Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 07:26:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos  (Read 2986 times)
Joe Camper

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2011, 04:37:29 AM »

Placing Large Photos in the text of a post.

I would be very greatful if someone could explain how to do this either out here for all to learn or thur e-mail.

I can not figure it out.  Im not interested in the dinky attatchments but rather like Boxcar uploads them into his stuff.

What am I missing?

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 04:45:06 AM »

Joe,
   First step is to set up a free account at www.photobucket.com. Then upload the photos to your Photobucket album. When you want to put a photo in the text of a post, go to your album and put the cursor on the photo you want to use. A pop-up box will give you several option. Click on the option that has img in it. This will copy the URL for that photo. Now write your post. When you get to where ylou want the photo, right click and then click on PASTE. The img address will appear.  Finish your post and WaLa, your photo will appear larger than life in you post.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 04:50:59 AM »

Here you go

Open an account with photobucket.  You will have to register and they will send you a verification email.  You click on the link in that email and that will get you going.  

Upoload all your digital media to your albums in your photobucket.

Once the photos are there just hover the mouse pointer arrow over the picture and an automatic drop down window will appear.  There are 4 columns that appear in that drop down window.  For posting pics the bottom one is the one you want.  Move your mouse pointer cursor to that column and left click on it.  It should change from a whole lot of numbers and letters to "Copied".

Now go to a new window and open this or whatever forum and start a new topic.  Type in what you want and then left click where you want the photo.  Right click and hit paste.  All those numbers and letters will appear and you click on POST.  YOur done.

Once you do it several times you can get get pretty lightning fast at it.  I always keep photobucket up in one of my tabs (windows)  that way I can just click on that tab and I am there.  It is a lot quicker than my typed post here that is for sure.

Hollar at me if you need a walk through.  713 five thirty 9182

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:54 AM »

Wow, you cannot beat that Joe, they told you "exactly" how it is done.  Might be one thing to add here, if I may?  When I load (from photobucket account) and paste here, I "center the photo" before I post it.  I use large and small, but prefer the large ones in a document.

Piece of cake.  Go for it.

BCO

Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 07:10:18 AM »

O/K I will try later I'm between this and gardening and cooking a turkey on the grill.

Its no rest for the weary around here.

Thanks for the help and Happy easter everybody.

I will hopefully end my end of this thread with a photo or 2 .

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 07:54:20 AM »

I don't do the face book thingy. But then again my pics are the little ones you have to click on in order to make them bigger to see better too!

I just re-size my pics to the largest allowable (or close to it) size and just post them straight from my computer. (but then again I'm technology challenged and just do things whatever way I learn first rather than getting confused by trying to do it different ways and getting it all screwed up!)

But as always YMMV!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 08:00:18 AM »

how do you make them small and clickable? Mine are always LARGE...... I think that people with slower connections it creates a problem. Does anyone use dial up anymore?

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 08:04:57 AM »

Now yer asking alot! LOL! I don't know how it does it but my computer has a program that when I right click a photo one of my options is to re-size it.
I just experiment with the size until I get it just below the "allowable" size and then post it.

Then when I come back and look at the post it is like a thumbnail sized photo and I can click it and it gets bigger.

Like I said I'm techno challenged and it's just the way I learned to do it.
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 08:11:48 AM »

Photo need photos man can't you people visualize what it looks like lol,I am like my buddy Sonnie Gray which has a major project going on with installing a ISX Cummins in a Eagle when you are busy you don't have time to post photos so some can pick your project apart here I see that all the time me included.
Posting photos is just not my thing I don't know how for one reason and don't want to waste my time learning for the other,I was giving a guy some parts the first thing he asked was could I send photos before shipping parts are still in the shop lol

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 08:19:18 AM »

Photo need photos man can't you people visualize what it looks like lol,I am like my buddy Sonnie Gray which has a major project going on with installing a ISX Cummins in a Eagle when you are busy you don't have time to post photos so some can pick your project apart here I see that all the time me included.
Posting photos is just not my thing I don't know how for one reason and don't want to waste my time learning for the other,I was giving a guy some parts the first thing he asked was could I send photos before shipping parts are still in the shop lol
good luck

LOL! I hear ya 100% Clifford!
I know that is exactly why Paul Hastings quit posting his progress on his Setra/slide project because of all the naysayers picking apart his project from the photos and having never seen it in person!
And many others I'm sure too!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »

I like posting pics , I find them useful and entertaining lol and yes some choose to pick them apart but last i checked we all wear big boy pants and skirts  Roll Eyes I being non (yoda like and will most likley never be) I need all the help I can get and pictures at least give me some direction. fwiw

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 08:39:54 AM »

Joe -

Believe it or not, I actually have a slight complaint about the really large photos sometimes posted here, much as I like the added detail.

They're so big I cannot see the entire photo at one time without having to scroll back/forth/up/down.

OK, gurus, suggestions?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 08:42:05 AM »

I like posting pics , I find them useful and entertaining lol and yes some choose to pick them apart but last i checked we all wear big boy pants and skirts  Roll Eyes I being non (yoda like and will most likley never be) I need all the help I can get and pictures at least give me some direction. fwiw

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »

RJ,
For those photos I re-size the size of the display on my monitor by left clicking on the page, holding the control button down and spinning the "scroll" wheel on my mouse! (if your mouse doesn't have the "scroll" wheel you can hold the control button and use the +/- buttons just the same!)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 08:52:01 AM »

Andy, how many times have you solved your problems with phone call to me or Sonnie without photos lol .
You do just fine without photos because you take the common sense approach to your projects   
I quit when Gus wanted a photo of the all in one shut down for a DD I had Paul post the photo of the unit and would you believe he said that was not the way it would work and he had never saw one before

good luck
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:11:40 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: