Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 12:02:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lost job. selling 4104 cheap  (Read 7886 times)
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 06:14:16 AM »

Jordan,

Before you get rid of the bus, I would set a breakpoint date after which it absolutely must go.  Until then, find a place where you can store it for free or cheap(should be some that can help you here).  Consider that right know you know what you have, it is liveable, and from the looks of the pictures very nice.  If you want another bus later, you will have to go through all the trouble again. 

Granted, you don't know where your next employment may be, but wherever it is, living in the bus would give you a jumpstart on recovery financially.

I have some friends that are currently flying small fixed wing, and rotary wing as contractors in Afghanistan.  It may be worth a try, as it has been very very safe in the air there(not counting the worthless Russian choppers that are sling-loading equipment!!!)

Just my $.03 worth!

Steve

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
jordansinthesky
Otterpilot

Me at work.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 11:11:18 AM »

Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys  Grin  Boy do I wish that I owned the bus.  Luckily the loan I have for the bus is from my Dad, but that coin also has two sides.  With no way to pay him back, and no way to make a decent living in the close future (I may not be able to work in my chosen industry for some time), I'm afraid that the bus has to go.  If i get 11 for it I will be upside down 5k to my dad, but at least then I don't have to worry about all the costs involved with living in and maintaining the bus.  I wish more than anything else that I could have stayed in my current situation.  I love the bus and I loved my life, but right now things are in the toilet, and it's time to move back in with the folks and start fresh in this $#!% economy.  So if you know anybody that wants to capitalize on my misfortune, please send them my way.  I'm not trying to scam out of this thing.  It is a bus, it does have some issues, but the motor is strong, and all the systems function if not with some flaws.   Grin

1957 PD4104.  Self proclaimed youngest busnut in the nation.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 11:22:34 AM »

I know someone who has a relative that is looking for a 4104, sent him some info on one a week or so ago. Tried to get ahold of him today to let him know about yours but can't get thru yet. They are traveling in their bus so may be in a dead zone right now.  Got a phone number i can give him?

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
jordansinthesky
Otterpilot

Me at work.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 11:34:42 AM »

Sure thing 801-628-0778

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »

Thanks, i will pass it on to him as soon as i can.

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 11:50:38 AM »

Just talked to them, they are on the move right now but will call you later today when they stop.   Smiley

jordansinthesky
Otterpilot

Me at work.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 12:57:46 PM »

Sounds great.  thank you very much.  I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by the way for talking about this here.  This is just the best chance I can see for helping myself out of this situation

eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 01:45:39 PM »

I know what it cost me to have my daughter over for just dinner. if she owed me 16,000 for what she was living in I would fill her tank and tell her to drive until she found a job or run out of fuel. I would be tens of thousands ahead Grin.
Hobie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 02:16:14 PM »

Jordan,   has dad ever been behind the wheel? Wink     Teach him to double clutch.    Take him camping....    Enough said Smiley   
blank

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »

Dang, I coulda bought a couple of those Buses for what the two step kids cost me in cars they cant live in plus other junk. Oh wait, those cars are gone now...

Yeah, take your Dad camping. Let him drive. In the big picture, I cant think of a smarter thing a kid could do with their parents money. A car, a home, and a place to work all in one deal, and all for under $20K. I think you need to sit down and break bread with the Father unit. Show him these posts too. Maybe the Big Picture will focus his desires in a different direction.

Now, tell us your NOT parked at the folks with that big turd. You have a Bus, there is walmart, truck stops, back behind businesses, lots of places you could slip in and become "incognito". Millions in fact. And dont forget campgrounds that may hire you to work, pay you, and give you a spot. I think you could make this work if you really thought hard.
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »

Jordan I have no idea what you did for a living but if your looking for work and strong and have a good work ethic s/p get on line and look up Sanjel USA INC they are looking for able body guys to work in Texas. It's hard work but it's a job and it pays well. Just a thought . Good luck

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Hobie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »

Living w/family is free. Got that.  But soon you will be employed and you will need an apartment if you find work in away from home.   How much are rents?  For $11k will get you probably less than a year of rent.  With Bus you have mobility and may even get lucky and park near hangers with power when you find another flying job.  Especially handy if someone needs an on-call pilot.  Something to think about. 
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »

Really, the guys are right Jordan! And you are 24..... speaking from the other side of the gender pool, when I was that age I steered clear of guys living with their parents but I would have thought it especially cool that a guy had his own bus....... and such a nice one as yours too! It's much better then blowing cash on rent. And there are night security jobs to be had as well as the other good recomendations in this thread. You could park, hookup and patrol all out of your own bus!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »

If (when?) things get seriously pear-shaped, we all have lifeboats.   95% of the population doesn't.   We are the ones who will do better than most.   Keep the bus  -  it's the best thing you have now (apart from your imagination, determination, initiative, etc., which obviously you have because you have a bus in the first place).

Someone mentioned flying jobs in Afghanistan.   Wow!   If I had a PL I would do that in a heartbeat.   If old age is just memories, better make those memories as interesting as possible!   Remember, when you're there you'll be saving almost all your money, because there's not too much to spend it on out there!   Some years ago I worked offshore in the North Sea for four years, after getting back from a long trip without any money left, and those four years were the best work and experiences I've ever had, or ever likely to have.   Go for it!

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
challenger440

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 06:19:47 PM »

Jordan,  load up the bus, head towards the nearest forest fire in Texas and tell the firefighters that you know how to do weight and balance on aircraft.  It wont get you a flying job and you might have to get a red card, but you could keep the bus and make some damn good money.  Or find a private crew flying heliís or bombers and see if they need help.  Come about September youíll be looking for a vacation.  jm

John M.
Helena, Mt
MC7  "under construction"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: