Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 11:14:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep your fingers crossed  (Read 4542 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:50:59 AM »

and say a prayer for my wife and I.  We are leaving out of here in a few hours bound for the round up in Freer, Texas.  It will be the first long trip we have run on vegetable oil.

To keep this story short I can tell you this has been an epic uphill battle trying to finish the system.  The system itself was not bad but the tank I am using to store the oil in has been a bear to say the least.  To keep it short the tank is still not ready after 14 months and 2 different welders. 

Ready or not we are going.  With that tank not being finished I will have to stop every 100 miles and hand crank stored oil to feed the installed heated tank.  Yes it will be a pain in the hiney but I have 500 miles to go and I am not leaving the 10 cent a gallon fuel at home and paying $4.00 at the pumps.

So if you would blink an eye to the sky and wish us luck.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:52:37 AM by wal1809 » Logged

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:56:54 AM »

Luck!! and awaiting report some day on how to escape pit falls with this method. Will it work on electronic engines?  Good Luck that is!!

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:12:33 AM »

If I am following you too close will I smell french fries or eggrolls??? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
"Former WVO burner" & "Aromatic Exhaust Creator"

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:21 AM »

it will probably be $5.00 on the way back Grin

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 06:53:43 AM »

Wishing you the best!  (Actually bowed and said a Prayer!)
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:33 AM »

Well dern it!!!!  Right after I posted this I called a friend of mine who has a humongous ranch in Freer.  We were going to park at his place, visit and go do our bidding on Saturday morn.  I told him we were headed his way and his reply was "Come on, I would love to visit but the round up isn't until next weekend".  I swear I looked at the websight right but sure enough those were last years dates.  SO I took a couple of hours just to clean the dirty old girl.  So tomorrow we are heded to Easter weekend in Flatonia, Texas with the fam damily.  I won't have to hand fill the small tank now as one filling will get me there and back.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:23:06 AM by wal1809 » Logged

www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »

If I am following you too close will I smell french fries or eggrolls??? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
"Former WVO burner" & "Aromatic Exhaust Creator"
It is an aromatic aroma now doubt, kind of a mix between french fries, chinese food, fried shrimp and whatever Pakistan people eat.

www.snakebreaker.com
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 10:25:40 AM »

Roll Eyes

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »

Luck!! and awaiting report some day on how to escape pit falls with this method. Will it work on electronic engines?  Good Luck that is!!
Robert I am not sure if heated wvo will work in electronic or not.  We can dang sure find out.  I did run mine for 22 miles on the system while testing the new valves.  I don't want to jinx it but we should be good to go, especially when I get this tank BS over with.

www.snakebreaker.com
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »

Best of luck, a wing and a prayer. M&C Grin

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »

Best of luck! You are taking off in a beautiful bus and going to have the time of your life, and get by very cheaply too! I want a FULL report of your trip too! My bus is down right now and part of the reason is because Im setting it up to run wvo too. I run bio in it now but I want to have the option of running svo as well.

I just filled up my little cobalt chevy and it was almost $60.00 for about 12 gallons  Shocked But in that little car, it will take me about 400 miles.

As for the electronic engines..... sigh, I have read that the vo messes with the fuel sensors. I would be real careful (or real desparate) before trying this in that kind of engine.....

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
blank

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »

I am curious as to what kind of problems your having with the tanks and plumbing etc., can you explain???
Pete359EX
86 Prevost XL

any excuse to buy new tools

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 06:39:28 PM »

Wayne you have a nice bus, but are you kidding me, with snake breaker.com. You work with rattlers and moccasins!? Thats your job?WOW!

Fred, 1986 Prevost XL, just beginning...Plans for roof raise, slide-outs, extension to 45', and maybe repower to CAT.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 08:23:17 PM »

Wayne you have a nice bus, but are you kidding me, with snake breaker.com. You work with rattlers and moccasins!? Thats your job?WOW!
Not so much Wow anymore.  It is not my real job, but a side job.  For my real job I am a Crime Scene Investigator.  I used to be big time into training retrievers.  I really wanted to do that for a living but it is a tough low paying job.  Hard to make a living.  I really am apposed to where the dog industry has headed.  I like a good old fashioned family pet that will retrieve.  I am trying to not type AKC here but I am apposed to how they run trials.  A trainer has to train the dog right out of the dog.  BEfore I get off on a tangent, I started training hunting dogs to stay away from rattlesnakes a long time ago.  My wife and I intend to set up 2 clinics in each state twix here and California when I retire.  We could make a supplement to the retirement and travel the whole southwest.  An adventure!!!  Oh and thank you for the compliment on the bus.  She was pretty dusty before I put the wash job on it.

www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 08:29:21 PM »

I am curious as to what kind of problems your having with the tanks and plumbing etc., can you explain???
"Welding" the tank is not the problem.  Brother in law promising to have it done next week, 14 months ago is the problem.  I finally said screw it and went to the shop and picked it up.  I was kind of in a pickle barrel but enough was enough.  So I take it to a local welder.  I would do it but I don't have a TIG for aluminum.  So 9 days ago I drop it off.  It still isn't done!!!!!!  They said they found a pin hole, translates into they blew a hole in it.  That tank is cursed.  I looked at a 300 gallon poly tank today.  That has my interests up but it was 2 inches too tall to get into the bay.  I would only put 200 gallons in but that is a later project.

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: