Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 01:29:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning  (Read 2787 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »

Yes, but dihydrogen monoxide is way, way worse.   

Man, I'm doomed!

I work around thousands of gallons of this stuff every day!

I'd better make a note of this on my Facebook page to warn my family and non-busnut friends!

Thanks (I think), for the warning!

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 03:45:54 AM »

Oh geez, i just drank some last night...why is my screen turning colors? Fire truck pump this stuff too. Uh oh, I hear the black helicopters up there.
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 05:03:45 AM »

Yes, but dihydrogen monoxide is way, way worse.   

Man, I'm doomed!

I work around thousands of gallons of this stuff every day!

I'd better make a note of this on my Facebook page to warn my family and non-busnut friends!

Thanks (I think), for the warning!

You're doomed??

Up here in Canada, I pretty much bathe in the stuff!!
Time to get the will updated.

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
Pete359EX
86 Prevost XL

any excuse to buy new tools

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 05:19:13 AM »

Do you think I could sprinkle this (Road Salt/Ice Melt/Deicer), in my draft beer at the no alcohol rally? LOL!

Boy things have been getting heated around here lately!
Fred

Fred, 1986 Prevost XL, just beginning...Plans for roof raise, slide-outs, extension to 45', and maybe repower to CAT.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 06:10:56 AM »

I don't usually like to drive my bus in the winter because of the salt and other deicing stuff used on the roads.  I was hesitant to drive to Florida this past December because of rust from salt.  When I got to Florida I noticed even the painted bracket for my backup camera that is 10 feet off the ground had rust on it from the salt.

I did have one crimped connection for my side marker lights break due to corrosion from the salt.  I hadn't used a sealed butt connector originally, but I replaced it with a sealed one.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 06:11:54 AM »

Guess my bus will never corrode--I just go to Fred's area in winter heeee heee..   serious In Cheap Indiana they pre treat with Brine solution and Beet Juice.  I think this is doing more damage than the older methods. Seems to be more visible build up if your traveling before the snow or if the snow just turn into rain. everything is coated gray. Yes is bus related and something to protect elect and other exposed surfaces from. Undercoating coming back?   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 06:17:24 AM »

i dont know anything about wiring, but i always use sealed butt connections... and wrap the completed joint with a bit of tape as well... these i dont solder, but i kinda feel all wiring should be soldered to the connector...

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 06:24:04 AM »

Well, for a while I thought I was being picked on because of being a woman on here, but, guess not, at least not entirely, lol. Remember the post I made about the motor/engine that stirred up the debate?  Geez! I sure dont know the technical terms for everything, but, I am honory enough, that I am not going to stop posting because of it. I will stand up to any of ya, lol. Anyhow, back to the original post, thanks for the warning, I am sure many will be reminded, thanks to you! By the way, most on here are stand up people, and a few that I have met in person, the best of the best!

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »

ornery  :  having an irritable disposition, difficult

synonyms:
crotchety, cantankerous

honory:  only ruthi knows for sure     :grin:

The MCI has landed..... We are home.