Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 06:31:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy looking for a little input on my conversion! Ongoing questions!  (Read 6355 times)
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »

Well heres what the redneck remodel ended up as. I was in a hurry to make it into a rv for the inspection for the title type transfer.  (NONE OF THIS IS PERMINANT) Well after it was all said and done I wouldnt of had to do anything to the bus to get it transfered to a rv.

I was finally able to get it titled and plated in my name today so I took the bus in for a inspection. Said it all passed with flying colors except I had two break shoes that showed signs of seperation from the metal. It also needs the tag axle tires replaced but I already knew that. They are pertty dry rotted.

It was nice to be able to put a few miles on it today. Probably put around 150 miles on it.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2011, 03:43:57 AM »

Believe me Eric It depends on the officer and the mood he is in!  What size tires you running? Might have a deal.  Bud wheel?   Bob
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:45:39 AM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
eagle10

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2011, 04:56:33 AM »

We had a 1984 Eagle 10 that we converted over 14 years ago. We took out the two excape hatches and put on a piece of side window glass that created  two nice sky lights.
We cut new holes for the A/C's. We kept our over the road heater motors as we need heat up here in the North. We just sold the Eagle and bought a different coach.
Good luck!
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2011, 06:13:14 AM »

Believe me Eric It depends on the officer and the mood he is in!  What size tires you running? Might have a deal.  Bud wheel?   Bob

Our local cop usually makes everything as difficult for me as possible so thats what I expected.  He was to lazy to leave his office tho this time.

I will check out the tire size and get back with you.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2011, 07:18:38 AM »

What transmission Eric ,the standard tire size for the 10 was a 11rx 24.4 found out a little more about the bus Caldwell Bros did the front end conversion with the big windshields those are tough to find came from the MOL built Eagle Intercontineal model bus and are not the same windshields as the model 15 or 20 which have the same windshields. Caldwell Bros owned the bus for a while it was going to be a entertainers bus and that is were I lost track.Those windshields are a Caldwell trademark fwiw

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »

What transmission Eric ,the standard tire size for the 10 was a 11rx 24.4 found out a little more about the bus Caldwell Bros did the front end conversion with the big windshields those are tough to find came from the MOL built Eagle Intercontineal model bus and are not the same windshields as the model 15 or 20 which have the same windshields. Caldwell Bros owned the bus for a while it was going to be a entertainers bus and that is were I lost track.Those windshields are a Caldwell trademark fwiw

good luck

The shop owner said it was a 13 spd but the tag was gone so he wasnt 100% sure. I still havent tried to drive it any differently.

Is the caldwell brothers a bus shop or something? And what does the mol stand for?

When you say it was going to be a entertainer bus, do you mean that it was going to be a rental type bus for sports teams and that kind of thing?

Thanks for the info!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2011, 02:40:19 PM »

Caldwell Brothers is a pair of brothers from Nashville that build coaches & lease buses to "entertainers" (musicains, etc) they have an awesome shop and set up off I-24 exit 40 on the North West side of Nashville, TN
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2011, 02:47:17 PM »

OK before someone else does I will correct my last incorrect post!
It seems I confused the Caldwell Brothers with the Hemphill Bros. and the Caldwell's are from VA!
Grin  BK  Grin
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:48:58 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »

Eric Have some good 11 r 22.5 don't guess they will do you any good. Bob

demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »

The tires are 11 r 24.4s.  Once again thanks for the info guys!
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2011, 07:27:56 AM »

Eric Have some good 11 r 22.5 don't guess they will do you any good. Bob

Bob those won't do him any good but don't you have a buddy that owns a trucking company that may have some good take offs?
(or what about the ones from the auction last yr?)
Grin  BK  'D

www.kylakesidetravel.net

demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »

ok guys I am going to be stuck using a portable style generator for a little while on my bus.

Is this a big "NO NO" or is there a good way to go about this?

I am open to ideas and suggestions.

My thoughts are to mount it in one of the rear bays and make its own enclosure inside the bay.  And to make a ram air style cooling system either in the door or in the bottom since its air cooled.

I may run the generator going down the road and while staying over nite while on the road at rest stops.

My concerns are all the normal ones, heat, fire retardant insulation, exhaust leaking into the living area, and of course noise.

I have read on here about the lead sheeting and lead backed drywall. At this time I dont want to spend the money on the lead because its not a permenant fixture but I still dont want to cut any corners on safety.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »

Do you already have gen set? If so major safety consideration is carbonmonoxide exhaust sealed to well outside bus. next fire& noise.

Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »

Maybe it would help to post new questions on separate thread. I stopped following this thread awhile ago. Just by chance I noticed the new questions.  Bad part is I still can't help because of lack of experience on my part.

Lonnie

1976 4905
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2011, 05:35:28 PM »

Do you already have gen set? If so major safety consideration is carbonmonoxide exhaust sealed to well outside bus. next fire& noise.

I have a Generac 5500 watt portable generator.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:43:53 PM by demodriver » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: