Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 07:12:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash pictures wanted  (Read 4514 times)
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »

Had an R&M for a while but didn't like it.  Went down to the Country Coach conversion shop (before they went under) and got a brand new Prevost dash out of the dumpster for free.  Have a few analog guages in it but rely on my Silverleaf VMS 400 and love it.  Lusted after the glass dash but at the time was quoted 10 grand!  3,500 for the 400 and could not live without it.  I wonder if a guy could find a good glass dash out of a wrecked CC somewhere?

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 10:01:04 AM »

I made the mistake of telling the boss that the glass dash was 10k!!! If I hadn't I could have said it was an ebay special!!!LOL. I looked a several before I did mine. I cut the R&M in half and made the back taller so it would be level on the top. I wanted the console underneath for the cd changer and a drawer. It also covers the area under the steering area as you walk in.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 10:16:22 AM »

Hang tight Mark I know where this a wrecked Newell if they don't repair it I'll get you dash I really want the whole Newell but the insurance co is doing a song and dance number on me I want the 625 hp Cat C-15 from it 11,000 miles

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »

Here's the pass side on ours.

http://prevostmotorhomes.ning.com/forum/topics/dashboard-upgrade

Put it togeather out of leftovers.

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »

Van, that eagle dash is a hard one to beat. When they came out in the model 10 it set a new standard!!
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 06:55:07 PM »

If you get it Clifford I would like the stainless exhaust tip for the Silverside.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »

Van do you have to wear sunglasses when you look at your dash?  Grin Grin Grin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 07:56:01 PM »

Eric, we were going to trash the dash, but after taking it all apart, decided it looked half @$# decent with some new paint (hate that grey) and a little TLC.  I know how alot of folks here are fond of the analog gauges, my hearts desire is to do it up with Dakota digital  one day, but I'm still fond of the lil' birdies on mine Grin, now that I can read the little suckers, I drive mine by the temperature gauge by the way, Don't ask me why though Grin Grin. I like your center console, and as soon as I can figure out the million dollar question of how to curve wood Cheesy Grin I will re visit my dash project forth with Wink Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 07:57:47 PM »

HCB, I have a dimmer, it is pleasing on the eyes too Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Repainting the gauge needles when I had them all apart was a plus, along with scraping 20+ years of gunk off of the inside of glass made them look like new  Wink
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:03:43 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »

Here is mine pre-install, curved corian and an assortment of VDO gauges. The big hole is for an Alpine head unit.

TM

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 04:14:03 AM »

That one is very very well done.

Curved corian..........do that yourself?  I suppose you decided it is safe from cracking? glue it to a plywood backer?

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 05:10:43 AM »

That one is very very well done.

Curved corian..........do that yourself?  I suppose you decided it is safe from cracking? glue it to a plywood backer?

I have the same question about how do you curve Corian?

I'm thinking Corian might a good material to use for my dash.  Would it be too reflective when the sunlight hits it?  I found some Corian countertops cheap on Craigslist I could get.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
dolson

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 05:43:10 AM »

If any of you guys looking for corian are any where near northeastern OK, I have piles of it.  My shop fabricates corian and I have drops and full sheets left over from jobs from the past that I would be most happy to see fellow busnuts make use of.  As far as curving or bending goes, I have thermoformed several pieces in my bus and its not to hard to do.  I usually make a form and put the corian in the oven on about 375 for around 30 minutes and then just lay it on the form and let it cool and your done, if your pieces are small you can just use your household oven.
I should have the corian fabrication manual in pdf which has specific info about thermoforming if anyone is interested.

TM
Your dash looks good, do you have any other pictures?  I am just about to start my dash and was not planning on corian but would like to study yours a little closer.

Doug Olson
Langley, OK
1992 MCI 102C3, 6V92, HT740
http://www.dwolson.com
mikewarmblood

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »

I haveto say that is a beautiful dash.  I would love that in my Flxible!! I wonder if that could be done. Eventhough it has a huge windshield.  I don't like the dashboard that is a fishbowl or a Flxible Newlook.   That is a beautiful dashboard... Nice work. 
travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 08:32:41 AM »

I've got some photos of the dash under construction, somewhere..... I'll post up when I find them. Lots of clamps and and a special jig made it happen.

TM

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: