Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 09:17:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lost job. selling 4104 cheap  (Read 7680 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 11:28:20 AM »

Guys I am going to tell you my take on the deal about all dad's and financing we really never expect it back I would prefer my kids to tell me give it to me they never pay me back anyways lol and me I would prefer him living in the bus instead back in the house with me and the wife I may sound cold but it is a fact of life with parents he needs to have a heart to heart and ask the parents for their take on it.
 We older parents have a life what's left of it and it is not all about the kids we paid our dues now it the kids turn in the barrel  
I have no way of knowing but I just wonder if he has paid anything back during the months he has owned the bus.
Don't get me wrong we do try and help the kids maybe too much something my parents never did and they could afford it and fwiw if one of the kids told me they needed a few thousand to buy a bus or they would be moving in my house you could bet they would be proud owners of a bus  JMO

Cold in Az

good luck
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:33:55 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »

That ain't cold at all.  Specially if there is only one "kid".

BUT, he said "I would add a slightly different perspective".  We all have our own special relationships with each of our children and our own take on kids in general.   First and foremost.....DO IT YOUR WAY.  The planet isn't doing all that poorly with the diversity.  And it is lead pipe cinch that there are oodles of people smart enuf to father/bear a child that are screwing the pooch on this task.  There are absolutely brilliant folk that are messing up royally, as well.  Then there are people like me Roll Eyes Cool Grin

I always felt that it was the parents "job" to distribute the family jewels when the time came.  I know lots of parents and also friends that borrowed from their parents with never a hint of an intention of paying back a penny, though they claimed that they would.  Unless they say they are considering it a gift, I think that is teaching hypocrisy.  At one time I planned to record what I gave to each and deduct that debt from the one daughter's inheritance that was frugal and responsible.  I was enormously, and quietly, proud of the responsibility the youngest showed.  Of course, when her Mom learned that he youngest had saved $6K, her mother resolved that issue by STOPPING the $750 per month allowance till the kid was as broke as her older sister the "spend thrift".  And, yes I did interfere and bring that to a halt.  1975 dollars, folks.  Yeah, I know.

I also count the relationship more than the monetary/material thingy.  Some kids seem to think that the ability to forgive and tolerate is "bottomless in it's capacity" where their parents are concerned.  It never was with me and they knew that at a very deep level.  Eventually, I had to tell the youngest " I have always loved you.  I love you now and I will always love you.  Unfortunately, I don't like you.  The values and priorities that you set are not even remotely associated with those that I gave you when we lived together.  You have grown. Never, so long as the sun shines and little birdies fly,  darken my door-step again so long as you draw breath on Planet Earth.  Should you ever find yourself in a perilous, life and death situation, do not call me. You are disowned.  Love, always, Daddy."  I honestly think that you owe your kids a lesson in "consequences" for unacceptable behavior.  in my case it was that screwing with the mind of a man on his deathbed, literally, even if it is your own father, is completely unacceptable and to not demonstrate that to them would leave me remiss as a parent.  As you might gather, with the help of modern science, I survived.  Me and Richard Bach.

But....as I said at the beginning... the planet is doing very well with all this diversity.  Maybe we need the "bad examples" to keep us straight.

Thanks, Clifford,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
blank

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 07:57:46 PM »

Wow John, thats pretty rough. My Dad and the rest of us had to tell my oldest Brother to disappear. And like you, it followed a long chain of abuses.
mikewarmblood

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »

Thanks again for all of the advice guys/gals.  I am sad to hear that I may only be able to get 7-8k for this bus.  I must have been a sucker paying 15 for it then  Angry   If  I can't get at least 10 for it, I will be forced to keep it.  As for all the job advice, I am not going to be able to fly for some time due to the loss of my medical certificate caused by health problems that are putting me on medications that the FAA doesn't approve.  My main problem with keeping the bus and living in it is that I am not a technical person, and these dang things take constant technical upkeep, and seem to suck money that I don't have.  At this point my dream is simply over, and it would be a huge load off of my back to be out from under this bus (pun intended)  So  I guess I'll just keep trying, and hope that someone realizes that this bus is worth more than 7-8k.
I have two buses well three the reason I have kept them is one i love buses and two I have a nic house I almost lost and am a paycheck away from losing it again.  I have one bus to store all my treasures that are anyway to me. and the other to live in incase I lose my house.  My buses run and run great. I have enough diesel in each one to move to Minnesota incase I lose the house.  We are living in the last times and need to be much more "portable" as this once wonderful country loses it's mission.  Things are not going to get better and we need to batten down the hatches for the worse that is to come.  A bus is portable and a house is not.. Keep that bus and at the very least it is yours . If you are forced to live atyour parent's home you have a place that is all your own. You can't right now get what the bus is worth.  i have also an F250 and feeding it. is breaking my bank and there is no relief in sight.  I am in NC helping my Father with his business and yesterday Diesel is now 4.16 a gallon. Even as attractive a bus is most folks are much more practicle than I  and will sethe rising cost of fuel and pass on a bus for now.  KEEP IT!!!
blank

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2011, 09:52:27 PM »

We are living in the last times and need to be much more "portable" as this once wonderful country loses it's mission. 

I couldnt have said that better. I hope I never need the Bus for anything other than going to see the kids. But if needs be, the Bus can be "plan B".

happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 01:41:52 AM »

We are living in the last times and need to be much more "portable" as this once wonderful country loses it's mission. 

I couldnt have said that better. I hope I never need the Bus for anything other than going to see the kids. But if needs be, the Bus can be "plan B".

ditto

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »

ditto

Mass pessimism is absolutely the worst thing that can happen to us as a nation.  It has a way of becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy.

This country has been through FAR worse than anything we are experiencing today. Two world wars and a major depression make today's problems look silly.  We recovered from them and we will recover from this.

The only thing that can insure our downfall is a lack of faith by the American people that we can come back stronger.  The only way that can happen is to defeat the enemy within us.  They are still winning but the people will rule again one day.

Life is good and it will get better.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
mikewarmblood

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 07:09:46 AM »

There are other things now that are much worse than then. We are losing our family unit dabuachery is at it's highest and there such greed it is awful I can go on but this is about buses and I don't want to get in trouble, but one last thought Isreal ( I support Isreal )is a nation again and we are the last generation I feel it is the way it will play out.  I am not giving up I vote I talk to people I do what little I can and of course I hope for the best. But I am also realistic and until this great nation turns back to God we are screwed and I am just hopeing for the best and prepairing for the worse.  THat is what we all need to do. And this young man is wrestling with either keeping his bus or not. I am hoping that he will keep it as it may prove to be the wisest decision he can make in these times. Buses are not selling as well as they were I see motorhomes parked in front of a lot of homes as I drive by week after week.  I can get right now a 2003 Van Hool with a series 60 in St Louis for 86,000  7 years ago that same bus of the same age  would have gone for 200,000.  Buses are worth more kept than being sold for the pittance they get right now. Unfortunatly for sellers it is a buyers market right now. SO I SAY KEEP THAT BUS!!!!!! you never have to live in a cardboard box or a tent. My opinion. Mike.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 07:47:06 AM »

This thread has taken a wrong direction anyway so I'll add a little more.
When I came out of high school  in 1958 times were tough and I have saw unemployment over 10% several times before over the years and I always had a job may have not been the one I wanted but I had one and I never drew unemployment benefits in my life time nothing wrong with you pay for it and so does you employer.
Over the years these things work out this one is lasting because of the 4 stooges trying to fix it, get government out of the picture things will change but you cannot set around waiting on a government hand out that is broke.
You can be anything you want to be in this great country without the government involved just work at it and it will happen that is my take on it 

good luck   

Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 07:54:11 AM »

Mike and Clifford,
Those are very wise opinions and I appreciate it!
About the buses... I am seeing more and more people letting their houses go back to the bank and buying rv's and buses to live in. Even with the fuel prices as high as they are, I think people will continue to buy Rev's. They are a home, and a lot cheaper than a house.

Gary

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2011, 08:26:47 AM »

Gary, living mobile is the way to go I would love too.
Our system is broke as a property owner I never own the properties if I don't pay the taxes I lose it, really when you get right down to it you rent your own property back from some government agency should not be that way IMHO  why does a senior citizen need to be paying school taxes on their home for lol last year I paid 30,000 in property taxes alone that is 2500 per month it is a crying shame,it won't be long before they come up with a away to tax the fulltimers

good luck
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 08:38:28 AM by luvrbus » Logged

eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2011, 08:37:34 AM »

Clifford, I agree about what you say but first I think the government has brought us to our knees to depend on their handouts. When you came out of highschool a man could afford while he was broke to try his hand at making money. Now with the laws and government payback it is almost imposable. My daughter just the other day was talking me into buying her a snowcone stand for her to try her hand in business. I told her to get me a business proposal together and we would look at it. Start up cost were going to be around 10,000 to buy someone else's that has figured it all out after they bought into it. long story short to have 1 employee you have to sell 15 snowcones an hour just to cover them. you still have not payed for anything else yet.  Being an all cash business you hope they don't steal two cones from you or they just made 10.50 for that hour. at the end of the day your better off barrowing your dads lawn mower and cutting a lawn for $20. I am far from moving in with my dad but only because I have a craft that I can take anywhere in the world and get a job. In schools today They don't have the shop classes like I did in the 80's and back. Wen need to get back to teaching kids to work instead of a job. The only problem is there is no real work in this country any more only jobs. Go look at any business these day and see if you could start it from scratch like you once were able to. Don't even think about anything industrial. If you did not get in before all the safety training you have to provide now you could never recoup your cost. Anyway we may need this country to fall on it's face to start over. Just my rant on this government I do just want the best for it.
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2011, 08:52:31 AM »

Clifford, your just going to keep me going lol. I know you know what HAR.COM is I was looking on there for the most expensive house in Houston was. It was around 19 million. I looked at the tax info and it was valued at 5 million. The next house was 10 million and valued at 5 mill. Now my house is valued at 200 but I prob could not get 170 for it right now. So how does all that work out fair on property taxes. I feel your pain but when it comes down to it for value theirs are cheaper than mine. It's not all apples to apples for the the rich to the poor. Not that Any of us should have to pay what we do. My 1/8 acre lot is valued at $30,000 and the 5 acers down the street Is valued at $7,000. This country has turned into a joke but I will stand behind it and make the best of it. I still have a cell phone and satellite TV. I need to go to my lake house this weekend and relax. Grin
mikewarmblood

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 10:30:21 AM »

get government out of the picture things will change but you cannot set around waiting on a government hand out that is broke.
You can be anything you want to be in this great country without the government involved just work at it and it will happen that is my take on it 

I totally agree. 
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »

You can Even be president. Just ask Obama. Just dont let our government catch you using your bus to make $100 one free weekend. That will cost you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: