Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 12:11:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos  (Read 3029 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »

Joe -

Believe it or not, I actually have a slight complaint about the really large photos sometimes posted here, much as I like the added detail.

They're so big I cannot see the entire photo at one time without having to scroll back/forth/up/down.

OK, gurus, suggestions?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Larger Monitor! Smiley
 Wink
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:06:51 AM by Len Silva » Logged

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 09:53:23 AM »

I don't know how it does it but my computer has a program that when I right click a photo one of my options is to re-size it.
Grin  BK  Grin

It is a "free" download from Microsoft. It is part of their "Power Tools "  Picture re sizer  that is exactly what I use Smiley

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »

I like the large photos but there is a disadvantage with them. Has anyone ever gone back to the archives and found the photo links gone? If the person looses or closes their account or the link changes in any way the photos are lost to the BBS. If you upload them to the BBS they will be there for future searches. It might be a good idea to do both.

RJ, A larger monitor is usually the easiest way to make large photos viewable without constantly changing settings. Folks with large monitors often don't realize that what they create can be difficult for others to see if the monitor real estate is different. A 27" imac would put you on the top.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »

Grin Thanks Clifford  Grin I try

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 11:11:19 PM »

Len & Laryn -

I'm currently using a 21" flat screen, which will have to do for the time being.

Chances are slim and none that I'll get a Mac - my business accounting software will not run on that OS, nor will a couple other programs I use frequently.  Maybe after I retire. . .

BK -

I know how to resize the screen, just don't like having to do it. . .

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »

It's the screen resolution rather than the screen size which determines how much screen real estate an image occupies. A bigger screen won't make any difference if you're still using a smaller (older) resolution setting.

Also, modern browsers automatically re-size images so they fit completely onto any screen - but this only works if just the image is being shown (rather than the image in the context of a web page).

If you are looking at a web page which contains an image which is too big for the screen, right-click on the image and select 'View Image'. This only takes a moment and (assuming you've got a modern browser) the image will now show re-sized to fit on your screen.

If you are using an old browser, update it - it's free and easy to do, and you'll probably discover lots of other neat features that you like.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 07:04:17 AM »

test for me   did it backwards need to do picture save before entering bcmbb first
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:16:08 AM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 07:10:43 AM »

test 2      da that was easy   my new lesson for today   now lets see if I can remember it   bob
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:13:05 AM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 08:41:04 AM »

Cool & Bob the 45'er is looking good! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 04:09:54 AM »

Figured it out thanks everyone.

Happieness is a clean and shiny 8-V

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 05:07:58 AM »

Not to pick anything apart but I would be wary of an engine that clean..... Wink Wink

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 05:21:39 AM »

LOL

Yes when your looking at it to buy it, but this photo is of a motor in a bus that is owned by folks who wont be selling it any time soon Grin

All this stuff off the gear drive is what was leaking profusly when we got it.

The flange for the air compressor, the flange for the alternator, same with the steering pump, the little oil feed tube that goes into the back of the blower it was finger tight leaking bad.

I cleaned it with a small stiff paint brush and kerosene and once the grime was gone the leaks were pretty easy to hunt down.

Mine still leaks but practicly nothing and I'm still workin on it.

IMO these motors overall unfairly get a bad rap.  Sure I would prefer a "normal deisel" but its whats in there and you can get them right. Ours is an 85

Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 05:46:12 AM »

I have all kinds of things bouncing around inside this noggin to do to our bus to make it unique.

Our floorplan is a rear kitchen and bath and because of that the engine access panel in the back of the bus. It is the floor in front of the lower cabinate for the kitchen sink. I can pull it in 5 min.

Most of the heater hose runs around the engine for Prevo incorporates solid copper plumbing wherever and as much of as they could design into it. I have all the new short silicone hose pieces that couple it and when they get installed I'm steel wooling all the copper stuff and spraying it with clear lacquer so it stays that way. I am sending off all the brackets and hardware holding it to the block to be plated. I am going to label everything I.E fuel line, alt, blower ect ect.

The access cover itself (kitchen floor) (highly visible)  is a metal frame with 1in ply dropped in and then its got tile.............I'm pulling the plywood & tile for 1in Plexiglas  Shocked and I am going to play with some lighting in there so you can see it at night too.

How about it? Have I lost my mind? I have not told my wife I'm doing this and probably won't  Shocked

There are also other spots about the bus that has cool mechanical things currently hiding that also needs to be revealed.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:50:24 AM by Joe Camper » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: