Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 02:32:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest hero member!  (Read 1317 times)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« on: September 21, 2006, 04:55:26 PM »

Looks like Brian Elfert is the latest hero member with 500 posts!  Thanks for all your questions,  answers,  and involvement with the rest of your fellow bus nuts Brian.

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
belfert

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:59:32 PM »

I sure hope I can help answer member questions rather than asking them all the time.

Brian Elfert
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:16:48 PM »

I sure hope I can help answer member questions rather than asking them all the time.

Brian Elfert

Welcome to the ranks of the infamous Brian!
With the "hero" designation and $2 you can buy a cup of coffe at many places.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 05:25:06 PM »

verbosity escapes him not...

well done, good and faithful busnut!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 07:03:53 PM »

I hope to see Brian and his bus one day, I feel like I have had some input to its construction. 

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »

Congrats Brian, where are your pix posted?  I've heard all about your coach, but don't recall seeing it?  Posting an album is an obligation of a "Hero" member.   Fascinating story!  You got a Dina?   What's that big 60 series look like? 
I'd like to see some pix! 
Are you back on for the trip in the bus? 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
belfert

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 07:52:52 AM »

Congrats Brian, where are your pix posted?  I've heard all about your coach, but don't recall seeing it?  Posting an album is an obligation of a "Hero" member.   Fascinating story!  You got a Dina?   What's that big 60 series look like? 
I'd like to see some pix! 
Are you back on for the trip in the bus? 

I have not taken a single picture to date even though I have a digital camera.

We are planning to leave on Wednesday unless things go badly this weekend.  The constant rain isn't going to help with getting the plumbing done,

Brian Elfert
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 09:00:56 AM »

Take lots of pictures along the way, for each step of your conversion.  I have taken pictures, and at the time I thought I was taking a lot, but looking back I really wish I taken many more.  As you know withth digital, you can delete what you don't want.  With all you've put into your conversion, get those pics along the way, it will be really fun later to look at them!

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 09:06:47 AM »

along with dates! I started dating and identifying the digital pics.  Kind of helps the ol' memory remember when that thing in the picture was happening.  else - I just think - "wow, whatever those guys were doing back whenever that happened,  sure was, uhm, interesting".   Cheesy

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
belfert

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 09:15:50 AM »

Take lots of pictures along the way, for each step of your conversion.  I have taken pictures, and at the time I thought I was taking a lot, but looking back I really wish I taken many more.  As you know withth digital, you can delete what you don't want.  With all you've put into your conversion, get those pics along the way, it will be really fun later to look at them!

With a whole 16 megabyte flash card, I really can't take many pictures.  At max res, I can get 16 pictures or at lowest res somewhere over 100 pictures.  I have a Smartmedia card in my camera and these aren't the type you can pick up at Best Buy for $20.  I haven't found it worthwhile to spend $50 on a new card yet, especially with spending all sorts of money on my conversion.

Brian Elfert
Dallas

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 10:02:46 AM »

With a whole 16 megabyte flash card, I really can't take many pictures.  At max res, I can get 16 pictures or at lowest res somewhere over 100 pictures.  I have a Smartmedia card in my camera and these aren't the type you can pick up at Best Buy for $20.  I haven't found it worthwhile to spend $50 on a new card yet, especially with spending all sorts of money on my conversion.

Brian Elfert

Brian,

You'll find that mostly you don't need to use max res for your photos, unless you have a real need to capture the finer points. Then you have consider that your lens isn't all that wonderful anyway and won't capture close ups of your work.

We have an older Kodak that we used for years and it worked really well for what it was built for. At the time we bought it, it was over $500 with a 8mb smart card. We took thousands of photos with it and just downloaded as we needed to.
We learned that the best resolution was about 640X480 or 5" X 7", (4"X6" was great, but with our video card and monitor we had no problems otherwise.
Using the 640 X 480 Resolution we could get about 60 photo's on the card before downloading.

When we upgraded to our new camera I was really impressed with it's features and it's ability to load the new photo's quickly to the hard drive.
It's a Sony Cybershot DSC W-5 with 5.1 Mp,  32MB native and a 256Mb card. It features a 3X optical zoom which is about as good as I could want. We bought it scratch and dent, (it was without it's box because it had been a demonstrator at Best buy), for $170.

I just did a search on eBay for a smart card, and you are right, they are expensive. It would be a lot cheaper to invest in a new camera than to pay what they want for smart cards.

Whichever way you go, just remember, to upload pictures to most websites, there are limits to the size, so you'll be forced to resize them anyway, and we want lots and lots and lots of pictures.

Dallas
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 11:10:59 AM »

I have not taken a single picture to date even though I have a digital camera.

We are planning to leave on Wednesday unless things go badly this weekend.  The constant rain isn't going to help with getting the plumbing done,
Brian Elfert

Hey that rain should help! It'll show ya which way the waters running! LOL! BK Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: