Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 22, 2018, 04:04:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  4,812 Members as of August 9, 2016 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have an air leak  (Read 6245 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 08:00:31 AM »

All I can say David and Jim they left Brownsville with auto drains even the Houston Metro 05's had auto drains

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »

Clifford,

On the rear brake tank I have a screw type wingnut drain at the bottom rear of the tank and a pipe plug at the bottom front of the tank.  Any where else to look for that auto drain?

David
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 04:03:33 AM »

i don't remember what the exact symptoms were anymore with one leak other than i found it one day when i parked for a couple minutes without putting the park brake on and turned the engine off.  hissing from the rear wheels.  turned out to be a small, bigger than a pin, hole in the airline right behind the fuel tank, and in front of the pumpkin.

Air recycling at the purge was a symptom recently when i re-mounted the governor without a new gasket, and it was leaking.  i kept thinking i had a leaky line, but finally took it off and put new gasket on.  no problem now.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
David Anderson

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 07:39:06 AM »

Update:

I finally found it.  It is in a what looks like a crossover line near the two relay valves above the  differential.  I couldn't hear it with my tired ears, but my wife could.  It is a hose about 2' long and will be a very easy fix.  (That doesn't happen often)  The hose is only pressured when the parking brake is released and we are running down the road.

Yippee, another problem solved.

David
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 09:24:35 AM »

David, that's exactly where i said i found mine.  Glad you found it. 

Now, i've got to go recheck mine.  We seem to be airing down sooner than we were.  About 60lbs in 5 hours after shut off and park.  Oh well, always something to do in my "spare" time.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
David Anderson

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »

I finished the Katy bike trail and Friday I pulled the hose off and went to a hydrolic hose shop and had a new one made.  Installed it, left Washington MO and drove 300 miles back to Pryor OK with no more air leaks.  Finally an annoying problem solved.

David
mikewarmblood

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 07:29:51 PM »

I had an RTS that had a bad air compressor. It was my first bus so I didn't know much then. Everytime I shut the bus down I would hear gurgling when I opened the oil fill cap on the head cover.  The compressor exploded and sent air from the coach into the engine and blew the liner and had to have the engine rebuilt.  Need to check that air compessor if it leaks air into the water jacket like mine did it is imminent (SP?) that you replace it.  8000.00 mistake on my lack of experience. 
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »

David, I know a good Amish family style place to eat at Mazie on 69 if you are going that way called Millers good stuff there my friend it's the place with the phone booth in the front yard on the east side of 69

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
David Anderson

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 07:23:13 AM »

David, I know a good Amish family style place to eat at Mazie on 69 if you are going that way called Millers good stuff there my friend it's the place with the phone booth in the front yard on the east side of 69

good luck
Thanks Clifford,

I left the bus at a friends house in Salina OK until Saturday.  We drove the truck to Pampa Tx on Monday.  Hailed a bit on us at Elk City OK.  We will drive the bus up to Burlington KS Saturday to another building job, but when we return to TX in 3 weeks we won't go back on US69.  I'll keep Mazie's on our list.

David
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: