Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 01:29:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conversion update  (Read 893 times)
Ace

« on: September 21, 2006, 06:19:48 AM »

Our ceiling that I have been working on is DONE DONE DONE, well with the exception of one small panel in the bathroom due to a wall piece that got broken and needs to be fixed before the ceiling panel can go up AND also I changed the tile layout in the kitchen. Actually just extended it a little further into LR with some more curves to accomodate the barstools giving them a little more room. I also installed the carpet in the LR last night. THAT sure made a diference! It really brought some color into the bus and now the decorating fun begins. I still need to do the entry steps but probably won't get that done before T-Ville. Might be done for Arcadia though. Thinking about using the same tile I used in the kitchen/bath with mirrored risers. When I return from T-Ville, the upper cabinet over the driver will be done too. Looking rearward from entry, it looks good, but looking forward, it still looks like a bus!

Getting closer every day!   Wink

Man, this is FUN now!

Ace
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 07:12:57 AM »

Ace- this is when it gets fun.  When I did my conversion, I did all the interior work first.  So the bus still had the crummy paint it came with.  Just when you think you'll never get done, you see visible progress.  When the interior was done, I got the bus painted (had it done since by then I was a bit burned out on the progress and couldn't quite muster up the energy to prep the bus myself. Prep is the hard part, painting is easy).  Now it is nice to have a working motorhome. 
Just got an update from Don Fairchild on the turboing project-the engine cradle is out and he took the transmission into the tranny shop for the rebuild.  By friday should know the interior shape of the engine and if he is going to have to replace the lower oil control ring (I had said the top ring-was mistaken-is the lower oil control ring to keep the extra turbo pressure out of the crankcase) Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Ace

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 08:56:55 PM »

Tom we had our bus painted before we picked it up so the neighbors would allow me to come home and keep it at the house!  Cheesy

Tonight I did a little more carpet work while Susan started cleaning it up, and out, getting ready for our trip next week to T-Ville.

It's not only fun doing the conversion now, it's also getting slower! I find myself sitting back in the recliner just looking at what has been done! And you know, I don't even miss not having the flat screen in the front yet! LOL

Ace
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: