Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 02:44:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy looking for a little input on my conversion! Ongoing questions!  (Read 6358 times)
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »

It most not be the same Rosie then. The one I know has alot of heavy equipment and I couldnt see him working anywhere that requires a uniform lol.

Its a small world, isnt it? You never know who you might meet on a website lol.

Im going to try to post some pictures of my trans on here maybe you guys can help id it. No promises that the pics will work tho.

[/quote]

hope that works!
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »

I have an 84 model 10 as well.  Listen to Clifford because he isn't bs ing about the floor acces hatches.  I don't know who the rocket scientist was that converted my coach be he covered them with a harwood floor.  I don't look forward to the day I have to get in there.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »

Yes I have full intentions of leaving them accessable. My wife and I were discussing this today while we where removing the seats.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 09:07:03 AM »

Yes be sure to leave access were the floor panels are!

We have a very well loved and experienced wood working busnut that used to be on this site that bought and built a nice Eagle. But when he bought it there was no floor in it at all! Just the cross members and even no floors in the luggage bays. (when arrived home with it he backed it in the driveway and his wife stepped in the steps and looked down and said "you could have at least bought one with a floor in it!")

Well he did a great job converting it, but he did not know about the access panels since he was starting with a blank canvas (or actually chassis!) and didn't know about this site at the time.
Well he did a superb job of building it and even put in a well insulated solid floor like 3/4" Marine plywood, 1/2 insulation, & another 3/4" flooring plywood all cris-crossed for strength and sealing purposes!

Well guess what first time he stopped by my place and needed a transmission hose replaced he looked at me like I had 3 eyes when I asked him how hard it was to get to the access panels under the bed.

His eyes glossed over and he asked "Access panels? What access panels?"
I explained to him that they all had access panels to get to the engine/trans and other service areas from the factory.
He again got a glossy look and said "AH, ain't got none!"
I asked are you sure. and he said "YES I sure as I'm the one who put the floor in there is nothing close to an access panel in it!"

Well it made the job difficult at the least but we were able to get a small wiry mechanic to climb in on the curb side and go through and over things until he was able to get on top of the transmission and take said hose off! The next evening he returned to my shop and put the new hose we had made up back on!

After that he promised the next time I saw the bus it would have access to he engine/trans and other things needed for future service!

Well next time he was at our place it didn't and this time he had a cracked exhaust manifold on the street side and there had to be access for the available mechanics to be able to work on it!

So out came the bedroom, and the circular saw and a sawzaw! (he now has a huge access panel! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »

Thank you Bk, now I know what is in store. Shocked  It really should not be that bad because when I put the bed back in it will hide the monster hole in the floor.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »

My neighbor bought a S&S today for the 454 out of it today. He said if I helped pull the motor I could have all of the stuff out of it I wanted. I plan on getting the tanks, water pump, converter and some other things.  Cant beat the price of free!  O and it has two newer roof top ac units in it as well!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »

Quote from: wal
Thank you Bk, now I know what is in store. Shocked  It really should not be that bad because when I put the bed back in it will hide the monster hole in the floor.

Oh you too? Cody is the one I was referring to! LOL! (his eyes got so glossy I thought he'd gone back to his days as a cop hang'n at the Dunkin Donut shop!)

Quote from: demodriver
My neighbor bought a S&S today for the 454 out of it today. He said if I helped pull the motor I could have all of the stuff out of it I wanted. I plan on getting the tanks, water pump, converter and some other things.  Cant beat the price of free!  O and it has two newer roof top ac units in it as well!

Shoot can't beat that price by a long shot! Shoot get ALL ya can even interior parts! Who knows you might be able to trade things you don't need/want for things you do!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 07:28:08 PM »

Well the s&s turned into a great donor. I got the stove w/oven, 3 way fridge (roughly apartment size), shower insert/tub, toilet, fresh water tank, and the electronics for all the tank guages.

The toilet,stove, and fridge had been updated at some point and dont appear to have ever been used much at all if any.

I am going back tomorrow to get the converter, hot water heater, furnace, grey and black water tanks.

It turns out that I will be out of town on the day that he wants to pull the engine so he just asked that I buy a piece of rubber roofing for his shead instead. So I should only have about $150 in all of it!
5B Steve

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 07:51:04 PM »

Welcome, Glad to hear there is another "NUT" in Indiana. From what it sounds like we got the state covered

lol! Bob in the SW, Chaz in the SE , I'm here in the Indianapolis area (Mooresville) few others up north.

Does it have OTR  AC.  If it does, and maybe others' will chime in and it's in good condition I would keep it.

Clifford would be good on that question.  Hey, good luck!

Steve 5B.......
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 08:17:16 PM »

do you mean over the road ac? Im not hip on the lingo lol. It has duct work in the floor and in the bottom of the over head shelfs. There is also a large coil at the back of the bus with a blower on it. The drivers air dont work very well.

I did find a reciept in the bus for $2600 for ac repair on the bus. The church that owned the bus said that the ac didnt work. Its on a toggle switch and they had ALL of the vents closed off. I dont think they ever opened them and probably never figured the toggles out since they arent labelled.
TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 09:30:22 PM »

. . .Im going to try to post some pictures of my trans on here maybe you guys can help id it.

Demodriver - The trans is a Fuller twin-countershaft 5-speed, I can't ID a specific model from here. It's basically a Roadranger transmission without the rear "splitter" section.

The shift knob was probably installed as a joke. It's the control for an old Eaton 3-speed tandem truck axle, which was actually two 2-speed axles, shifted separately to achieve a third speed.

Ted

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially 04 or 06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »

I'll be glad when someone does figure what transmission he has I all know for sure it is not what came in a Eagle

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 06:37:59 AM »

. . .Im going to try to post some pictures of my trans on here maybe you guys can help id it.

Demodriver - The trans is a Fuller twin-countershaft 5-speed, I can't ID a specific model from here. It's basically a Roadranger transmission without the rear "splitter" section.

The shift knob was probably installed as a joke. It's the control for an old Eaton 3-speed tandem truck axle, which was actually two 2-speed axles, shifted separately to achieve a third speed.

Ted
Thanks! Some ones joke sure has made me wonder. I have spent alot of time trying to find out what in the world I have. I think I will look at replacing the shifter nob now lol.

What other info would be needed to id what model it is?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:40:22 AM by demodriver » Logged
TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 06:54:48 AM »

It would take an ID tag to get closer.
For now, a close enough guess would be that it's an RT905
The case could be loaded with many different ratio combinations.
I suppose you could paddle it over while counting shaft turns to at least see if 5th is 1:1.

Ted
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:56:58 AM by TedsBUSted » Logged

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially 04 or 06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 07:20:17 AM »

I have looked all over it to find a id tag and couldnt find anything. The only place that I couldnt see was on the very top. I will pull the floor up and see if I can find anything. thanks again! Eric
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: