Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 01:48:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Registering your bus as a (motorhome) Anyone have a gun. (joke)  (Read 7567 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 08:03:45 PM »

I did mine in NC----- and inspection in 1 hr,
Frank Allen   4106   

UMMMM?? What inspection?  Reckon I got shortchanged...didn't get no "inspection!"  Grin
Frank where're you in NC?  Either you or Kyle going to Dallas' get-together near Florence, SC? 
Regarding registration, Eagle says it all.  When trying to register a bus conversion.  Use the word "bus" and then it gets complicated. 
"Motorhome" is the operative word..  perhaps "Incomplete Motorhome."
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 09:42:22 PM »

J.R, got it done in Winston Salem where i lived for 27 yrs and wished i still did, i just took the paper work down and told em what i wanted and i was out of there in 15 mins, then i got a regular inspection that they do on cars and thats it, nobody asked me anything.
Frank Allen
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 07:08:17 PM »

Hello Frank,
Yep, I see you live down in Texas?   Regarding the inspection....tried to get a similar NC safety inspection...figured it was required. No one would do it.  Said that since it had air brakes, it didn't qualify for a NC inspection.. said it needed a DOT safety inspection.  Called some truck shops nearby and they said that motorhomes aren't inspected.  What the H.  I don't know.  Been driving it since 2001 without an issue.  Also, haven't seen any inpsection stickers on any airbrake RV either. 
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 09:38:52 PM »

JR, it seems they dont like to mess with buses much in NC, ive never been stopped in 19 yrs and ive been everywhere, i had the bus inspected in winston salem and also lexington, nobody ever refused to do it and nobody ever asked me what kind of brakes it has, they may never stop you but i like to be 100% legal so as not to give the insurance co any excuses not to pay in case of a problem. i do have a freind in nc that has never had an inspection. NC law says a motor home requires a reg inspection. Yea im in texas now, i enjoyed both north and south carolina the yrs i lived there. both great states to live in in my veiw
Frank Allen
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: