Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 10:05:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhaust Parts and Pieces  (Read 1420 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2006, 04:58:20 PM »

I read once the name of a company that sells truck/Bus exhaust pieces and parts online.

I even looked at there online catalog....But....

I searched and cannot find it again...Of course when I need it Huh

I am dropping the muffler this weekend and need all the information I can lay my hands on.

Dual exhaust, who knows!

I know one of you all have it on the tip of your tounge Tongue

Thanks

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
dickegler

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

Hi Cliff     Try www.unitedmuffler.com   I've had good luck with them.

Dick

dick egler  atlanta, in  92 prevost/beaver conversion
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 07:04:15 PM »

Shoot yer right Cliff it's on the end of my tongue and I can't see it to read it! Oh crap, I wish I could think of their name! They ain't supposed to sell to the "public on walk in" but since I own a shop and they are like 10 mins away I just pop in! I'll see if I can find it before I take off for my weekend charter tomrrow!  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 08:02:11 PM »

Cliff, this is probably a SWAG, but it wasn't  http://busfixx.tripod.com/busservice/index.html  ?  Believe the name is  "Bus Service."   
They are not too far from BK.   Have no clue as to the quality of the company or products.   
Does US Coach do exhaust parts for GM coaches?  If so, you would likely have them quickly.   Luke has rapid shipping. 
I've had some bad service from a couple of online parts companies.  
Had good service from IBP...understand that Rich has moved on???  Anyone know to where?  
US Coach seems to have a large inventory of MCI high mortality parts  (better then MCI?)...not sure about GM. 
Hope you find what you're looking for!  Wouldn't want to "let the smoke out" of the bus again!

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 04:25:22 AM »

Bus Serivce or busfixx.tripod.com is who I have used as they are close to me and are super to deal with. The guy that runs it his name is John (great guy) They have good quality stuff and competative prices.

Also Luke has a great inventory,great prices, and fast shipping. If either one don't have it, I would be very surprized. Wink

FWIW, In a pinch NAPA has truck exhaust parts

Dale
Dallas

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 04:47:16 AM »

Fleetpride carries many coach and truck parts.

http://www.fleetpride.com

Most exhaust parts are generic anyway, except maybe your muffler.

Bud Wales in Myrtle Beach had a new muffler at one time, I don't know if he still has it or not.

IHTH

Dallas
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 06:05:21 AM »

Guys,

I probably didn't explain my motive good enough.

I am really looking to do some custom work with stock componets(truck that is).

I am planning on taking the 2 pipes from the manifold where they go thru the bulk head and making a dual exhaust.

Once I drop the muffler I will cut out the old holding tank(lots of room then) and mock up an exhaust, to make sure it

will all fit.

Any Truck exhaust parts places you can think of will really help.

I need to see some online catalogs with sizes, bends, adaptors etc...Especially if you have seen one with the in pipe

baffles/mufflers like on a semi.

I would like to use a vendor that you may have had GOOD service from...(reward the deserving with our business)

Thanks for all your suggestions

Cliff
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:45:55 AM by FloridaCracker » Logged

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Dallas

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 07:17:14 AM »

Cliff,
FleetPride is a major heavy truck supplier. When I had my trucks, I bought more parts there than anywhere else.

They also have a downloadable parts catalog and have places all over the country.

Dallas
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 07:29:43 AM »

NAPA is a Fleetpride dealer. If you will go to your local NAPA and ask they will give you a copy of the catalog (they did me). Or I believe you can go to their (fleetpride) website and download a PDF catalog.

That catalog has all kinds and sizes of mufflers, piping, and adapters, plus backpressure and noise info. I had to get creative when I repowered my Fishbowl to a 6V92, so it came in VERY handy to say the least.

FWIW,
Dale
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 07:36:34 AM »

Check these guys out- they have a great online catalog and they have all the stuff.  I've used them many times

http://www.auto-jet.com/

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: