Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 04:32:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lost job. selling 4104 cheap  (Read 7559 times)
jordansinthesky
Otterpilot

Me at work.

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »

I understand that this isn't the classifieds, but as you can see I lost my job and don't have the $ to post there.  If anybody has interest in a 57 4104 in good condition deeply discounted please let me know. 

1957 PD4104.  Self proclaimed youngest busnut in the nation.
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you want to advertise it is free at the "other" site.  HTH

http://www.busnut.com/classifieds/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:34:29 PM by Timkar » Logged

Cawston, British Columbia
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 01:31:22 PM »

Sorry to hear, Jordan.  (My flying job evaporates in June, too.)

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »

Jordan,

I am sorry to hear about your job. That is too bad.

I am sure that you have considered every possible option, that you can. However, what about keeping the bus, to live in? That would probably be cheaper then other housing....Just thinking out loud.

Anyways, I hope things look up for you.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »

Where's Les, he's looking for a 04?

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
jordansinthesky
Otterpilot

Me at work.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 04:25:33 PM »

Thanks guys.  Fortunately I will be able to live with my folks.  It will be cheaper than paying rent/utilities somewhere and paying to keep the bus up.  The price is right for anybody looking.  The bus is in great shape.  Here's a link to CL adhttp://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/2252428699.html

1957 PD4104.  Self proclaimed youngest busnut in the nation.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »

Honest advice.  you're young, you're going to lose a lot of jobs.  Don't let it define you.  If you own the bus, as in owe no money on it, keep it.  If you borrowed money to buy it, run away from it.  The bus is going to be fine for a month or a year, let it marinate for a while.  No need to rush to a decision,  you can sell it for a loss in a month or two as well as now and maybe you will find a job in the meantime...

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
RnMAdventures

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »

Sorry to hear about the job situation. If I were you I would try to keep it, but I sold mine a fews years back because I needed the money, so I fully understand.

That's a nice 4104 Jordon. Do you have some more pic's of it?

Mike

Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »

Im sooo sorry to hear this awful news Jordan. I know things will change for you. You are still young and life has lots of ups and downs in it. This is a down time for you. But you have done something amazing in aquiring your bus at such an early age! Really, you should keep it especially if it is paid for. If you lose your parents or their condition gets bad or whatever (believe it or not life can get even worse), your bus will be your ark. With it you always will have transportation AND a place to live! That is a tough combination and desperately needed by everyone/anyone. As long as you have those 2 things, everything else is gravey. Seriously reconsider letting everything else go, but holding onto your bus.

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »

Jordan; Jobs are just where you work. It is how other people make money from you working for them, Ain't nothin but a thing Cool

Maybe you can think up some kind of business to start. Some don't even cost a lot to start or maybe someone would want to fund you for part of the profit? Just a thought. What do you love to do and use it to begin to think what might work.

We move into our Bus full-time are having a bast for a whole lot cheaper than when we had a house. We have some friends that are allowing us to park it on their Grass on the big side yard. The 2 of us and 3 Cats Who by the way 2 are having there 5th B-day tomorrow. My wife works her Notary business out of the bus from the desk I made her and I take on any home repair work I can find out there or type up stuff for her and copy, Print and scan for her business things. Our TV only gets 6 channels but the right ones and we read alot and are on the boards, and internet talking to friend when we can.

So look in the mirror and say It will get better soon and Hey I have a Bus and it's mine.

Dave
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:33:45 PM by Dave5Cs » Logged

blank

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 10:03:04 PM »

I may be the lone desenter.

Im not sure things will get any better. The economy is flat lined, housing market is dead and continues to worsen, fuel costs are rising with no relief in sight, foods going up, etc., etc.. All those things effect everything else. I'm not saying it cant or wont turn back around, but there is no good reason right now to believe it cant get much, much worse than it is before better times ahead come to pass. I hate to say it, but an economic Depression, perhaps greater than in 1929, is not out of the range of possibility if we dont get this ship turned around. And its almost a foregone conclusion if they dont get it going soon.

I would take a good hard look at things and think real hard about what youll do if you cant find work. Your living in the Bus now, where will you live if you sell it, And how long can you hold out if you cant find work?  If you do find work, how trusting are you that it will last? You have a pretty comfy roof over your head and can chose your location at the push of a button. Not a bad option to have in todays shifting landscape.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »

Just how far do you really think less than 11K will go......
Seville

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 10:41:14 PM »

That has to be hard ! Hope things turn around for you.
I would try and wait a little while before selling  if you can. You never know, you may find a job sooner than you think.
Also, if you keep the bus and have to move to another area for work, you already have a place to live.
Best of luck to you!

New York City
1984 MC9 6v92T
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 10:44:21 PM »

I may be the lone desenter.

Im not sure things will get any better. The economy is flat lined, housing market is dead and continues to worsen, fuel costs are rising with no relief in sight, foods going up, etc., etc.. All those things effect everything else. I'm not saying it cant or wont turn back around, but there is no good reason right now to believe it cant get much, much worse than it is before better times ahead come to pass. I hate to say it, but an economic Depression, perhaps greater than in 1929, is not out of the range of possibility if we dont get this ship turned around. And its almost a foregone conclusion if they dont get it going soon.

I would take a good hard look at things and think real hard about what youll do if you cant find work. Your living in the Bus now, where will you live if you sell it, And how long can you hold out if you cant find work?  If you do find work, how trusting are you that it will last? You have a pretty comfy roof over your head and can chose your location at the push of a button. Not a bad option to have in todays shifting landscape.

No, Im afraid you are not alone in this thinking......

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Rick59-4104

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 12:14:35 AM »

I'm with Art on this one...I have never seen times where the general outlook of the people I know, friends and family, has been so dark, I think we are in for a bumpy road ahead.  Inflation has almost always in the past been a result of a strong economy, we are starting to see what I think will be record breaking inflation with a terrible economy. Not a good combination. What amazes me is that in spite of our elected officials past actions and non-actions and the dismal approval ratings of Congress we continue to send the same people back to Washington time and time again.

I second the thoughts of keeping the bus if you can, it could be good to have down the road.

Rick

NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: