Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 08:57:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this? Do I need it/do you want it (free)?  (Read 1102 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:25:42 AM »

Pretty sure it is a V regulator....but for what?

Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 11:38:03 AM »

Looks like a Delco regulator.  Since it is remanufactured by Hausman, I would guess it is for a DN50 on an MCI.  To really know what it is and what it's compatible with we would need the Delco number.  I can't read any number in the photo, but I am guessing there is one stamped on the tag Hausman put on it.  Can you read it?

If not, there are often numbers stamped inside as well, and it's possible you will have to open the unit up to find out which model it is.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »

It looks almost like mine

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:05:28 PM »

Tag outside Illegible
Circuit board inside says   463C309C ("C"s might be broken "O"s)

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 11:13:18 PM »

I had one of those big ol black box regulators.  When I had the 50DN rebuilt-I also bought a new regulator. The new one is just slightly larger then a pack of cigs.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:29:59 AM »

It's definitely an old Delco regulator and just like what MCI, Setra, & Dina used to use!

How do I know this? I have several just like it on the shelf in the shop! I was much surprised that the '97 Dina we have uses the exact same one that the old MCI & Setra's that ran the old gear driven 50DN's ! But we found out it's true that they were all 3 the same just different part #'s for the different makes!

Oh yeah the little screw in the center is the adjustment screw for adjusting the voltage up or down! (used to be when Greyhound would call us out in the middle of the night that was the first thing the guy on the other end of the phone would want us to do is to "turn that screw 2 times one way, and if that didn't do it turn it back 4 times the other way, and if that don't fix it tow it to Nashville or Memphis (which ever was closer) and they'll have to work on it in the morning!"

Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: