream you got to love those Cajuns

good luck
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:34:48 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
blank

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 06:47:16 AM »

My only comment is to more or less side with Sean. I work hard, and after a long day escaping I like to let my hair down. The only other thing I can think of is that so many of our rights and freedoms are under attack, the whole PC thing and whats safe to say anymore so you dont offend someone. Sorry, I would rather go somewhere and risk parking next to Happy the Drunk, even if I choose not to drink. Because its my right to choose.

Dont start a poll asking a question how we think, then criticise us for our response.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 07:16:53 AM »

I figure that if I know up front I am not welcome somewhere, I'll choose not to attend.  I have a drink in the evening, in nice weather I like to sit out side in the evening.  If I am warned up front that the people who have invited me somewhere don't include that part of me, I won't attend.  Equally I am not offended by people who choose not to consume alcohol.  That is none of my business.

In State Parks, I acknowledge the rule by keeping any alcohol inside my bus.  But it's none of their business as long as I keep it inside and quiet so I ignore the rule to that extent. 

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 07:23:51 AM »

I answered maybe, because many other factors determine whether we go to a specific rally.  Whether alcohol was allowed would not be a determining factor. I don't think there would ever be a problem with having alcohol in your coach or drinking it in your coach. As long as you are not drinking in public or behaving inappropriately, who would know?  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:46 AM »

Dont start a poll asking a question how we think, then criticise us for our response.

Just to avoid misunderstanding, I'm the one asking the question/running the poll and I'm not criticizing anybody's response to the question. (other than asking people to keep it friendly)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 08:19:07 AM »

Pure and simple-if you can't go three or more days/nights without a drink-you probably are an alcoholic.  It doesn't matter if it is one or two glasses of wine with dinner, or consuming an entire bottle a day.  If you have any doubt as to if you're an alcoholic or not-try going 6 months without one ounce consumed.  I guarantee you'll go through mental with drawls and get extremely depressed (don't ask how I know that).  This is how I found out I was an alcoholic.  I now have 10 1/2 years sobriety with not missing hang overs and the constant cost of buying booze.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 08:24:23 AM »

Simple question asked simple answer, yes, no or maybe this one is getting way off track I'm gone lol I vote no

good luck
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:12:57 AM by luvrbus » Logged

blank

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 09:11:28 AM »

Its too bad this thread is taking a personal attack direction, but it was probably inevitable.

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 09:57:09 AM »

asking people to keep it friendly
[/b]

See, now that is what I mean.....unreasonable restrictions on Knut behaviors.  Gummint interference and all that. Huh Roll Eyes Grin

I used to spend a few weeks every winter in a RV park named Pioneer Village in Fort Myers, Fla.  It had a section named "Dog Patch" that allowed dogs...go figure.  What a wonderful spot.  Friendly?Huh?  Holy Crap!  It used to take me 45 minutes to get out of there for all the folks coming over to say good Bye to Dad and I and Busy Black Bitch the Cocker Spaniel and Smokey Dog the Whippet.  That was after packing and starting the engine and most had stopped bye while we were packing up.  What a place.  I found that almost all were repeat visitors and some had been wintering for 15 years at that park.  The funny thing was that half those people did NOT own Dogs.  Half!  After getting that answer about the sixth time I finally asked "why do you always live in Dog Patch if you don't own a dog?"  The answer was "dog owners are great people and very social.  This is the only section of the park where everyone knows everyone else and we have a weekly POT LUCK and block off the street and set up tables." Yes, it was a great place and even my dogs got to know and anticipate seeing their friends every year.  Even when traveling without my pets I will not stay where dogs aren't welcome.....sets the wrong tone, for me, anyway.

I also prefer to stay with moderate drinkers or even heavy drinkers that aren't in my hair.  They seem to be a more tolerant and pleasant group, taken as a whole.  I found myself unable to drink without getting sick since 87 or 88.  I learned that I was a type 2 diabetic in 93 and also that I had been one since the mid 80's.  I can't drink, period.  But, here again, I would seek the company of moderate drinkers on the merit of their social behavior. I certainly would not avoid teetotalers, for sure.  Now as far as a drunk with a dog?  I get all misty eyed.

Mike,

I hope to travel back East and visit the Fla event and others.  i will list your rally as a lifetime Bucket List event.....unless it is at a "no-alcohol" and "no-pets" and no-German ethnicity location/facility.  Thanks for the invite.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »

Hi Mike. Had the rally been within range for us desert folk Wink, it wouldn't be a turn off for us Smiley.

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

How do they feel about smoking weed and blasting Willie and Waylan on the stereo?

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

My impression or feeling is exactly like Sean's.

My *behavior* would probably be to buy a six of very good India Pale Ale, put them in the fridge, enjoy the entire rally, and drive out with them forgotten in the fridge.

If the rule were to be "We have a no-alcohol policy and we reserve to right to search any vehicle that comes through our gates", then that would be a "H*LL NO".  If the rule were to be, we're going to walk around looking in peoples' coffee cups for alcohol, that would be a "definitely no".  If it's a "we prefer a place where people are responsible about drinking and the way that we enforce that against the idiots who would give us problems is to ask people to not display open containers in public and behave in a reasonable, responsible manner", then I wouldn't let that stop me.

I have been going to a music festival for over 20 years that has been held on a remote "environmental campus" of a State university.  The university's insurance policy has always been written -- "no coverage for any alcohol"; the insurance underwriters also require them to restrict alcohol.  Their rule to participants is "our insurance doesn't cover alcohol and we ask you to behave in a way that does not publicly display it and also behave in a way that is responsible in its use". (Of course, with our litigious society, if a drunk walks across a meadow in an "environmental campus" [i.e. not overly "civilized"] and trips on a drainage grate, he and his lawyer will sue the organizers, the university, their insurance company, the brewer of the beer and anyone else around -- and those defendants will have to spend more money than most of us have in our buses just to defend themselves even if they "win", but that's a political problem.)  I've never had a problem with that policy -- although I would prefer that it wasn't an issue.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »

How do they feel about smoking weed and blasting Willie and Waylan on the stereo?

But But.....uh....you don't mean at the exact same time, do ya?  I mean that's..."nervania" for craps sake. Roll Eyes

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »

My coach is nowhere ready for a rally but a "No Alcohol" rule would not keep me from attending such a rally. Of course I'm not much of a drinker so that's why it would not be a problem for me. That being said, I can see and understand where someone who does enjoy a drink or two might would have a problem with the rule and choose not to attend because they feel their freedoms are being limited.

Jimmy

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »

I can do without the weed but Willie ,Waylon,and Lonestar Beer is not all that bad lol

good luck

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: